It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is China Building These Gigantic Structures In the Middle of the Desert?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is obviously an ancient Chinese secret. Dont ask questions

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Those grids were clearly built to be seen from space. As far as the Chinese space program is growing way too faster, the hypothesis of China military getting help from out worldly intelligences can't be dismissed.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Those grids were clearly built to be seen from space. As far as the Chinese space program is growing way too faster, the hypothesis of China military getting help from out worldly intelligences can't be dismissed.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for those lines to be seen from space.

Is it POSSIBLE to see them from inside of Earths atomsphere?

Yes.

But please, don't exaggerate.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Kinda off topic... But look at this in Google Earth. 24º42'47.28"N 55º01'22.44"E
Giant metal things with spiral ramps in the middle of the desert south of Dubai...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If you look closely at the photos you will see that some of the so called roads and structures simply do not fit the topography. A couple of them even look like they are floating above the surface. I am not saying that there are not structures in that area. I am saying that the very very straight lines allegedly crossing over a very uneven surface with hills and valleys will not appear straight even when observed from above.

If these anomalies do appear on google earth then I would suggest there has either been some manipulation of the photos by google or a hacker. Or they could be, giving the benefit of the doubt to all, digital artifacts. As those have appeared in other google earth photos. But my personal opinion is BS.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Spruk

Originally posted by marzabeth
The Chinese have been building cities out in the middle of the desert for a awhile. Most if not all are mostly empty-essentially ghost towns...see story here.

These are likely new cities being built.

Correct, these haev been going on for years, Russia (from what i believe) is doing the same thing. More recently Japan is considering building another ghost city to mirror Tokyo, just in case of a catastrophy, they can just move the population to the mirror city and everything is "back to normal".

I'm assuming China is doing the same thing, along with Russia. Why exactly outside of the "just in case" scenario. I'm not overly sure.

Actually they are building the cities to provide jobs for there people, the workers move to an area to build a massive new city which they build then move on to the next city. They are told the cities are to filled once they complete them with the growing population and new businesses. It's a way to provide jobs and the workers go home and tell there families about the wonderful cities they built for all of china's people but no one ever moves into them as there is no businesses or reason for the cities to exist other than as a make work project.

Wow.. the democrats are running China, too?

Relax, I'm "joking".

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I checked around some of the other areas and found this...

Zoom into these coordinates on google maps: 40.488688,93.500133

Now is it just me or does this look like the American Flag? lol

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Most of the shown objects are target practicing areas for airplanes and missiles, areas to test the fragmentation effect of various warheads, places to tst radar cross sections of airplanes and ground targets etc.

They even had a miniature landscape modeled at some place, just check out the Keyhole Forums it's all discussd there.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I like the shiny bluish/white ones that look like runways.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.thelivingmoon.com...
have a wee look at this site there is more strange thing i recon its a bombing range.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
China prob built those cities for all their citizens that cannot afford to live there because the Chinese govt pays them little to no money, and once WW3 is over and all the worlds cities have been devastated, China is ahead of the game and can move their remaining populations into these cities, because who's going to bomb an empty city? Plus building them now would be better then building later when prices of material and restrictions will be a greater cost.
edit on 11/14/2011 by SixX1874 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

It would only look like a straight line from the angle you made your observations from, if the terrain has alot of height differences.

From different angles, the lines would not look straight me thinks.

It´s exactly what´s bothering me with these lines.

Can someone look from different angles to see if you can notice any differences?

I spent an hour plus last night checking out the area, and in this particular case, the image isn't on any kind of steep slope at all. THe elevation distance from the valley to the peaks to the north is maybe 400ft for the tallest point.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX1874

That theory makes entirely too much sense...could any government have that much foresight?
edit on 11/14/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I've seen similar grids in North Egypt using Google Earth.

I'll post if i can find them again, but they're big, perfectly regular grids made of very large rectangles...no idea what they're for.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marzabeth
The Chinese have been building cities out in the middle of the desert for a awhile. Most if not all are mostly empty-essentially ghost towns...see story here.

These are likely new cities being built.

pfft! I reject reality and submit it with my own. That is the ATS member motto. Your response is far too rational to fit in here, buddy.

Which is why so few have given you a star, and so many have flocked to stroke their own egos by relishing in something that never was.

Deny ignorance, indeed.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Chinese are always doing stuff, and how come when they build something in the desert it always has some secret agenda? How do we know they just are not building a new town or making a resource plant of some kind out there...?

Once again though it is the Chinese gov't so who really knows?

-SAP-
edit on 14-11-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
I like the shiny bluish/white ones that look like runways.

Those seem to be practice bombing targets. You can see bomb craters all over that area.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, so apologies if someone did.

There was a post on the OP's link where someone had overlayed the grid with a map of D.C. I don't think the lines are meant to be streets. What if they set up a grid of the sewer system or other underground infrastructure? Seems to me just as logical a possibility as weapons testing.

Also. That circular one...

Looking at the way those walls/panels that (in GE) someone added to the map, it strikes me that that many panels directed to a central point could be the beginnings (or left overs?) of an attempt to direct solar power (the walls would be reflectors) for generating power? Perhaps trial/failure, perhaps "in the making" or even abandoned?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've read that China uses the ghobi desert for their Military, Space and Nuclear programs. pretty much like what the US does in Nevada.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Those aren't missle silos.. The very first picture looks like it could be some type of water control.

The rest is all baffling.. They might just be "creating jobs" and ran out of rivers to dam.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join