It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this "duty" to Isreal people talk about.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Could someone please tell me why we have this so called "duty" to Isreal. I read it in another post and have heard it in other places. I think that it isn utterly ridiclous(sp) thing to say. Just so I am not considered anti-sematic, I am jewish and do respect the religion. I respect it enough to listen to G_D when he exiled the Jews from Isreal. Well he never told us to go back. But anyway, what is this "duty" everyone talks about. They never did anything for us, oh wait they did sink one of our battleships in the 60's. I think they were trying out one of the new fighter jets we gave to them.
using the runway they built with some of the 4 billion a year in aid we give them.

We owe NOTHING to Isreal. The true jews with the right to that land were living in Iraq anyway. The current Isreal is filled with western jews.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We were just discussing a similar topic in another thread. (Click here to view)

I would recommend that you do some reading and studying on this matter. A good place to start is aboutbibleprophecy.com. The actual link I gave you is a page devoted to scriptures speaking of Israel's restoration. If you have the interest, then read, read, read. It's presented very well, and you can even search through prophecies by topic. What I like about this site is the way that they discuss each scripture and show evidence of it's fulfillment.

Hosea 3:4-5
For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to his blessings in the last days.

The phrase, "David their king," is often understood to refer the promised Messiah, who the prophets had said would be a descendant of King David).

I believe that many in the U.S. that are Christians want to see Israel restored for this very reason. They want to see the kingdom of the promised Messiah, whom they (and I myself) believe to be Jesus. Seeing the Jews return to their land is exciting since as the scripture above metions, this will happen in the "last days".

Are you sick of our lying, double-crossing leaders? Do you want something better? Support the return of the Jews and the Kingdom of the Messiah. *Sorry I got carried away*

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Mathers like this can not really be taken care of in the light of the bible. The bible is a book, written a long time ago, nobody knows if its true so to give the jews a country were other people are living and jus get rid of the original inhabitant is mad wrong. Like killin al the indians and take their country...like, like....the duty is that the USA after the war 'gave' this country to the jews, but didnt think the original inhabitant would like to keep it to themselfs, but thay cant kill em al like they did with the indians in these days so they have the duty to help the jews defending it. Its always hard to say that u made a mistake in the first place, specially for the USA..

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Look at this site. It's got a search for what each state does in dealing with Israel economically.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't know how much you have studied this topic, but there are many more books aside from the Bible that support the fact that the land that is called Israel has historically been the home of the Jews. The current Palestinian refugee situation is sustained by the surrounding governments in an effort to blame the Jews. Is it really reasonable to believe that hundreds of thousands of refugees would live closely in camps for over 50 years without reason? Egypt, Syria, and Jordan do their best to support this cause.

In recent history the land of Israel was scarcely populated, and you could walk for days and not even see a single person. It was only when the Jews began to return to Israel that the Arab nations cared about it at all. The return Jews caused the creation of jobs, and Arabs migrated there looking for work.

CNN has a section of their website devoted to "The Struggle for Peace" where the "ancient" maps of the Palestine land date all the way back to...1917. Not even 100 years. CBS' "A Struggle For Middle East Peace" dates way back to 1897, NBC's ''Searching for Peace'' stretches back to 1916, and the BBC seems to think that 1948 was when the struggle started. My favorite is the Palestinian National Authority's website in which you can find no information about the history of Palestine before 1900.

I think the best indication of the truth would be from eye-witnesses.

Alphonse de Lamartine, "Recollections of the East", 1835

"Outside the gates of Jerusalem we saw no living object, heard no living sound�."

Mark Twain, "The Innocents Abroad" 1869

"A desolation is here that not even imagination can grace with the pomp of life and action. We reached Tabor safely�. We never saw a human being on the whole journey."

"Perched on its eternal hills, white and domed and solid, massed together and hooped with high gray walls, the venerable city gleamed in the sun. So small! Why, it was no larger than an American village of four thousand inhabitants, and no larger than an ordinary Syrian city of thirty thousand. Jerusalem numbers only fourteen thousand people."

British Consul in Palestine reported in 1857

"The country is in a considerable degree empty of inhabitants and therefore its greatest need is that of a body of population�"

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I never thought about it in any way that made Israel special; the U.S. has a duty to help and protect all its allies, and Israel is just one of many countries on that list (along with most of the countries in Europe, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia & New Zealand, etc.)...

The question is, do those countries feel the same way about the U.S.? I suppose the closest to answer there is to this was our allies' reaction after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I believe that many in the U.S. that are Christians want to see Israel restored for this very reason. They want to see the kingdom of the promised Messiah, whom they (and I myself) believe to be Jesus. Seeing the Jews return to their land is exciting since as the scripture above metions, this will happen in the "last days".

I hate to break it to you, but, according to the new testament, the promised Messiah of the restored Israel will be the Antichrist. So, are you waiting for the Antichrist to come and to worship? then you are no true christian, because the true Messiah arrived 2000 years ago!

The new testament says that 'Israel was the chosen people of God', but 'they have fallen from that position due to their benevolent acts and immoral ways of living. At the time that the state of Israel will be restored, a false Messiah will become their ruler...they will believe him as the Messiah they awaited for for so many centuries; they will think it is the Messiah of the Bible, the one promised by God. But it will be a deceiver, a lier, a serpent, Satan himself, the Antichrist, disguised as the Messiah Israel awaits for'.

If this is the Messiah you expect, then you are punished from straying away from the path of God!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i'd hate to break it to you but the coming messiah or the second coming (according to christianity) happens to be Jesus Christ and not the antichrist, if you read the bible the antichrist is antisemitic, and anti Isreal. Even I (i happen to be Catholic) feel the need to support and fight for Israel. In the bible (new testament) the chosen who would saved from the antichrist all happen to be jews from Israel. so you are blatanly wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well it seems the "duty" to Israel, as people tried to argue in these posts, comes from it being the future platform of the Messiah ben El. This is wrong.

The US is not supposed to be the engine of the world religion. The church and state are separated. Constitution is the law of the land and not the Bible. Buddhists, Muslims and pagans (Native Americans) also live in the US and they couldn't care less about the various prophesies of the Judaeo-Messianic sort.

Anything else is a violation of law, and that includes the "duty" to Israel. It's a simple legal matter.

Cut Israel off already.

new topics

top topics

join