It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is China Building These Gigantic Structures In the Middle of the Desert?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by NoNameBrand

China cares about no-one or anything.

China is evil.

Beware of China.

China does care about something, it's own interests - just like every other country on this planet.

China is not evil, but I would say it's government is ruthless.

Beware of China...yeah, I'd have to agree with you there,

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Saw the same post on Gizmodo and on a few other sites.. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
China sends mission to take pictures and map the moon and test possible landing sites.

Large strange structures with no apparent ties to earthly structures appear in the Chinese desert.

Coincidence?

Did they perhaps find something?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Maybe they are unearthing these patterns that have been covered for a long time? One of them looks like the crop circle with the alien holding a disc with binary code. The dots and dashes look like a message. The scrambled lines look similar to those ancient canals along the east coast and gulf shore lines of North America:

www.ancientcanalbuilders.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Fox must be hard-up for news, they published this story just today. Lazy burgers, ripping it off conspiracy sites.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by w0tm1
but the Chinese are worried! Big Time! They are VERY worried! VERY VERY worried.

Are the Chinese worried?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My first reaction to the "pattern" was that it looks very much like a Chinese Chippendale design. And Chinese Chippendale designs are all about math.

Those who haven't heard of Chippendale, or specifically Chinese Chippendale, here's a photo of a Chinese Chippendale design being used on a balustrade.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Fox must be hard-up for news, they published this story just today. Lazy burgers, ripping it off conspiracy sites.

I will see you your Fox News and raise you CNN. They did a story this afternoon also. As usual the on air reporter was totally clueless.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems as of late any news about China that CNN, FOX or any other news station can get their hands on they do and make it out to be bigger than it really is..Still China is China and everything there is a big secret...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Seems to me to be a weapons test area!!!!! we have them to!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well I will update the opening post also but I just came across this.

There are lots of explanations for the gigantic structures built in China's desert. But the most mysterious thing is invisible: according to a former CIA analyst, there's someone who has ordered tons of satellite photos of this area since 2004.

Source.

I guess I won't put the info in the opening post. It doesn't give me the option to edit it......
edit on 15-11-2011 by NoNameBrand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Looks to me a little too asymmetrical to be an attempt at Chippendale. It seems to be unfinished as well, the edges appear to be open, and that makes things harder.

There is another thing that strikes me about this figure. It looks like a shatter pattern, like potential break lines , like on a window you intend to break to test a physical theory of some sort. There is another possibility. Perhaps this figure represents a road system? If it does, it must be a relatively old one, since most modern layouts feature geometric symmetry, like grids and so on. Im thinking a road system which has been in place for a considerable time, maybe a few hundred years.

If this does represent a road system somewhere, then that implies, assuming that this is some kind of weapons range, that wherever this road system might be, is a target. Mind you , thats outrageously speculative,and I can see plenty of gaps in my own logic, including but not limited to the fact that because so many people have access to observation satellite tech, any nation could maybe ID the location of a potential attack, based on the layout of the lines.

Interesting .

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Maybe they were working on some new stealth technology. New camo for countering satellites?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

Interesting. Are you suggesting that this pattern is in fact hiding some other structure beneath it? A very interesting thought that.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It made me think of how stealth technology would scatter radar. Maybe not for actual imagery like we are currently viewing. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe for guided systems or 3D systems, or ground penetrating radar..
edit on 15-11-2011 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Almost looks like some kind of huge lighting rod.
Has anything like this popped up anywhere else?

Edit to add - If you use the history option, going from 2003 to present the lines follow some of the flood plains (or whatever they have going on in that area). The lines look like they intersect with what looks like areas where water does flow / once flowed.

Also, is there any possibility this might have something to do with their space program? They are pushing forward with their space station and have announced plans for moon missions. The other thing I noticed when I set the resolution to high and topography at 2, some of the lines seem transparent. You can clearly see the terrain and it almost looks like some of the lines were "painted" on.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I think I figured it out.

These are the 3 main areas for the lines - Dunhuang, Jiuquan, Gansu.

If you check wikipedia you will find they are all located in the Loess Plateau.

Speculation was possibly its dust that has been turned up from excavation.

On the Science Daily website there is this article -
New Sources Found for Accumulated Dust On Chinese Loess Plateau

ScienceDaily (Nov. 14, 2011) — Geologists have long thought the loess -- or fine silt -- that accumulated on the Chinese Loess Plateau was carried on winds from desert regions to the northwest over the past 2.6 million years. New research indicates the loess may actually have come from due west, which would change conventional thinking about wind patterns during that period.

Thoughts?
edit on 16-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It is due to they are readying themselves for the epic WAR about to commence and soon. NATO and SCO are going to war.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Maybe they aren't building anything at all,but are actually unearthing something that was forgotten and buried long ago?

Just thinking outside the box like i always try to do...
edit on 16-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just stumbled upon the article on Yahoo!. Kinda remind of the ridiculous building China's planning to build to attract more tourists. Maybe this is just another ploy, or could also be the legit thing about secret facilities or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join