It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is China Building These Gigantic Structures In the Middle of the Desert?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Came across this and thought it was interesting, anyone here have any thoughts, I know some people will like it as there is mention of DARPA and HAARP

They seem to be wide lines drawn with some white material. Or maybe the dust have been dug by machinery. It's located in Dunhuang, Jiuquan, Gansu, north of the Shule River, which crosses the Tibetan Plateau to the west into the Kumtag Desert. It covers an area approximately one mile long by more than 3,000 feet wide. The tracks are perfectly executed, and they seem to be designed to be seen from orbit. Perhaps it's some kind of targeting or calibrating grid for Chinese spy satellites? Maybe it's a QR code for aliens? Nobody really knows.

SOURCE
Visit the link and click on the pictures to enlarge.

Here are the map co-ordinates for anyone wanting to check it out. maybe see if we can find some more out there. 40.452107,93.742118
edit on 13-11-2011 by NoNameBrand because: added stuff

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Chinese have been building cities out in the middle of the desert for a awhile. Most if not all are mostly empty-essentially ghost towns...see story here.

These are likely new cities being built.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

The one that is a circle with the planes in the middle has 12 slices and cuts. Some of the cut marks have been erased, it looks like it is changed at times and looks like a language that can be read from above like dot/dash Morris code. they fill in or dig out the slashes as needed.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marzabeth
The Chinese have been building cities out in the middle of the desert for a awhile. Most if not all are mostly empty-essentially ghost towns...see story here.

Correct, these haev been going on for years, Russia (from what i believe) is doing the same thing. More recently Japan is considering building another ghost city to mirror Tokyo, just in case of a catastrophy, they can just move the population to the mirror city and everything is "back to normal".

I'm assuming China is doing the same thing, along with Russia. Why exactly outside of the "just in case" scenario. I'm not overly sure.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marzabeth

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. I read the story, and other than talking about the housing market collapsing it really doesn't give any reason why there are that many large areas, some in the middle of the desert completely empty. Do the chinese know something we don't?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Cool S&F for a interesting article. I cant wait untill there is more info on what these can be. They remind me of the lines and other odd things they found where the aztecs were and that alsondated back tto thier time

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
edited: link got ****up, please fix the PHP code which handles links ATS...

edit on 2011/11/13 by TrappedSoul because: (no reason given)

okay, take 2:
insane zigzag lines

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok that is really messed up I admit. I have no clue what the strange grid patterns are, I am baffled.

However, the one photograph of the circular area with various objects and several old jets in the middle, is most likely a type of infantry training location, as the objects would probably serve as cover etc. It does resemble many training facilities I have seen.

But all of those grid patterns? No clue, I have never seen anything like that before.

edit on 13-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
edited: link got ****up, please fix the PHP code which handles links ATS...

okay, take 2:
insane zigzag lines

That is really messed up! This appears to be quite a desolate location as well.

Zoom in another notch or two and look closely, there are some strange square - shaped smaller patterns consisting of many dots. And this is strangely repeated all over the place.

It's hard to see so you have to zoom all the way in to the closest resolutions.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

Originally posted by marzabeth

Correct, these haev been going on for years, Russia (from what i believe) is doing the same thing. More recently Japan is considering building another ghost city to mirror Tokyo, just in case of a catastrophy, they can just move the population to the mirror city and everything is "back to normal".

I'm assuming China is doing the same thing, along with Russia. Why exactly outside of the "just in case" scenario. I'm not overly sure.

Actually they are building the cities to provide jobs for there people, the workers move to an area to build a massive new city which they build then move on to the next city. They are told the cities are to filled once they complete them with the growing population and new businesses. It's a way to provide jobs and the workers go home and tell there families about the wonderful cities they built for all of china's people but no one ever moves into them as there is no businesses or reason for the cities to exist other than as a make work project.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Those dots look like building pilings. Or missile silos.
edit on 13-11-2011 by exile1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have no doubt China and Russia are building large structures in remote areas. China has built whole new energy efficient towns, interesting they seem to be rather unpopular. Then again you need transportation to the major cities and commercial hubs, or people sit in the desert, or where ever. And China is investing vast amounts in advanced high speed transport. As for Russia, well I have no doubt they are investing a lot in various types of advanced, and truly enormous structure's. Add to the fact the Russians know how to hide things better from us they have had a lot of practice, as have we. Given the size of Russia you can put vast facilities underground, I'm sure they have. We have and have much less then 1/6th the land mass of the world to work with.

As for China? They are much more capable of doing what they want and not have to many people bitch about it, for long. They moved whole towns out of the way to create the three gorges dam. No one was able to petition the government. Pity, buried some now submerged archeological sites in the process. They can build large surface structures, or underground ones as well though if this detail is indeed "magnetic" or conductive, and on the surface, to me it looks like a combination of runways from space. But if not it could be designed to test very interesting atmospheric (doubtful) but more likely geo-spacial detection and sensor development technology. Interesting, We'll keep an eye on them. Hey, always willing to learn new stuff...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There is no way that it is a city 'outline' it looks more like photographic strips, or Google sources overlays of the area when you look at the photos enlarged.

cache.gawkerassets.com...

This one is typical target range,

cache.gawkerassets.com...
edit on 13-11-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The picture that looks like a huge heating grid (not saying that's what it is) covers quite a lot of area. When you zoom in you an see all the vehicle trails. There is a town near by to the NE? that was probably built just for building that array. Looking around more there are some random small villages that look like they were built just for some type of mass farming.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wonder if it has anything to do with this odd location I found. There's steam towers, like you would see at a nuclear facility, and a bunch of trucks. It's just to the west of the OP's location. Is this just some kind of power plant/water facility or did I just find some secret Chinese nuke site?
You can zoom in pretty far for good detail, too.

Google maps location
edit on 13-11-2011 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Maybe dis-info works to confuse western spies.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A lot of weird stuff to be found on Google Earth.
First time I have seen the red lake in Sadr City, Iraq. But yea, most I see comes from China.

Also, looking for a pic of that lake that does not GE view, any help?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Maybe its where they are building the "Ships" .....you know....for 2012...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
it's a form of alien semaphore "please bring beer with the apocalypse"

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Talk about a misallocation of resources.

This type of stuff will come back to haunt them in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join