It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an idea, Need mod approval.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Should this go in the questions fourm?
Meh, move if you want.

Ok, so over the weekend I went camping, and while we were out there, some guy by us mistook us for brothers.
He tried to start up some small talk and started to talk about "family camping the the great outdoors!", and than mentioned that we where brothers. After we told him that we where not brothers, we where boyfriends, he seemed slightly at shock.
After the initial blast, he started to ask questions about our relationship, which I found weird and intrusive, but my boyfriend kept answering them. This made be realize that people are CLUELESS about what really goes on after the parade, and outside of the club.

So, what does this have to do with this thread?

I want to start up a chain thread series, every tuesday that will answer one of ATS's questions about LGBT rights/what they are/ect. (or if somthing in news happens, or I hear another question on another thread, ect. ect.)

Some may say to do a youtube video series, but:
A. I don't have a camera
B. If I posted it on youtube, I would get more 12 year olds saying "EWWWIE" than anything else
C. If I posted the videos on ATS, I would get a bunch of people saying " Gaah! No me gusta video!!!
"

So, This thread will serve two purposes.

For mods: Is this legal, or does some obscure T & C rule prevent me from doing this.

For Members: Ask me questions! Do not debate questions! I need material!!!!!!
edit on 14-11-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

Do you breath air like regular people or have gills?

Just a joke of course.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
This made be realize that people are CLUELESS about what really goes on after the parade, and outside of the club.

You said a mouthful right there.

Many people have an idea of what a gay relationship is like (as though it's different from a straight one). I think a thread or series of threads on the subject is a good idea. Unfortunately, there are members who would do whatever they can to sustain the fear/ignorance/hatred cycle that exists around the subject. But I know you are courageous, so I say good luck to you!

I think exposure and education are the answers to the bigotry around homosexuality, so if you can do something to that end, I support you!

Sorry, I don't have any questions.

edit on 11/14/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Your gay??
Cool!!!

I have only one question.
Whats your recipe for shepperds pie??

This won't be the last time you will deal with people like that so take it in stride.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A gay relationship is obviously going to be exactly the same as a straight relationship? I don't see the point in this thread?

You say the guy out camping was intrusive with his comments and questions, yet You ask a group of strangers for there opinion and questions, bit bizare.

Same emotions, same lifestyles, those who pretend to not have a clue, are trapped in the past and can't think out the box.

edit on 14-11-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
as a mod .you are approved.good luck.tell them robomont approved.and say high to dont tread on me for me.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Do you tell your parents about your relationship? Are you open about it to everyone who asks about your sexuality?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
A gay relationship is obviously going to be exactly the same as a straight relationship?

Many here would argue with that point.
That's the purpose of the thread.

To the OP: If you want an answer from a mod, write to a mod. I've always had very good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

What? Wait, I thought that's what TV is for.

I learned all I know about LBGT from "Will and Grace," "Modern Family," and "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry!"

Good luck on your thread...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Just post a thread in the Relationships forum. It would either survive or die on it's own merit and the members' whim. No need for staff to endorse. What will be, will be. Best of luck with it.

I'm not gay myself (nor do I get the attraction there), but my brother is, and I work with a few lesbians and gay men, so I'm well aware of many of the factors. I'm all for the same rights, but against special rights.

My feeling is that some people are just born wired that way, and it simply is what it is. I think a person's soul can often be masculine or feminine, and simply retains that inkling, even if born into an opposite form.

top topics

join