It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nov 12th CBS Debate's Live Stream Poll Broke - Not Surprisingly, Here's Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

And the same thing could be said for the other...."chosen" candidate as well.
But we will vote on some November day and that will all be on the up and up right?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ninurta

It is not re-voting.
Every time you click on a candidate it just refreshes the results.
This is the web, open 24/7, folks are always going somewhere.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I just voted and Mr Paul's vote count is up to 40,827 and his closest competition is Cain with only 21,337.
If Ron doesnt get the nomination he deserves and he doesn't run Indy, then we will have to write him in.
It still amazes me how this system is said to be democratic but our "choices" are already chosen for us. The only thing we get to "choose" is whether we want to be punched or kicked repeatedly.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by Sek82

Ron Paul supporters due smash polls by using proxies, I am sure that poll could provide evidence as such too.

Is is that hard to believe his supporters are so adamant they wouldn't flood a poll for him?

Ron Paul supporters don't use proxies, we have integrity. Don't make that claim without proof.

Paul votes have been going up in a consistent fasion. Cain's votes went up from 2,000 to 20,000 in a matter of hours after many hours of inactivity. I bet money he is using proxies...
edit on 14-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No, actually it's not just refrshing the vote count. I can literally sit there and click on any candidate I choose, as many times as I choose and it will count every single one of my votes. But don't take my word for it, just try it for yourself. I just voted for every candidate 20 times, just to be sure, and it counted all of my votes. There is definitely something up with this poll, as I have never seen any other polls that allow this.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ninurta

Cool story Bro!
And even after voting 20 times for every candidate, you never noticed all of the other numers going up too?
Or that the number would go up by 2 or 3?
Tell tales somewhere else please.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You seem to be implying that what I am saying isn't true. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue with me about, as you and everyone else in the world can easliy verify what I am saying. And my only point was to show that there was something odd with this poll, as I didn't think that being able to vote more than once was typical in any poll. I'm curious as to why they would set up a poll like that. And as I asked in my initial post, do you think that they did it just so that they would have an excuse to discount the poll if they didn't like the results? If you weren't able to vote more than once in the original poll and then they took it down and replaced it with a new poll, and suddenly you are able to vote as many times as you want, doesn't it seem like a sorry excuse for trying to discount the original poll that Ron Paul so clearly won?

I'm not sure what tale you think I'm trying to tell here, but I'm just pointing out an oddity in the poll, that anyone can verify, and trying to figure out what reasons there might be for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninurta
reply to post by g146541

It appears to me you can change your vote, but not vote more than once. The poll is hosted by some company that does polls professionally, I don't think they would set it up so people could vote more than once.
edit on 14-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

When I go to the poll and click on a candidate, all of the candidates vote totals appear and the thumbs up under the candidate that I voted for is highlighted. If I continue to click on the thumbs up, the vote count will rise by 1 vote every time that I click on it. I can then go to another candidate and do the exact same thing. It's not random, as if it was other people voting at the same time. It is directly responding to my mouse clicks and permanently adding as many votes as I choose.

I have never seen any other poll that would allow this, and can't think of any good reason why this one would be any different, but that doesn't change the fact that in this particular poll, anybody who wants to, can vote as often as they want.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninurta
reply to post by CREAM

When I go to the poll and click on a candidate, all of the candidates vote totals appear and the thumbs up under the candidate that I voted for is highlighted. If I continue to click on the thumbs up, the vote count will rise by 1 vote every time that I click on it. I can then go to another candidate and do the exact same thing. It's not random, as if it was other people voting at the same time. It is directly responding to my mouse clicks and permanently adding as many votes as I choose.

I have never seen any other poll that would allow this, and can't think of any good reason why this one would be any different, but that doesn't change the fact that in this particular poll, anybody who wants to, can vote as often as they want.

Nope, I have to politely say sorry your wrong. When you vote for another person, it just changes your vote and subtracts 1 from the person you previously chose. I just confirmed it. Keep in mind it also updates any new votes, so it may appear that you can vote for more than one, but try again...

In other news

ROMNEY Just magically gained 20,000 votes

Lets not forget what the poll looked like last night....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

While I appreciate you being polite about it, No I am not wrong. I can absolutely vote for any candidate that I choose, as many times as I choose. And since I doubt that I have some kind of special computer that only allows me to do this, I am certain that you and every other member of this board can do this too. If you click a candidate, after the vote totals appear, you can continue to click on that candidate and the votes will rise as your clicking. I guarantee you that I can increase any candidates vote total by at least 500 votes in less than 5 minutes (even Rick Santorum who only has 1441 votes). That's probably how Romney miraculously gained those 20,000 votes. I'm not making this up. Try it for yourself. Just continue to click directly on the thumbs up icon, anywhere else and it won't work. I'm really not trying to be argumentative here, but I know I can do it, and I'm sure anyone else can too.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ninurta

Hmm, using Firefox here, every time I click on Ron Paul it updates his current count it seems. It's not my click that is raising the count though, my click is just refreshing the status of the poll - Which continues to steadily climb. The same results are found if I just hit F5 and refresh the page though, the votes steadily rise whether I hit F5 or click.

Maybe you're just a master hax0r and didn't even know it?

By the way, today a CNN/ORC (pdf) poll is being touted about by the media today if anyone wants to have a look. It appears that the sample size used in today's poll was quite small, numbering around a thousand people who were (I am sure "randomly") telephoned.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Well if you click 100 times on Rick Santorum, I guarantee his vote count will go up by 100. and there's no way that he's getting 100 votes in the 30 seconds it takes to do this.

And just looking at the first few pages of the link you gave, a couple of things jump out at me. First, I'm surprised by the favorability rating of Gingrich, although according to the poll it was even higher a year or two ago. I don't know if he can become a serious contender or not, but you gotta love him in the debates, at least.

But the thing that concerns me about this poll, being a Ron paul supporter, is that, as his recognition rises, so does his unfavorable rating while his favorable rating stays about the same. While 7% more people now know who he is than did in the April poll, his unfavorable rating increased by the same amount. This shows me that the media is doing a good job of turning the public against him.

I don't know how most online polls work, although I have voted in quite a few of them, I've never tried to cheat the poll. All I know, is that for this particular poll, I am able to vote as many times as I want and each vote will be counted. Hell, just for kicks, I might go vote 25,000 times for Bachman, just to see what the media says when she wins another poll.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Either way, whether I am right or wrong, good or bad, triangular or purple, Ronny seems to be the favorite.
That is all we have to keep in mind when we count our votes vs how many people are in our districts.
If there is something fishy, AGAIN we might want to consider a revolt.
As we will then know that the system is not legit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join