It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacked by a spirit - what's next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Before I get into the subject of this post, a little backstory:

My boyfriend and his family are of Asian descent. They immigrated here 30+ years ago from a country with a troubled political history. His mom and dad were favored by their country's royal family and when the royals were overthrown and later killed...they had to skip town for their own safety. His parents still follow the traditions and customs of their culture, even after having lived in the US for many years. (though my boyfriend and his siblings are highly "Americanized")

*going forward, I'll refer to his mom as "Mom" and his dad as "Dad"

Mom and Dad speak in broken English. Most of the time they understand what I'm saying, but to reply they sometimes struggle for the right words. My boyfriend usually ends up serving as translator.

Mom claims to have a "power." I believe she's extremely clairvoyant. She sees things she calls "spirits" and often has dreams about things that later come true. I've heard stories from her that would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

One of the mildest instances of her ability was a recent dream. A man came to her and told her, in her native language, that there was a large sum of money nearby and gave her directions on how to find it. The next day, she and Dad went out and she found a wad of several thousand dollars on the side of the road....right where the man in her dream told her it would be.

The FREAKIEST thing I've ever heard from her happened just last night and is what prompted me to start this thread. She and Dad were picking us up from the airport. We'd been out of town for several days. She said that they were driving to a local asian grocery store a couple evenings earlier. It was a full moon. They drive this path often but rarely at night.

Mom noticed that Dad started swerving to the left and was barreling straight for a huge oak tree in the median. Mom said that she saw the "spirit" of a girl sitting underneath the tree and that the girl was pulling their car towards her. Mom held out her left hand, palm flat and facing the girl and started yelling at her to leave. (mom says that her left arm and hand is her strongest...not sure exactly what that means)

The girl disappeared. Vanished. Dad was able to regain control of the car continue down the road. When she got home she called one of her sons and told him what happened. He said that a friend had the same experience the week before. He just thought the friend was making stuff up to scare him.

Intrigued, I quizzed her on details. She said the girl was caucasian, had short hair, and was wearing a white tshirt and jeans. She says that spirits often look just like real people, but that she can tell they're not. No see-through ghosts I guess.

My boyfriend has had a few encounters with the spirit world and I feel very strongly that he has a bit of his mom's ability. Does anyone else have experience with these sorts of weird happenings? Or know members of the same family with this ability? I'm extremely curious to know more about this phenomenon and am happy to recount more instances of Mom or my boyfriend's clairvoyance if asked.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fusion47

We're all spirits.

Those who "know it" have somehow developed a more direct line between themselves and their environment.

Most beings hide behind the mechanisms of the body and don't like to be seen and known for what they really are.

But that doesn't mean they aren't there!

Try asking "Mom" for some tips on how to get stronger spiritually. If you are sincere, she might tell you some.

Being one of the "hiders" my own experiences are somewhat limited. But there are lots of stories of such experiences out there, on the web and in books. The "alien abduction" phenomenon, "ghost" phenomena, and "possession" phenomena are all related to the spiritual nature of us and other beings.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

It's interesting you mention possession as being related. When my boyfriend and I first broached this topic a few years ago, he told me about a time when he was a child that his uncle was possessed by his grandfather. He said he couldn't remember many details, but he does recall the possession lasted a couple hours and that the family sat around talking to the grandfather. He also said he remembered everyone piling blankets onto his uncle because something about the experience made him very cold.

The entire family are devout Buddhists and, apparently, nothing about the possession seemed weird to any of them.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ask her about "Black Magic". That's where they ask those entities to do things for them, for personal gain.

But it's got a cost. You have a steep price to pay for getting their services. For the money, which she may have asked for....her price may be death to pay the debt.

There was a certain US Presidents wife a few decades ago who was really big in this. She went to some remote Pacific Islands with powerful black magic and asked for favors. They got rich.....but the price they paid was an early death.

The Kennedy's.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The way she tells that particular story, she seemed surprised by the whole thing. But I don't know. I have to be cautious of how to approach getting more info. There are certain topics she clams up about. Things she refuses to talk about.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Not a human spirit, it was a demon or as we know them...fallen angels. Human spirits go to wherever they are destined in the after life, be it heaven or hell. What people think they see as departed loved ones or friends or departed people are demons taking the forms of those dead people in order to decieve people and mess with them or scare them and yes....fallen angels can kill you if you are not covered in the blood of Christ. There have been many accounts where they have picked people up and strangled them in mid air or thrown them across a room like a ragdoll. Look up the case of Don Decker, who was possessed by a demon in 1983 that could make it rain inside houses and could make the rain fly from the floor to the cieling and defy gravity, it also picked him up and levitated him in the air and then threw him across the room into a wall. These things are very real and very frightening.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Covered in the blood of christ? How lovely!

I think this is bull. You are scaring people unnecessarily. Telling propaganda.

Believe me. I know it's real. However as you formulate it just makes me cry.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm dying to hear more stories about "Mom." Can you PLEASE tell us some more?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Come now. Black magic? Even if it was real, why would there be a price to pay for using it? Because 'The Craft' says so? If that is the case, whoever developed black magic did a terrible job.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreyFoxSolid
reply to post by Pervius

Come now. Black magic? Even if it was real, why would there be a price to pay for using it? Because 'The Craft' says so? If that is the case, whoever developed black magic did a terrible job.

No. Whatever developed black magic did a perfect job. There's a price to pay for everything.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

The first "mom has powers" story I ever heard was when my boyfriend (who I'll call Paul) was telling me about a car wreck he had in school. His college was a 3 hour drive from his parents house and he decided one weekend to surprise them with a visit. He left in the middle of the night. We live in the southeast, and the particular path he was driving is full of sharp curves and a bit mountainous.

He was going too fast around a pretty steep curve and ended up rolling his car and smashing into the side of the mountain. When he came to, his car was upside down and he was still buckled in. Disoriented, he looked into the rearview mirror and saw a guy walking towards his car in the brake lights. He figured somebody had seen him wreck and stopped to help. Paul unbuckled and wiggled out the broken window, but there was nobody out there. He had no bars of reception on his cell phone and had to wait until somebody passed by to call for help.

As he was being checked out by the paramedics, his phone rang. All of a sudden he had full bars. It was his mom calling to ask if he was ok. She said that in the middle of the night, a man came to her in a dream and said that her son had been in a car accident. Paul was shocked. His visit was supposed to be a surprise. He told her that he saw a man walking towards his car before he climbed out of it. His mom said that was his guardian angel. The same man in her dream. She said he told her many people had been killed at that spot on that road but that her son would be ok.

When I first heard this story, I thought this might be a case of "mother's intuition." Turns out she knew all the details of the accident, including where it happened and what time. Still creeps me out to this day to think about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
She sounds awesome -- you're lucky to know her.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi, am mostly a lurker around here but I thought I might share some info.

The possession of the uncle by the grandfather sounds a lot like the spirit possession/medium of the Chinese that I've once read. It's Taoist-related. A medium can be possessed by either gods/deities, spirits or even "demons". You can ask them for information, blessings or advice. Hopefully though, they're channeling the deities instead of "demons".

It's supposed to be quite common in Chinese communities...outside of China, where they still practice the old traditions.
edit on 15-11-2011 by rinrin because: added info

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Learn to do a banishing ritual.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fusion47
reply to post by l_e_cox

It's interesting you mention possession as being related. When my boyfriend and I first broached this topic a few years ago, he told me about a time when he was a child that his uncle was possessed by his grandfather. He said he couldn't remember many details, but he does recall the possession lasted a couple hours and that the family sat around talking to the grandfather. He also said he remembered everyone piling blankets onto his uncle because something about the experience made him very cold.

The entire family are devout Buddhists and, apparently, nothing about the possession seemed weird to any of them.

I really do not think anyone can be possessed by another human spirit, as two cannot live within one body. As for any other type of possession, ever notice only the religious devout get possessed? As for being possessed by an inferior spirit, one would have to invite the spirit in, then cannot "invade."

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by fusion47
reply to post by l_e_cox

I really do not think anyone can be possessed by another human spirit, as two cannot live within one body. As for any other type of possession, ever notice only the religious devout get possessed? As for being possessed by an inferior spirit, one would have to invite the spirit in, then cannot "invade."

I think saying only the religiously devout get possessed is a gross over-generalization. I offer that secular people also get possessed, they just call it different things. Helps with the veil of denial.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Not a human spirit, it was a demon or as we know them...fallen angels. Human spirits go to wherever they are destined in the after life, be it heaven or hell. What people think they see as departed loved ones or friends or departed people are demons taking the forms of those dead people in order to decieve people and mess with them or scare them and yes....fallen angels can kill you if you are not covered in the blood of Christ.

Ha! That is a good one friend. Where did you learn that, if I may ask? Why is you religious type assign anything not of your liking as a demon? I have seen the spirits of the dead for most of my life, and I can assure you they are not a demon, and are not fallen Angels. They are spirits of human beings that were alive in human bodies, and are now in spirit form, period. To even say things like that is an insult to all of your friends and relatives that have passed over. What will you do when you yourself pass over? Start screaming "Demons" at everyone? Think about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have some small ability as a medium, although untrained.

demons and such like are fairy stories to scare people and keep them under control.

Please don't believe such things are real.

Ability, intuition etc are real, very much so, but fairy tales are something different. The lady you discuss, clearly has abilities, but if you believe and are ready to hear, she will talk to you,

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

I'm almost as intrigued with her son's abilities as her own. They are far weaker, but they are present. Perhaps he's reluctant to embrace or develop them the way his mom has.

Paul works third shift in the pharmacy at a local hospital. Part of his nightly duties are to deliver medicines floor by floor, pushing around a cart of stuff. There's one particular hallway that's always creeped him out - the hallway with the cath lab. The hospital turns down lights in unused areas like this overnight, but he says there's something about this hallway that makes him more uncomfortable than others.

About a year ago, he called me about 11:30 pm freaking out. He said he was pushing his cart down the cath lab hallway and noticed there was a guy standing in the corner at the end of the hallway. Normally he'd say hello in passing, but something compelled him to greet the man upon seeing him all the way at the end of the hallway.

"Hi, how are you?" he asked. The man didn't respond. He was looking down at his hands. I asked what the man looked like, and he said he was a middle aged black man, shaved head, in a scrub top and black pants.

He said hello again as he pushed the cart down the hallway. Still no response. The man looked up from his hands and peered down the hallway....past Paul as if he wasn't there. In a blink the man vanished. Paul looked around the corner down another hallway and saw no one. He tried a couple doors at the end of the hallway. They were locked. The man was just gone.

The next morning, a hospital wide email went out notifying everyone that an employee had passed away late the night before. He was described as being a longtime worker assigned to the hospital's cath lab. I tried to convince Paul to go to the man's visitation at an area funeral home to see if it was open casket, and to see if it was the same man he saw in the hallway. He refused.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Very interesting reading your mother in law and husbands experiences. I'm curious what their religious background is because I am wondering if maybe your mother in law is much more open to having these paranormal experiences due to not having stereotypical religious fears and blinders on. Your husband seems to have the same gift of seeing spirits as his mom.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join