It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the space race? America sure doesnt!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
And do you know why?

Russian mission to Martian moon stuck in Earth orbit

That would be why. Yes the mission didnt go as planned, but you know what? Atleast Russia is actually doing something with their technology other than using it to blow the living hell out of another country. And of course we as Americans cant hear of such adventures (not that our media would tell us about them) because it may make us actually think about doing something other than watching football or waging war! It has been 42 years since we set foot on our own moon and we havent been back since. And whats the reason? Its obviously because we have no damn money huh?!

I dont understand it. Are the people running this country stupid or just special? We have no money to spend on a space program because we spend all our money on war (and of course handing whats left over to Israel in the name of 'aid' instead of AIDING our own people that now live on the street) and instead of stopping the war we just cut our space program. So what does this tell me? War is more important than space. Hell, war is more important than our own damn economy. Yes, it is actually more important to the US Government to wage war with the rest of the world than to advance our knowledge or even preserve our species... or even our own country for that matter.

I have a new question. How long do you think we have until some rock slams into this planet? The last one came closer than our own moon. How much bloodshed can our species handle until we see a nucular world war? Yellowstone could erupt. Polar shifts happen. Do people honestly believe that this planet is going to be here forever? As a species, shouldnt it be more important to preserve ourselves instead of waging war? This way, if and when something big does happen... we dont all get wiped out at once! Interesting idea isnt it?! Im sure if the dinosaurs actually had a damn brain in their head bigger than that of the average politian (sorry I cant name the 3rd one) they would have thought of the same thing huh?!

How primitive we are. I want to know which special ed alien it was that was stupid enough to hand the big boy toys over to the monkeys. Seriously.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This thread needs to be in the Rant forum (if anywhere).

If anyone has half a brain and knowledge of what is going on in the world (think over half a century of UFOs, about twenty years of black triangles, and mixed in with the US being the policeman for the NWO which we can probably assume is mandated by the UFO overlords, ...whew! Well, then you can appreciate that the US is far beyond the old noisy and smelly brute rocket stage for moving folks and equipment to exotic places.

...But many of you can't think that far, so forget it. Just bitch over what you are cleverly and carefully allowed to preceive and not what some insightful thinking could provide.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You obviously haven't been paying attention.

NASA is letting the space program go partially privatized. If you want innovation and to speed up the process, you let the private sector do it. Who has the money and can afford to hire the brains.

Say hello to Virgin Galactic.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Yeah, I remember the space race. I also remember the Mars Global Surveyor, and Spirit and Opportunity, and another rover that should launch in just under two weeks. So I hope you'll forgive me if I'm not impressed by a Russian Mars mission that didn't even get out of Earth orbit.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
This thread needs to be in the Rant forum (if anywhere).

Right because having an oppinion on something is obviously something that has no place on this website.

If anyone has half a brain and knowledge of what is going on in the world (think over half a century of UFOs, about twenty years of black triangles, and mixed in with the US being the policeman for the NWO which we can probably assume is mandated by the UFO overlords, ...whew! Well, then you can appreciate that the US is far beyond the old noisy and smelly brute rocket stage for moving folks and equipment to exotic places.

I dont put my faith behind a shaking cell phone video of a 'triangle' that could literally be anything. Nwo, secret societies, ufos or secret space programs. I dont see proof and I dont base them on reality. I know that either A: there is a secret program and the people of this world are not to be apart of it or B: we're still stuck pluggin away on rockets because nobody gives a damn. Either way, its a problem.

...But many of you can't think that far, so forget it. Just bitch over what you are cleverly and carefully allowed to preceive and not what some insightful thinking could provide.

I could just go watch Star Wars and make things up and then create a response and call people stupid when they dont believe in the easter bunny... but I dont.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
You obviously haven't been paying attention.

NASA is letting the space program go partially privatized. If you want innovation and to speed up the process, you let the private sector do it. Who has the money and can afford to hire the brains.

Say hello to Virgin Galactic.

Ive heard about this but havent seen anything recently about it. If so, this is good because this is where it should have been all along.

new topics

top topics

join