It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm a tech dummy, so I hope someone can help me out here. Recently I decided to finally write something in the spaces "mood," "location," "title" and so forth... but the text was on top of my avatar pic and almost illegible. So I removed what I had in the field "Your Background Image" in the hopes that I would get a black space below my avatar and the text would be more visible. Instead my entire avatar disappeared, even though there's still a URL in the "Your avatar" field. I'm completely stomped now... please help me get my avatar back!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There are 2 things in your avatar area: the Avatar is smaller and the Background image is larger. In this post you can see an avatar (the man) on top of a background image (the sun rays) The lettering is on the background, but the avatar itself is free of letters.

This post has an avatar on a black background.

Some people (like me) use a background image and a "clear" avatar, so the background image is all that shows and it's big. It sounds like that's how you were set up and you deleted the background image link, but still have a 'clear' avatar.

Where is your background image stored? Do you have a link to it? If it's in your ATSupload area, just go there (under Tools) and click on the picture. There will be an option called "Profile Background". That should bring your background back.

If you to set it up differently, I can help with that, too.
edit on 11/14/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ok lets figure this out, when i right click on your image here, which appears as an x, meaning file not found and click properties, it tells me that the url is listed as:

www.abovetopsecret....---/forum/thread775518/://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4952bce7ae4a.jpg

It looks as if you youo somehow managed to copy the url to a specific thread into your image field. Probably you were trying to copy and paste something, and your clipboard didnt coperate with you exactly.

What should appear as the url for the image is files.abovetopsecret....---/images/member/4952bce7ae4a.jpg

I replaced the .com with --- so you can read the entire url, since our board auto corrects the url to a neat little link, and you cant read it all. If you go to your avatar field and take out the thread ur and make sure you have the correct link to the image, as I spelled out above, it should be ok for you!

Hope this helps!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If all else fails, right click and resave your image, and use the new uploader to re-upload the image.

link here uploader

After you upload it, refresh the page and the image will appear in the box to the right, it has some easy to use links to follow, where its simply copy and paste.

Again hpe this helps, sometimes i just confuse people more!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks, guys, this post is a test to see if it works again.

IT DOES!!! You're the best!
edit on 14-11-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Thanks, guys, this post is a test to see if it works again.

IT DOES!!! You're the best!
edit on 14-11-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

I'm glad it worked for you.

I almost made it mine for a minute there while testing out my instructions! I'm glad yours works now, and i still have my TARDIS haha!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
you check the lost and found box?

top topics

join