It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s a Time Warp in my Shower

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I totally agree. And I could see the possibility of this if a rouge wormhole was present, or even a time displacement phenomenon. But I find it difficult to believe the human mind has influence over one of the most mysterious, fundamental, and complicated force in the cosmos. I see it sort of like willing gravity to dissapear. It's just not going to happen. But speeding/slowing time sounds an awful lot like time dilation as apprised to time "warp".

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
[Makes me wonder what they were researching. I could see how someone would want to develop a drug such as this, although I'm not sure the acting dead/crazy thing would really lend it to be particularly useful. Personally I think I'll stick to tried and true vices

A 5 minute track lasting an hour...... just purely out of interest did the music sound all deep and slowed down like when you play a song on a dodgy tape player, or was it something else?

p.s If you want to perceive time as going slower look at your watch every five minutes or so and the days will take forever

Well it definitely works when i'm at work lol
edit on 14/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

the music playing in the background was heard at normal speed, we were in the flat what seemed like days and when we went out only 6 hours had past since we went in! also we wernt acting dead or crazy, that is just how we felt, i suppose its the only way our minds could rationalize what was going on! another interesting thing about this morning was the fact that my two sober friends also claimed that those six hours had seemed like much longer!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zigmeister

I totally agree. And I could see the possibility of this if a rouge wormhole was present, or even a time displacement phenomenon. But I find it difficult to believe the human mind has influence over one of the most mysterious, fundamental, and complicated force in the cosmos. I see it sort of like willing gravity to dissapear. It's just not going to happen. But speeding/slowing time sounds an awful lot like time dilation as apprised to time "warp".

Rogue wormholes and time displacement as far as i know (correct me if I'm wrong) are merely just speculative theories to try and explain discrepancies in physicists equations. What has been shown is that the human mind can effect all sorts of things at least at the quantum level. And this is the level that time and space do not behave according to traditional Newtonian physics. I would not say it is a huge leap of logic that the mind's intention can in certain circumstances effect time itself, which is (as has been mentioned many times) is relative to the observer.

Gravity is somewhat different. It is an inherent property of all matter and works the same no matter who's there to observe it.

Now I can tell your kinda a sciencey guy who likes to have clear-cut logic before accepting just any old New Age type bs. But the fact you're here on a metaphysics forum tells me you don't mind operating outside of the box to a certain degree and maybe open to slightly more 'left-field' ways of thinking. Traditional logic will only get you so far in many circumstances as most of the situations which can be worked out using traditional logic (and the tools we have available today) have already been done so.

I have a degree in science myself (not physics though), but was also once a practising pagan. I've since moved on from that, but during that time I saw many things and did many things which could not be explained by coincidence alone, nor by traditional scientic method. To this day I continue to bring into my life many synchronicities merely through thought alone, caused simply by opening my mind up to a particular world view gained back in my younger 'heady' days. This in turn has given me a life which is quite fortunate both in a material and spiritual sense, and is far beyond what I could have imagined even just a few years ago when just starting out in the world.

Now I'm not about to lose any sleep if you don't believe me, but I will say this......

Just because something has been speculated by someone who does not have a bunch of letters after their name, it does not always mean that it's any more valid than than something that has been speculated by someone who has. You simply won't get a maths equation to back it up

And although ultimately things should always come back to logic, sometimes you have to accept that the logic may be a long time coming......
edit on 15/11/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Greetings, thanks for posting this. I have come onto to this glitch in time a few times before. The best one was in Indiana, where I lived for a long time. There is a crossroads, and driving over in a car has no effect whatsoever. But walk across, ride a bicycle, or even a motorcycle over the crossroads, you lose one hour's time, each and every time. We began to notice this after I obtained my HD motorcycle. I would ride to, or from work, and be an hour late every time. Took me a long time to figure it all out. You cannot "feel" anything, when you cross it is quite normal, but that hour is gone forever.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Time is constant, your perception is not. (at least time is constant for all practical purposes for you and I.)

Remember the phrase "time flies when you're having fun?" There's a reason we've all heard it.

Time passes quickly for me in the shower too - especially if it's a "just woke up" shower.
edit on 13-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

So really to the individual person, you can be within "slow" or "faster" time, but time is always what it is because everything already has happened and is.

Time is a part of infinite. Infinite created itself and once it was created, it always existed and so did everything.

( I know i know.....how can it exist if it had to create itself ? ....just onne of those things we still dont' understand ).

But yea so time is and can be experienced in every way that it exists....Slow..super slow....slow motion.. fast...super fast..ect.....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Originally posted by autowrench

Greetings, thanks for posting this. I have come onto to this glitch in time a few times before. The best one was in Indiana, where I lived for a long time. There is a crossroads, and driving over in a car has no effect whatsoever. But walk across, ride a bicycle, or even a motorcycle over the crossroads, you lose one hour's time, each and every time. We began to notice this after I obtained my HD motorcycle. I would ride to, or from work, and be an hour late every time. Took me a long time to figure it all out. You cannot "feel" anything, when you cross it is quite normal, but that hour is gone forever.

Very cool, I've never actually experienced anything this dramatic before. But I know what you say about not feeling any different.

And who knows, do it enough times and you might even gain a few extra days in this lifetime.....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I played around a little bit with this, and with the most mundane of aims: to cut a few minutes off a bike commute.

I left @ 1:45. It takes me a half hour to bike to my destination, and I was due there at 2:00. AS I rode, I imagined myself in a discrete bubble of time, bobbing along in the linear course. I imagined accelerating my bubble "downstream".

I noticed no perceptible differences in my environment. Cars drove at their regular rates, no spatial stuff, everything normal. But!

I arrived at my destination @ 1:55. I had managed to shave 20 min. off my commute, and was pretty freaked out about that. I hesitate to muck around with time distortion, as I've no idea what I'm doing, nor how I do it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Touché, touché. You're persistent, and that's admirable. I'm really not a "sciency" guy, per se, rather, I just like to check known channels before leaning towards something that science can't explain. I'm not completely devoid of spirituality. I practice Buddhist meditation techniques. I've even attempted spells, to an actual degree of success. And I do know of the influence of the human mind on a quantum level. People can tune their quantum states to an entangled state, and practice quantum telepathy (not very practical, but amazing nonetheless.) Time dilation is very real, and not just a calculational discrepancy, as wormholes may be. I have no letters after my name, rather years of independent research. I wholly agree. Science isn't always the means to explain things. On a scale it attempts to analyze and process nature, but it can't tell us about our own consciousness, or what's after death. It can't tell us the origins of everything, and it never will. Don't get the wrong idea when I try to use science, I'm only trying to rationalize things to myself. And I can sometimes be over analytical. You are right on, when you say that science isn't always the answer.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous

I played around a little bit with this, and with the most mundane of aims: to cut a few minutes off a bike commute.

I left @ 1:45. It takes me a half hour to bike to my destination, and I was due there at 2:00. AS I rode, I imagined myself in a discrete bubble of time, bobbing along in the linear course. I imagined accelerating my bubble "downstream".

I noticed no perceptible differences in my environment. Cars drove at their regular rates, no spatial stuff, everything normal. But!

I arrived at my destination @ 1:55. I had managed to shave 20 min. off my commute, and was pretty freaked out about that. I hesitate to muck around with time distortion, as I've no idea what I'm doing, nor how I do it.

This is the main way I've experimented with it as well. I find it works best simply by taking a note of your leaving time, but (if possible) not being freaked out by the fact that you have to make a 45 minute journey and only 20 minutes to do it. Just take note, and put it to the back of your mind. During the journey itself I avoid looking at clocks altogether, and continue to avoid them until in your mind you've 'arrived' e.g you're sitting at your desk at work or something.

Usually I just arrive on time, but sometimes it will work in different ways. Maybe I'll still be late but everyone else will be later, or I'll get a call from the boss saying, "look, I know you're nearly at work and I should have called you earlier, but could you do such-and-such, on the other side of town near your house." Little does he suspect I've just pulled out of my garage, am really close to the job, and have now effectively gained an extra 40 minutes of 'chill time'...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
And it all seems to be over in like 5 minutes. Yet when I step out guaranteed nearly half an hour minimum seems to have elapsed.

I believe it has to do with the water hitting you in the temporal lobe of your brain (your forehead) and the white noise driving it into an alpha wave state. That's my theory and I will fight for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Touché, touché. You're persistent, and that's admirable. I'm really not a "sciency" guy, per se, rather, I just like to check known channels before leaning towards something that science can't explain. I'm not completely devoid of spirituality. I practice Buddhist meditation techniques. I've even attempted spells, to an actual degree of success. And I do know of the influence of the human mind on a quantum level. People can tune their quantum states to an entangled state, and practice quantum telepathy (not very practical, but amazing nonetheless.) Time dilation is very real, and not just a calculational discrepancy, as wormholes may be. I have no letters after my name, rather years of independent research. I wholly agree. Science isn't always the means to explain things. On a scale it attempts to analyze and process nature, but it can't tell us about our own consciousness, or what's after death. It can't tell us the origins of everything, and it never will. Don't get the wrong idea when I try to use science, I'm only trying to rationalize things to myself. And I can sometimes be over analytical. You are right on, when you say that science isn't always the answer.

Yeah I admit I was wrong about time dilation having just wiki'ed it. And I understand exactly where you're coming from as well when trying to rationalise things with known methods first, for that's exactly me.

In terms of spells and stuff one of the reasons i moved on from being a practising pagan was I felt the whole 'spell' thing was an over-complexification of something that can be achieved simply with a frame of mind espoused in the in the whole 'Law of Attraction' phenomena. I'm sure you've heard of it with 'the Secret' being its worst mass merchandised incarnation, and the best being what was talked about in the epic thread by Skyfloating i linked to earlier in this thread.

I find it quite easy as it sorta require a 'don't give a sh*t' frame of mind' which comes quite naturally to me
, and also seem's to draw parallels with chaos magic. I will say however that nothing hieghtens your energy like a ceremony in the forest on the night of the full moon with a cup and ceremonial dagger and other various ingrediants one would use in spellcraft.....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Ahh chaos magic. Belief is a powerful tool, indeed. I do remember things being overly complicated. In one instance I required tapered candles, with certain runic inscriptions, parchment made from the skin of a calf, a silver bowl, filled with an herb-water mixture, and a mirror that would fit into the bowl and float. Some of these things, I had to drive for an hour to acquire. Not to mention, I had to chant for an hour, and burn each of my fingers. Lol. It worked, though. But I attribute that more to my state of mind, or my belief that it would happen, rather than the ritual itself. The mind can and almost certainly does have influence on its surroundings. But it does, imo, require more than willpower. You need a fundamental understanding o the workings of the mind, and of the environment.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zigmeister

Ahh chaos magic. Belief is a powerful tool, indeed. I do remember things being overly complicated. In one instance I required tapered candles, with certain runic inscriptions, parchment made from the skin of a calf, a silver bowl, filled with an herb-water mixture, and a mirror that would fit into the bowl and float. Some of these things, I had to drive for an hour to acquire. Not to mention, I had to chant for an hour, and burn each of my fingers. Lol. It worked, though. But I attribute that more to my state of mind, or my belief that it would happen, rather than the ritual itself. The mind can and almost certainly does have influence on its surroundings. But it does, imo, require more than willpower. You need a fundamental understanding o the workings of the mind, and of the environment.

I do believe the theatrics involved and effort required to obtain certain ingredients, writing the spell itself, waiting for the correct time (usually full moon, which itself seems to heighten ones spiritual state) and especially when performed by a group or coven, this readily lends itself to the intention of the mind manifesting in reality. It definitely lends itself to a fun night as well.......

I think when this is combined with a Crowleyian 777 type of correspondence system it can be especially effective. This is because you now bring in a 'like attracts like' vibration sort of thing, which is one of the basic theories underlying Law of Attraction as far as I understand it.

I think this is why LoA can be so effective, for it combines 'like attracts like' with the 'cast your spell then don't think about it' state of mind form chaos magic. That and the fact that all that is required is a good imagination and that's about it, so it can be used in any situation......

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join