It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New scandal to ROCK Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

This is all political smoke. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING will be done.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. As the above poster said, everyday people have been hurt by their decisions.

Nothing will be done unless WE THE PEOPLE take action to do what the 'real journalists' won't, and continue to expose the hypocrisy. I know the politicians want to whitewash this, for the MSM to ignore it. That's why WE need to hold their feet to their fire. A lot of people are waking up to this because of the hard times, they just cant zone out to the tv anymore, or go out and have fun - because they are going broke, getting hungry, and wondering what happened to this country. Even though this behavior has been rampant for awhile more folks are just realizing this now.

I like how they have no term limits in Congress, they just keep coming back to loot. Spending big bucks on re-election campaigns to show the 'consumer' how much good they do for them...

Here is a site starting to detail this corruption as well:

www.congressinsiders.com...

People are starting to take off their rosy-colored glasses, or I could go they other way and say folks are starting to put on their Rowdy Roddy specs and see these politicians for the creatures they really are.

edit on 14-11-2011 by YoungBloodNews because: Grammar error, wit added

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This ties back to the recent disclosure that Congess is exempt from insider trading rules and that every attempt to change those regulations has failed --- for decades. We have to throw them all out People. And banrupt both parties. This country is in desperate need of a "Ctr-Alt-Del"

edit on 14-11-2011 by jtma508 because: fixed a non-displayed text

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by YoungBlood News

Bout time someone brought up Prince pelosi's dealings. But like Solyndra and Fast & Furious this too shall disappear with a "sudden" increase in violence in the staged ows or another staged event to distract us.

reading your quote, i could see the parade of lying face on tv saying "we are at war" or "weapons of mass destruction".

on cue the drama queens in DC, London, etc will drown all of reality with their lies, repeated until the stupids all believe.

political scoundrels, their religious allies and others who have sold their soul for a paycheck and a position in the hierarchy, lies, lies and more lies, always.

it's worked for centuries, and the cirminals keep on ruling.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
post removed by staff

While all this "lets hang em for their crimes" is warming my heart it makes me wonder exactly how you, or ATS members will make an "example" out of them?
Posting all the facts here won't have congress quoting ATS Posts and Replies.
How do you propose this site and its users to arrest her, put her on trial while providing all the evidence?

I'd like to see that. Would be interesting to say the very least.

Let the corrupt people do an investigation on themselves and watch them vindicated. You will need to do more then talk.
edit on Tue Nov 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
They have to make money somehow. the can't live off of $135,000 a year.

WTF? Have they never heard of ramen noodles? If it's good enough for ME, it's good enough for THEM!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

at the same time that violence makes us realize we live in a police state and it is time for a revolution. Which means killing those who you think are "staging" OWS.

And leave the collectivists LEADERLESS for real?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I would be surprised if many of them had ever eaten ramen noodles... they're never sure what type of wine to serve with it

Ramen rocks

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68
Hate to burst your bubble, but insider trading is perfectly legal for these crooks.
Yep. They passed laws allowing them to bhe free from any prosecution over insider trading.
I have been saying this ever since I joined here.
They can be ethically "charged", but that is not a crime, and they get nothing more than a stern "talking to".

This is all political smoke.
Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING will be done .

See, IMO this is one of those times that illegal "laws" should be ignored, and action taken to enforce the legal ones.

Politicians, as "the keepers of the keys", should have MORE restrictions on them than the general population, not fewer.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

I would be surprised if many of them had ever eaten ramen noodles... they're never sure what type of wine to serve with it

Ramen rocks

the finest of Lambruscos of course.

recommended by most assorted rapid transit employees nationwide.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

Ramen rocks

Hey, they can make laws creatively, they ought to be able to be creative with ramen, too! Gimme a couple packs of ramen, a can of chili, and a bag of shredded cheese, and I can eat like a king for 3 days!

If I can do it, they ought to be able to - otherwise I need THEIR job, and they need to be permanently unemployed!

As a plus, I don't have to engage in insider trading to procure my ramens...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
They have to make money somehow. the can't live off of $135,000 a year.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Precisely! If the homeless folks around here can get that sort of thing on their meager incomes, I KNOW a politician can swing it on less than 135k a year, let alone be forced to engage in insider trading just to survive!

edit on 2011/11/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511
i could see the parade of lying face on tv saying "we are at war" or "weapons of mass destruction".

on cue the drama queens in DC, London, etc will drown all of reality with their lies, repeated until the stupids all believe.

political scoundrels, their religious allies and others who have sold their soul for a paycheck and a position in the hierarchy, lies, lies and more lies, always.

it's worked for centuries, and the cirminals keep on ruling.

So what happens when everyone looks at them and says " no, 'we' are not at war, YOU are at war... and it looks like you're trying to pick another war with your own people... are you sure that's what you wanna do?"

It helps to rack the slide on a 12 gauge to underscore that point as you deliver it...

Then you ask them rather pointedly "Do you want to take a moment to reconsider this 'one set of laws for us and a different set for you' mindset?"

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is past time to fire everybody on Capitol Hill and replace them with people who have a working knowledge of what this country and her people are going through.

If the "pollutitians" haven't committed High Treason then there is no such concept.
edit on 11/14/2011 by cinder because: reworded

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here I'm going to sound like the late Andy Rooney:
"You ever notice how Nancy Pelosi always karate chopping with her hands as she speaks" ! I picked that up watching 60 minutes last night.. The girl gotta be careful, she going to poke her eye out one day !!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ahhhh...Ramen. I call them "Noodle Rama" and my kids call them "Roman Numerals"

Maybe it's time for an ATS Poll??? Let ATS take a stand on behalf of its users. Put out a petition. Surely we can get the minimum numbers required by the WH.

We can't let this story die, or for the MSM/PTB wash it away with some other distraction.

Let's keep our foot on the back of their necks!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
UPDATE:

BigGovernment.com's Mike Flynn asks a good question:

How did Pelosi get in on the HOT Visa IPO?
biggovernment.com...

As for the comment above about us 'wanting to hang them all'. I never said that, I just want to know the truth. No, they are not all guilty of doing this, some members put their investment monies in blind trusts to avoid this type of behavior. Another tried to get it stopped with the STOCK Act... I simply just want to figure out how deep the rabbit hole goes, I dont, nor ever expected them to be quoting this site - what a joke. I just want to share information with people, whats wrong with that?

Here is a HuffPost piece trying to whitewash the scandal.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

YOU KNOW ITS BAD, when even the most progressive, liberal commentators on their site are raging (read their comments and judge for yourself as there are tons). Hopefully more people will wake up.
edit on 14-11-2011 by YoungBloodNews because: Grammar error

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

While all this "lets hang em for their crimes" is warming my heart it makes me wonder exactly how you, or ATS members will make an "example" out of them?
Posting all the facts here won't have congress quoting ATS Posts and Replies.
How do you propose this site and its users to arrest her, put her on trial while providing all the evidence?

I'd like to see that. Would be interesting to say the very least.

Let the corrupt people do an investigation on themselves and watch them vindicated. You will need to do more then talk.

I am 1000% confident that OWS will eventually turn into violent revolution and people like her will be killed. As accordance with the TOC I am not inciting violence nor I am saying I will be the one to do it. I am just making a prediction.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

at the same time that violence makes us realize we live in a police state and it is time for a revolution. Which means killing those who you think are "staging" OWS.

And leave the collectivists LEADERLESS for real?

We are not collectivists

On the live feed in Oakland last night they were reciting the Constitution over bullhorns.

I just support the constitution as well as the penalty for treason. I want my constitutional republic back, that's all. Back on topic...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Who is shocked?

Pelosi gets a lot of MONEY from stocks invested in companies that make money selling weapons or contracting for war.

She can only SAFELY do this, however, if she switches parties and becomes a Republican. THEN it would be patriotic.

>> Pelosi took "impeachment off the table" in regards to George Bush. When the guy's family is swimming in greed and corruption, and he gets stooges to plant phony evidence to support two wars for his corporate sponsors -- should anyone be SHOCKED that someone who supported Bush turns out to be a crook?

What I don't like, is the Partisan nature of this; it's as if Republicans woke up and said; "Hey, some of these Politicians with a "D" after their name, are getting kick backs from crooks." And the Republicans getting MOST of their campaign money from large corporations, having the US Chamber of Commerce fund anti-union pro-outsourcing politicos, and of course not allowing the NEW PRESIDENT to appoint Federal Prosecutors and THEN blaming him for the rampant corruption? Is this something I'm supposed to respect?

>> If you want to throw Pelosi down a bottomless pit -- just make sure she lands on Dick Cheney, Abramoff, Rumsfeld, Bush, and Karl Rove to give her something to land on. Both Democrats and Republicans, could throw ONE of their own down the pit -- as long as they both did it, I'd be OK with the process.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join