It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could OWS stop being a temporary "protest" and become a more permanent "way of life"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I rarely bike up the hill, but I did today. I know there is an Occupy camp up near the UC Berkeley Campus, but today I noticed about 20 tents in the park behind City Hall, across from Berkeley High School. I didn't know they were there. Didn't stop, was in a hurry. May go back up later to see what's going on there.

Somehow I can see this being the "norm"

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
No, I do not think so. The way i see it. Is the goverment sees the OWS movement as a problem. Not because they are going to achieve anything but because its a reminder to the public that protests dont work. Well that is my opinion. I have had the view for a while that protests dont work and it wont be to a series of high impact worldwide events happen and causes a collapse of the government through war or social unrest.were getting there
edit on 14-11-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The simple fact is that winter is looming, people are sick of them and they will not be able to live like losers in the greener parts of our cities. As I have said time and time again most of them want to get a job, bath and pay some tax before bitching about the system

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I really hope not. They ruined my lunch and shopping day plans on Saturday.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know in my city, the occupy protest has become a place where most of the already homeless have congregated with some welfare recipients, and the odor of marijuana and feces fills the air. Not only do I believe these aren't the 99%, but I'm certain they now believe the "occupy" has become their right to just live in the park. In my city anyways.

There were some small business owners who closed up shop, initially, to show their support. But they were scared off by the even more worse off individuals of society. I believe where I am, they could use the "Occupy" as a way to continue the tent city, as it is much nicer than the alternative. I hope the REAL message was heard. But it seems to be dwindling to the OTHER 1 percent.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Why aren't these people occupying celebrities or athletes front lawns? Celebrities and athletes have jobs that Sun Tzu would refer to as "matters of no importance" that are good for distracting a country you want to take over. They make way too much money for what they do and they don't really contribute much to the economy stimulation either so where is the outrage for rich celebrities and athletes? Or is the outrage only for the producers, movers and shakers that have dragged this country out of the stone age?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join