It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress profiting from us losing jobs, businesses and homes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Congress: Trading stock on inside information?

So here you have it. Not only does Congress get to trade on insider information (if we did this we would go to jail), but they also bet on the economy tanking in 2008, profiting handsomely while Americans were losing jobs, businesses and homes. They are profiting from our misery. If this does not wake the American citizen up to oust these bums, then I don't know what will.

I also find it kind of ironic that they chose now to run this segment, considering it validates some of the issues that the OWS movement has been complaining about. I don't agree with the OWS movement, as I think it is a haphazard movement with no defined focus or leadership, but that does not mean I don't agree with some of their grievances. The American populace needs to flood their representatives with demands that they pass legislation prohibiting them form benefiting from non-public information.

Now you know why people fight so hard to get into, and stay in office in DC. There's money to be made there, and it's not chump change. They are not there to serve your interests, they are there to line their pockets. This behavior should be an outrage for ever citizen of not only our country, but the world.
edit on 11/14/2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Amongst other things; Operation Fast & Furious, NATO war crimes in Libya and Afghanistan, inside trader tip offs.....when will it ever end?

The whole world will be watching the Americans in Nov next year as they converge to the polls re the US Prsidential elections.....not to await the outcome of the next US President, but to watch how smart the Americans are in the eyes of the international arena.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well, if the local elections are a barometer of what to expect, there will be no change. It's amazing how many people complain and bitch but when elections roll around, they re-elect the same old crap. Putting spoiled milk back in the fridge does not make it good milk the next day. Our citizens are a bunch of freaking morons.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Then the Americans will get exactly what they deserve and the world will suffer because of it. If Obama is re-elected, the American people will loose whats left of their pride.

I'm hoping for the American people's own version of shock and awe come November next year and send shock waves through the "establishment" by voting away from the two major parties (although Ron Paul is riding on the Republican ticket).

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Elected officials shouldn't be allowed to buy or sell stocks.

Congress needs to be heavily regulated.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by opaplumber123

Why do you send us to a computer threat site.

As soon as i brought up the sites my AV warning came on and had to block the sites.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Jeeze... duh! Sorry, we on the left have been trying to point this out for years now, so forgive me if i'm a little headslappy here... This is how it works.

Business profits from joblessness, for the simple reason that it drives wages down. Suddenly there's a large pool of workers competing against each other. In this situation you can break up unions, cut wages, strip benefits, claim the right to fire for any reason... Essentially high unemployment means absolutely no protections in the workplace. This translates directly into higher profits. All you have to do is make sure there are enough people employed to keep buying stuff, and you're good. The winners in this scenario are operations like Wal-Mart, which not only have no protections from their workers, but actively eliminate all competition; they have, essentially, a captive workforce that returns most of their money - at a loss - to the very people they work for.

Congress benefits because of lobbying. That is, to put it bluntly, bribery. Senator Snort agrees to introduce a bill penned by GE, well, GE will give him a few hundred shares, offer him a place on the board if he retires from politics, sends Sen. Snort's kid to college, whatever you want. They can fund his campaign. They can buy the media for him. They can suppress books that expose Snort's closet skeletons. And if Snort gets caught... well, then what? Everyone else in congress is bought, too, are htye going to prosecute him and risk their lucrative bribery system? No, they let him gracefully resign into the waiting, embracing arms of whatever multibillion-dollar corporation he fancies.

Your lost business is also good for bigger businesses. it means they can buy you out cheaply. It means htey can then sell your assets overseas and keep your label. it means htey eliminate competition. Etc. Which again, makes their puppets in congress look on the loss of your business as a good thing.

Same goes for the loss of your home. The loss of your local schools, you name it.

it's called disaster capitalism, and it is completely intentional.

top topics

join