It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Time Lapse Video of Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is incredible video from the ISS, watch for the lightning and northern lights...

Time lapse sequences of photographs taken with a special low-light 4K-camera by the crew of expedition 28 & 29 onboard the International Space Station from August to October, 2011.

Enjoy-

Similar recent thread but different video - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Simply amazing. I can't get enough of how this universe works. Great video. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Seeing the aurora borealis and the relativly thin autmosphere like that is just a wonder. We are so lucky to exist haha. Nice find beautiful video

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
That is a great find, S&F my friend!

Flying up north towards Barrow, AK the northern lights look just like that, Huge and Amazing, filling the entire sky.

Its nice to see videos like the OP, It always reminds me how small and minor I am to the rest of the galaxy. I have so much appreciation for life and respect for the elements in our universe.

Beautiful!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The Great Earth!!

From above it looks like heaven, untill you live in it ><

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Nice! Whats that at 1:42? Another satellite flyby?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Are those lights from citys/towns? (Not the green ones), This is truly fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I agree,

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Such a beautiful site. The auroras and lighting storms look amazing, wish i could see it from aboard the space station.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I like to try to try to see where they are in these videos.

At :20 you can clearly see the lights of Chicago, and the outline of Lake Michigan, Again in another direction you see central US, the parallel grid of central Missouri ( you can see from a jet airliner), the outlines of Lake Michigan and Lake Erie, then to the US eastern seaboard from Jacksonville up to at least the Carolina outer banks, from :35 to :40.

Would like ideas of what that island strip might be from 1:32 to 1:37, I'm thinking the populous Indonesian island of Java. Lightning very cool.

Very bright Italy and Sicily at 2:01 quite clear. At 2:25 clearly the Nile Delta and flyby over Israel moving over Turkey and the Black Sea coast and through Russia, and again from 2:40.

3:07 daytime shot of Mexico's Baja California peninsula and Gulf of California quite obvious heading from the s west to n east, then you can see the Great Salt Lake about 3:11 (I think).

Win a prize if you can tell us what the red ribbon is at 3:47 or so.

Thought maybe the island at 3:01 is Taiwan but maybe not. That's all I got for now.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shewhohasnoname

Our earth is very artificially lit. Some obvious areas you wont see at night, but notable areas would be North Korea, nearly pitch black, and Afghanistan and most of Mongolia.

Easy size to view NASA map city lights; at this link.

Larger resolutions at the Visible Earth NASA various satellite views of The Blue Marble.

Brightest areas of the night world being the Megalopolis of eastern US, from Washington DC to Boston (through Baltimore, Philadelphia, Jersey and NYC, and through New Haven—featured in an old National Geographic), Japan, and about Frankfurt Germany to London England or so.

At a higher resolution you can see almost the entire Alaskan Pipeline, from Prudhoe Bay, to Valdez. Also note the central US parallel light grid around Missouri, between St. Louie and KC.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skido
Nice! Whats that at 1:42? Another satellite flyby?

Not sure if I'm seeing what you're seeing...

Piece of the ISS?

new topics

top topics

join