It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel says Iran closer to atom bomb than thought

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday the full extent of Iran's nuclear program was not reflected in a recent U.N. report, which said that Tehran appeared to have worked on designing an atomic bomb. "Iran is closer to getting an (atomic) bomb than is thought," Netanyahu said in remarks to cabinet ministers, quoted by an official from his office.

"Only things that could be proven were written (in the U.N. report), but in reality there are many other things that we see," Netanyahu said, according to the official. The Israeli leader did not specify what additional information he had about Iran's nuclear program during his cabinet's discussion on the report by the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) released last week. At the start of meeting, Netanyahu made a broadcast repeating his call for the world "to stop Iran's race to arm itself with a nuclear weapon before it is too late."

www.reuters.com...

I personally don't see why Iran isn't allowed to have nukes, Pakistan has them, India, North Korea if I'm not mistaken, Israel has them etc etc etc. It seems pretty obvious to me they are stepping up this campaign and that it may reach a pretty scary point in the near future if Israel attacks Iran. I don't see how the US could sustain another war like this, with all of the other occupations and efforts it doesn't seem feasible given the current economic situation back home as well.

It seems pretty obvious to me what is going on here and I personally won't stand for it, the outcomes will be far too disastrous for us not to act and voice our dissatisfaction. It seems likely that an attack may happen before Christmas, although as someone pointed out in an article the atmospheric conditions around that period may not be optimal for such an attack....it all sounds pretty scary to me.
edit on 14-11-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The only problem with that is.. Israel has very little credibility for truth these day.. hell for a long time now.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Of course, although I don't think that will stop people from sitting back and watching as this all happens in front of us. It also doesn't mean that Israel will not attack....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

It's propaganda. They are gonna keep repeating this ad-nauseum until they go to war. Because that's what they do. The situation reminds me of the UN "inspectors" pre Iraq invasion.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Maybe Israel could destroy ALL their nukes then others in the area may not feel the need to defend themselves..

If I was Iran I'd be getting one built ASAP even if I'd never intended to before..
What with Israel screaming for blood a little deterrent would be a good idea.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
and pigs fly too..

No matter how many times israel repeats that little bit of fiction it will remain fiction. Not worth the world fighting and dying just so israel can get its rocks off over more mass murder..

Israel scared to face iran on its own theyd get their psychotic heads handed to them on a platter as theyd be facing more than just the usual unarmed old people, women and children so they're trying their damnedest to drag others in to fight and die for them in yet another illegal / immoral war because iran hurt poor little genocidal psychopath israels feelings..
the world should tell israel to get stuffed its on its own.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
and pigs fly too..

the world should tell israel to get stuffed its on its own.

Could not agree more, well worded

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I hope they're right. Not just one nuke but maybe 5 or 10 of them.

Then maybe NetanYAHOO will be forced to behave himself.

Israel is the problem over there, not Iran.. and for them (and the US for that matter) to be calling Iran out for trying to build the exact same weapons both other countries possess - for the same reasons - is rediculous and hypocritical to the max.

If these countries are so concerned about others obtaining nuclear weapons, i think they should set an example and liquidate their own arsenal as a sign of good faith.... either that, or STFU

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You said:
I personally don't see why Iran isn't allowed to have nukes.

Is that not the same as saying;

I don't see why pedophiles should not work in daycare's
I don't see why rapists should not be janitors in a nurses residence
I don't see why violent criminals should not have guns

The truth is that Iran has made it pretty clear their intentions. They have also stated why they have those intentions.

They think that if they can start Armageddon, that the 12th imam will descend from the heavens and create an islamic utopia here on earth.

What better way than to speed things along than to light off a few nukes?

This should be as plain to see as the nose on your face.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfidel
You said:

The truth is that Iran has made it pretty clear their intentions. They have also stated why they have those intentions.

They think that if they can start Armageddon, that the 12th imam will descend from the heavens and create an islamic utopia here on earth.

If Iran is insane and all they want to do is rain holy hell down upon the world, then you can without a doubt apply that same philosophy to Israel.

IMO the world would be better off not having ever invented these weapons, but we did - and for one country with a history of TERRORISM to insist that another doesn't have the right to defend itself against said behaviour is again, rediculous.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

I must have an itsy bitsy nose cause i ain't seeing it..

if Iran were trying for that self fulfilling prophecy then being the aggressor, which launching a nuke is, would not see the return of their savior..

I'm pretty sure they know that..

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfidel
You said:

Think somebody needs to go back to school and learn to actually think.
Rather than spouting ignorant bigoted propaganda and making examples that not only are in extremely poor taste but also have no relavance to the main subject - the 'supposed' development of nuclear weapons by iran being made by israel to justify more mass murder.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to HIWATT

Exactly!

It's just ridiculous

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
And saying that from your incredibly comfortable surroundings that is Canada.

You obviously have never experienced enemies all around you who want to see your demise.

Its a different world there boys and girls. They deal with things that would make the average Canuck poo poo in their fancy Areopostile pants.

And they live it daily.

I don't get how you can call people terrorists who are trying to protect the ones they love. Their kids, their parents, wives, co workers aunts and uncles.

Sure they are greedy and love the almighty buck. Who doesn't?

You would fold like a house of cards if faced with what those Jews face on a second to second basis.

You may try to tell me something different, but I can read through it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

I think what is meant is that Israel are constantly violating international laws and consistently, pre emptively doing moves that no other nation in the world bar the US can get away with, but then when Iran wants to get a couple of nukes to defend itself from this pretty rogue nation suddenly Iran are the bad guys, this all while Israel sit on loads of nukes and break laws left right and centre...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I know what your saying, really I do, and I can see your convictions.

The reality still exists though, that these are incredibly hardened souls. You look back over their history.

Take your average joe/jane here, lets take you for instance.

I,d bet all I have, and I have lots, that if dropped into the reality that is their situation, you wouldn't even make it in the girls brigade, let alone the boys brigades. You,d be crying for your Tim Hortons, your fancy trips to the maritime s, morning coffee, and all the things you take for granted 100% of the time.

The second a bullet was fired at your head, or your mother was blown up on a bus, or you had to send your kid off to a checkpoint, you would wish you were anywhere but that reality. That reality is something you have zero understanding about.

And that reality is the Jewish souls can not escape to Timmies to get away from it.

Im out on this one. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

experienced far more than you can even begin to imagine kid starting with 4 tours in a little place called vietnam with s.o.g in the 60's before you were even a gleam in your daddy's eye.
worked as a physician over the years since in war zones and disaster areas where most wont go including time in gaza treating elderly, women and children who were victims of israeli atrocities and helping bury those that didnt survive.

And what exactly have you done kid other than spouting the same old bigoted propaganda ?
edit on 14/11/11 by Expat888 because: tech. probs.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Dear Isreal,

We are on to you.

Sincerely,

The World
edit on 14-11-2011 by MrRoboto because: I fail at spelling and life,

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Personally, I think he's wrong. I'm willing to bet that Iran already has nukes and has had them for a while. Truthfully, though, I could care less whether they do or not. Iran's not attacked that many, if anybody at all, for that past 100 years, yet the U.S. can't seem to get out of war and we have them by the droves. What gives us the right and Iran not? Let them have their nukes. They just want an insurance policy against an attack, not to actually use them.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 14-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join