It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, Another Occupy Thread - Down-Low on Denver

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Would that be fair, though? They may not have the best personality attributes, but they are part of the percentage.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by alexbassguy
All in all, everyone seemed to agree, which makes me kind of sad. America has become so broken that even our rebellions - in some cases - become almost as bad, in different ways, than what they're rebelling against.

I find the whole OWS movement a fascinating human behavior study. People tend towards certain structure in society, they think they don’t want that structure but when it’s removed they immediately go right back to recreating it. We see this in the OWS encampments, they form their own security forces, segregated sleeping enclaves, and even organizational "governments"- micro versions of the very things they object to in society at large. They unite under the banner of “we are the 99%”, but then they argue among themselves about who is worthy to stay in the encampments and who should leave. They sub-divide themselves up into groups based on their personal beliefs- communist, homosexual, etc. Many protestors have objected to “homeless” people infiltrating their ranks just to get free stuff without putting any work in themselves. Many have also complained about those who are not “real” protestors because they go home to their comfy bed every night instead of toughing it out in a tent. It’s just fascinating to me because these people have tried to band together to fight against certain aspects of society, but then they seem to revert back to the exact same behavior they find objectionable in others.

I am also watching the human behavior aspect of it. I wanted to see the organization and skills they'd use as a problem arose.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I watched a news article on Occupy in Canada last night and it related the same problems as you pointed out. Many vagrants have used it as an opportunity to get a tent and hang out. Many of these people don't have a clue what Occupy is about; there just hanging around.
Too bad.
I wonder how this is affecting the general message?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Occupy Wall Street, Lest We Plutocracy

edit on 15-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join