It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange objects on Radar/update mystery solved

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Could be some type of radar echo anomaly...??

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
could there have been more objects that we did not/ could not see at that moment in time I wonder ?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Water Vapor/other particles floating around. This happens all the time. There are a ton of links to weird radar images.
That sounds like pure guesswork. Just because it happens a lot that does not mean this isn't anomalous.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
www.stormpulse.com...

On Stormpulse I only see 2 coming off the
central California coast.

I have been watching weather radar
for years, every day, several times a
day and have never seen this. Maybe
my timing wasn't right

edit on 13-11-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fryaga
reply to post by sickofitall2012

That's odd.

I checked your link, and noticed what appeared to be several streaks going across the radar - maybe meteors or some such.

The odd part is that since signing in and checking the link again, that particular loop is no longer playing.

Anyone else see the link before the change other than the OP?

The "streaks" are caused by when the intentionally slow AGC (automatic gain control) on the RCVR front end gets splattered by the Suns radiation during both sunrise and sunset. I used to teach radar fundamentals for the FedGov.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Link in my previous post.

d.) Sunrise/Sunset Spikes:
In this section we will discuss sunrise and sunset spikes detected by the WSR-88D radar network. These spikes occur twice a day, once at sunrise and again at sunset. The radar experiences interference from the energy emitted by the sun, especially during sunrise and sunsets when the radar dish points directly at the sun.

Figure 10 is a northeast composite radar mosaic, which clearly shows several sunset spikes. Notice in the image that the sunset is slightly north of due west, because of the August 17th date, meanwhile in wintertime the sun spikes will set slightly south of due west. On the fall and spring equinox the sun will set due west.

Sorry but there is nothing out of the ordinary

edit on 13-11-2011 by CaptObvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Thank you - always comforting to
have an expert.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
Weird. For future reference what is a good firefox plug to capture radar loops? Video downloader doesn't seem to like the loops.
That is a flash object so you need to capture that. You can either find it in your temporary internet files (cache) or find a decent firefox add-on.

Not sure how good this is.... www.sothinkmedia.com...

I'm guessing ATS don't allow us to post flash objects apart from You Tube and Google Videos.
edit on 13/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptObvious

I think you're right. Man I feel better. Thank you for finding that. I'm just so surprised that after all these years, I never saw that before. Learn something new everyday!!!
Thanks again!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I know, right? Funny after following radar for more than 20 years, never saw that.
That's why I came to my ATS peeps, you guys always come through. Good work, as always.

Thanks everyone.
Mystery solved.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
ah, ok, I see the streaks now.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
By the time I recorded and uploaded a video you guys have solved it lol
Anyway, the only streaks I saw were 2 around St. Louis and one below it then I went to intellicast to visually compare. Sorry for the unprofessional vid. but I just wanted to get a quick recording!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join