It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Earth Nearly Died

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What a brilliant thread kdog, well the people that run this world know what's going to happen don't worry about that and it's predicted that the world will be covered again in water just like the flood of Noah, and NASA has said that in 2013 there is going to be a huge solar flare that will frazzel the earth so perhaps this will dry up the world yet again and hence the huge seed bank that has been created to plant again this is probably why they have built the underground cities to get away from the water until it dries up.

Enstien said that after ww3 the next war will be fought with bow and arrows so I guess he could be right he also said about the bees disappearing funny that they have and there will be a great famine, I'm afraid the world will become uninhabitable, but I don't believe it will be the end of the human race I do think that something will intervene and save the human race after all what or whoever it was put us here in the first place.

Strange thing this re-cycling of the earth as I watched a video of a guy who told the story of a piece of coal that broke open and out of it dropped a genuine gold rolex style ring watch on the back of it it said SWISS, now this peice of coal was 400 million years old so Switzerland wasn't even around then so perhaps we keep rebuilding our world over and over again hence the dreams we have regarding our past lives and the premonition dreams that we have too regarding the future, so it's all looking good in my estimastion we'll see, there is no doubt about it we are living in the most fascinating times but then again perhaps we've done it before and this time round is what we've already done, just my own bleliefs that's all.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetxIsComing

What a brilliant thread kdog, well the people that run this world know what's going to happen don't worry about that and it's predicted that the world will be covered again in water just like the flood of Noah,

Howdy PlanetxlsComing

Well who is it that runs this world, I ask ask as many people on ATS claims that but it usually a different group, so which group to you say it is? Noah's flood is myth no such biblical world drowning event occurred, there have been lots of smaller floods in the world however.

and NASA has said that in 2013 there is going to be a huge solar flare that will frazzel the earth

No they didn't

Enstien said that after ww3 the next war will be fought with bow and arrows so I guess he could be right he also said about the bees disappearing funny

Yes he said something like that about WWIII but he didn't say that about bees, it appears to be made up

What he said about WWIII

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

that they have and there will be a great famine, I'm afraid the world will become uninhabitable, but I don't believe it will be the end of the human race I do think that something will intervene and save the human race after all what or whoever it was put us here in the first place.

Yep at some point that will happen

Strange thing this re-cycling of the earth as I watched a video of a guy who told the story of a piece of coal that broke open and out of it dropped a genuine gold rolex style ring watch on the back of it it said SWISS, now this peice of coal was 400 million years old so Switzerland wasn't even around then so perhaps we keep rebuilding our world over and over again hence the dreams we have regarding our past lives and the premonition dreams that we have too regarding the future, so it's all looking good in my estimastion we'll see, there is no doubt about it we are living in the most fascinating times but then again perhaps we've done it before and this time round is what we've already done, just my own bleliefs that's all.

...that or he made up the story, perhaps you are remembering the Swiss watch found in a 400 year old Chinese tomb?
edit on 2/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

From what I have read (which of course I cannot recall where) most common grains show evidence of having been domesticated several times in the past. I'm not sure how the experts can tell this; it is probably evident in the DNA.

It is interesting that the Bible has a verse on land masses dividing: Genesis 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons; the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan. These were decendants of Noah, so they were born after the flood.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Why is it every where I search,agriculture started approximately 10,000 years ago?
Was it because there was no earlier evidence?
Or maybe they had to resort to growing their own food out of necessity because of a previous global calamity wiped out all naturally abundant food sources.

Actually, the real answer is that it took that long to develop population centers AND tools.

So around 1 million years ago we're not very sophisticated. We don't wear clothes, we live in warm climates (and die a lot) and we throw rocks at things and scavenge things. When we're not hunting food (almost constantly), we're sleeping or having sex or taking care of children or telling stories or killing off some other bunch because they caught our antelope or killed our kinfolk or look like they could have killed our kinfolk or have funny-looking tattoos or they said something awful about Auntie Murflegrump.

That's the way we roll. We're a cooperative species, but we're awfully territorial.

In order to innovate you need
* leisure time (when you're not simply trying to survive and when there's enough light to see)
* materials (you can't make a copper knife if there's no copper anywhere around)
* trade (idea and material exchange) -- so cultures that throw rocks at other people don't develop as fast
* a settlement (when you travel as a nomad there are certain tools (like a portable forge) that you can't take with you (unless you have domesticated animals and know how to feed and maintain them, learned to make leather -- and then learned to make efficient harnesses, learned to make wheels and carts -- which requires learning which wood to harvest and how to shape it and how to fasten it together so it doesn't fall apart every 3 miles, learned to make wagons, learned what tools are best for forging... and then learned to smith metal.

...in addition to fighting enemies, making sure nobody says anything about Auntie Murfleglub, making sure THOSE people stay off your territory, eating, sleeping, finding mates, finding food, making clothing, going on hunting and gathering trips, and so forth.

In order to make electricity, you have to be able to invent forging and smelting so you can smelt relatively pure metal, invent dies so that you can draw out fine wire, invent buildings to put our generators in (which means inventing architecture and making sure they're safe and adequate), learn which objects are insulators and make insulators that don't catch on fire, find a power source that lasts for more than 3 minutes that you don't have to tend constantly, learn what electricity is, learn how to make a wheel...a very large one, learn how to make a dynamo, learn about magnetism, learn how to make really BIG magnets, learn how to regulate the power so you get a consistent voltage and amperage, learn how to transmit it as far as it needs to go (boosting stations if it travels for many miles, which means you have to learn to make wire cable many miles long plus insulators), make transmitting and receiving stations, find a use for the stuff, learn to manage the thing so that power outages don't occur... and so forth. You also have to invent the alphabet, writing, books, and engineering plans.

Broadcast power requires even MORE technology.

And then you can work on things like making batteries and so on and so forth. We didn't fall out of the trees and find a teacher with a set of encyclopedias and a set of hammers, chisels, and screwdrivers ready to use.

Think of the Bushmen... in that 10,000 year period, THEY never developed any sophisticated tools until others came across them and they began trade with a more modern world.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetxIsComing

Thanks PXIC( Planetxiscoming).

It's been awhile since this thread,refreshing my memory.

Yes,I do believe that in some point in our future we will do a reset.

Rather it be from the sun,the earth,or by our own hands it is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Actually, the real answer is that it took that long to develop population centers AND tools. So around 1 million years ago we're not very sophisticated. We don't wear clothes, we live in warm climates (and die a lot) and we throw rocks at things and scavenge things. When we're not hunting food (almost constantly), we're sleeping or having sex or taking care of children or telling stories or killing off some other bunch because they caught our antelope or killed our kinfolk or look like they could have killed our kinfolk or have funny-looking tattoos or they said something awful about Auntie Murflegrump.

Hey Bird,it's been awhile.

So,maybe not ready to become a civilization when our current species became "us",immediately or even after a few hundred thousand years,but I do believe we developed technology and the understanding of how our universe works.
All it would take is small groups or tribes connecting with other small groups or tribes,but not necessarily forming a town or city.

So when a natural disaster occurs,such as rapid rises in the sealevels,,major earthquakes,volcanoes,changes in a human friendly environment,knowledge would be lost.
As the evidence of it would be lost.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I think it was then as it is NOW... as in they had computers and electricity, cell phones, and FREE power.. Tesla coils, power stations per pyramids , spaceships, cars, I believe the bible only as a history book and it says " as in the days of Noah so shall it be in the end time" I do not believe that it means that everyone / thing is evil. not that it is getting bad.. but that we are just repeating what happened back then,, be it Nibiru, planet X returning, a pole shift.. but something. and it will start our history all over again .. Just like the last TIMES..

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

But how do you explain the complete lack of evidence for such civilizations? We know from looking at the ones we found that a civilization leaves a massive archaeological footprint - and in other areas too

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Interesting theory.
I don't think the technology is lost. I think a lot has been destroyed and the few pieces that have survived are being kept from the public.
One day all will be revealed, maybe not in our lifetimes though

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

One thing to remember is that stuff decomposes over time. Also a lot of the ground that was around 15,000 years and older is under water now. What is an Ipod going to look like in 10,000 years after being tossed in a land fill? Cars? Buildings even. High technology is simply not going to last very long out in the elements. And that's assuming that the technology of the Ancients was similar in use and functions like today's. Their technology may not even be recognizable.

The place to look for an ancient civilization? The Moon and Mars. If humans had advanced far enough for spaceflight then they should have left evidence up there. Bases and colonies and so forth. It would be funny if one of the Mars rovers came across the equivalent of a 100,000 year old Coke bottle or pop can up there.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

One thing to remember is that stuff decomposes over time. Also a lot of the ground that was around 15,000 years and older is under water now. What is an Ipod going to look like in 10,000 years after being tossed in a land fill? Cars? Buildings even. High technology is simply not going to last very long out in the elements. And that's assuming that the technology of the Ancients was similar in use and functions like today's. Their technology may not even be recognizable.

Nope lots of stuff survives for tens of millions of years, stone, class, ceramic, tunnels bored thru granite, cut gems, gold objects, not to mention wood, we have wooden objects going back hundreds of thousands of years. If you disturb the soil it may retain that disturbance until it is subducted

An Ipod discarded will retain its plastic, silicon and gold points quite well for tens of thousands of years. You are also forgetting that to get to high tech you have to go thru the intermedaite steps, ie stone tools, which last essentially forever

We have caves with stratagraphy going back hundreds of thousands of year - no high tech, no recycling

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Perhaps some stuff did survive.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Nope all debunked decades ago....civiizations leave massive habitation levels, hundreds if not thousands of them, millions and millions of easily identified artifacts, the civilizations also distort the environment which shows up in sediments and fossil pollen......civilization x has left...nothing.

However if you wish take a look at the ooparts, find one, research it, and come back with a counter to its debunk and we'd be glad to discuss it. I would suggest you keep in mind the concepts of:

Possible, plausible and probable
edit on 3/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
good thread....

i believe we have been lied to our entire lives about the true history of humanity and the true history of this planet. so much geological evidence around that contradicts the history we have been told. historians stick to thier timeline like flies on fly paper. why? control? power? dont want to scare humanity? imagine if we had grown up knowing that humanity had come and gone a couple of times..that great 'occurances' have happen in our galaxy? would we be fearfull? would we have risen up to a higher level of knowledge?

another interesting book on the subject......

why is the mainstream so afraid of the truth?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Because the people are.Nice little flock going about they're business.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here are some more links pointing towards some "event" that caused major change.

Comet May Have Exploded Over Canada 12,900 Years Ago After All

ScienceDaily (Sep. 18, 2012) — Did a massive comet explode over Canada 12,900 years ago, wiping out both beast and man in North America and propelling Earth back into an ice age? Share This: See Also: Space & Time Asteroids, Comets and Meteors Astronomy Earth & Climate Ice Ages Near-Earth Object Impacts Fossils & Ruins Ancient Civilizations Early Climate Reference Excavation Archaeological field survey Meteorite Temperature record That's a question that has been hotly debated by scientists since 2007, with the University of South Carolina's Topper archaeological site right in the middle of the comet impact controversy. However, a new study published Sept.17 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) provides further evidence that it may not be such a far-fetched notion. USC archaeologist Albert Goodyear is a co-author on the study that upholds a 2007 PNAS study by Richard Firestone, a staff scientist at the Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Younger-Dryas is what scientists refer to as the period of extreme cooling that began around 12,900 years ago and lasted 1,300 years. While that brief Ice age has been well-documented – occurring during a period of progressive solar warming after the last Ice age – the reasons for it have long remained unclear. Dr Firestone’s team presented a provocative theory: that a major impact event – perhaps a comet – was the catalyst. His copious sampling and detailed analysis of sediments at a layer in the earth dated to 12,900 years ago, also called the Younger-Dryas Boundary (YDB), provided evidence of micro-particles, such as iron, silica, iridium and nano-diamonds. The particles are believed to be consistent with a massive impact that could have killed off the Clovis people and the large North American animals of the day. Thirty-six species, including the mastodon, mammoth and saber-toothed tiger, went extinct.

www.sci-news.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
good thread....

i believe we have been lied to our entire lives about the true history of humanity and the true history of this planet. so much geological evidence around that contradicts the history we have been told. historians stick to thier timeline like flies on fly paper. why? control? power? dont want to scare humanity? imagine if we had grown up knowing that humanity had come and gone a couple of times..that great 'occurances' have happen in our galaxy? would we be fearfull? would we have risen up to a higher level of knowledge?

another interesting book on the subject......

Why do you believe that a vast multi-generational conspiracy involving tens of millions people - who all cooperate with out friction, is able or would want to do this?

Rather unbelievable, at the present time the 'mainstream' holds that there were not earlier cycles - why do they believe that? A complete lack of evidence for such cycles.

If you want people to believe in your strongly held convention, find evidence, don't whine about them not believing it, lol

The timelines do change but not in the way you would like
edit on 4/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yep and we can find extensive evidence of such a strike and its effect (which is still under debate) , no civilization 'x' found.

Nature can deliver actions that would destroy a civilization, the problem is there has to be a civilization there to be destroy edand even if destroyed it would leave traces, massive traces. Unless you have an isolated, small civilization that can be wiped out by one event followed by a geological action that would put it out of the way. But I believe you are talking about a world wide civilization repeated over and over again in a recent time frame, so how many repetition of civilization in the pleistocene?

Here is an action you can do. Go to the location of any of the known civilizations, walk around a bit - what do you think you would notice? Pretty much everywhere you went would be ruins, pottery sherds, stone tools, inscriptions and disturbances of the soil - that there had been somebody there is pretty obvious. If you were to go to say, AE, and wipe (magically) the entire Nile valley and Delta clean of all known artifacts to a depth of say 5 meters- you would still be able to find, masses of evidence for the AE civilization - by simply digging.....
edit on 4/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

replies like that always make me chuckle...why do i need to provide proof? all one has to do is pick up some books and read...yes, i said books...for every 2 paragraph quotes people find on the web, there are multitude of books and research papers, geological studies about occurances on earth that seem to suggest that 'things' have happened that dont fit into the conventional histories.

i, like most others. have grown up knowing and reading and being taught about 'conventional history'. but as knowledge and technology have progressed, they have been able to look deeper into earths past and gain better understanding of geological processes and cosmic events...understanding things that were not understood when the original therioes came about..ie, earth not being flat, the sun not revolving around the earth, that there were massive glaciers around that are not there any more, that coastal lines are not the same any more, that massive areas of land once above water are now submerged ect ect ect. not all info is found on the 'web'..sometimes one has to pick up those old things called books..hundreds and hundreds of pages of reading..hours and hours of time spent reading..not all evidence can be explained in a convenient paragragh or two in a few seconds of reading. explore the well researched alternative theories.........

i dont propose that i know what has actually happened..but i do know that some geological evidence condridicts convential history. and if we were to be truthfull about history, it would increase what we know about history and we would have to change our understanding of history........and apparently that is too disturbing for some to admit. much land that was above water is now underwater...cant really walk around and find pottery..metals will eventually rust to nothing..that said evidence has been found underneath the waves that point to civilizations now buried under ocean silt and water....what else lies beneath the seas?

if one wants to be well rounded in knowledge, one must seek both sides, one must not be afraid to have ones beliefes challenged and possibly changed..there is no shame in that...i have had many of my preconcieved notions changed because i looked at the other side of things...and those things came from my own study..not some one telling me what to believe or telling me that i am wrong.

the evidence IS there for ALL to study and make up ones own mind.. but first...the hardest step must be taken, and that is to challenge one self, ones own beliefs. that does not mean you will change....it just means that you will become more knowledgeable...maybe more stead fast in your beliefs...maybe not........

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind

replies like that always make me chuckle...why do i need to provide proof?

It called an exchange of information, its something that is done in science - now unless your belief is purely religious in nature, then no evidence is needed

all one has to do is pick up some books and read...yes, i said books...for every 2 paragraph quotes people find on the web, there are multitude of books and research papers, geological studies about occurances on earth that seem to suggest that 'things' have happened that dont fit into the conventional histories.

Example of these things that don't fit? I would suggest you continue to actually read books

i, like most others. have grown up knowing and reading and being taught about 'conventional history'. but as knowledge and technology have progressed, they have been able to look deeper into earths past and gain better understanding of geological processes and cosmic events...understanding things that were not understood when the original therioes came about..ie, earth not being flat, the sun not revolving around the earth, that there were massive glaciers around that are not there any more, that coastal lines are not the same any more, that massive areas of land once above water are now submerged ect ect ect. not all info is found on the 'web'..sometimes one has to pick up those old things called books..hundreds and hundreds of pages of reading..hours and hours of time spent reading..not all evidence can be explained in a convenient paragragh or two in a few seconds of reading. explore the well researched alternative theories.........

Then take the time and produce a longer document.....your personal opinion is nice but meaningless, as is mine, its evidence that's important, got any?

i dont propose that i know what has actually happened..but i do know that some geological evidence condridicts convential history.

Such as??

and if we were to be truthfull about history, it would increase what we know about history and we would have to change our understanding of history........and apparently that is too disturbing for some to admit.

Like what?

much land that was above water is now underwater...cant really walk around and find pottery..metals will eventually rust to nothing..that said evidence has been found underneath the waves that point to civilizations now buried under ocean silt and water....what else lies beneath the seas?

Ah you don't know how archaeology works I see, and not all land has gone under water, some has risen even, so what evidence is this you are speaking of?

if one wants to be well rounded in knowledge, one must seek both sides, one must not be afraid to have ones beliefes challenged and possibly changed..there is no shame in that...i have had many of my preconcieved notions changed because i looked at the other side of things...and those things came from my own study..not some one telling me what to believe or telling me that i am wrong.

Then why are you constantly denigrating the 'other side'? You keep saying they are wrong, they are afraid, but provide no evidence to support these emotional comments?

the evidence IS there for ALL to study and make up ones own mind.. but first...the hardest step must be taken, and that is to challenge one self, ones own beliefs. that does not mean you will change....it just means that you will become more knowledgeable...maybe more stead fast in your beliefs...maybe not........

I'll take for you saying I don't have any evidence. You are using the old and very tired, "open your mind" speech, long used by those without evidence for what they believe I've seen versions of this for 50+ years

What you are really saying, 'I've denied the mainstream, look at how smart I am'......you're not, open your mind to real facts...so got any evidence to back up those ooparts, my challenge still stands

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join