It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we just seen bloodless Coups in Italy and Greece?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Both of these countries now have unelected EU and banking insiders at the helm.

"Super" Mario Monti has been appointed to lead Italy - but appointed by who exactly?

AP Article on Mario Monti

And Greece is now being led by Lucas Papademos

Reuters article on Lucas Papademos

Both of these guys are going to impelement externally imposed austerity measures, and play along with the plan to "rescue" their economies. Neither of these men were elected - they were appointed by some mysterious process that happened very quickly and smoothly.

I don't know all of the facts here, but to me it looks like both of these countries have just been taken over by unelected bankers...I'd be interested on what others think.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Snappahead because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2011 by Snappahead because: Edited title

edit on 13-11-2011 by Snappahead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

It honestly isn't that unusual for either country. There have probably been at least 100 different governments between the 2 countries since WWII

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
By the way....it's actually: Coups d'état. The way you spelled it makes it sound like a really constrictive bra!

edit on 13-11-2011 by webpirate because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The short answer is... YES!

The sole purpose of these unelected 'leaders' is to make sure the people are squeezed as hard as possible, this to ensure that their banker pals get paid most of the 'created out of thin air' money that's 'owing' to them.

I think the people, who they conveniently 'forgot' to consult, might have something to say about this in the coming weeks and months.

Flipping heck... I don't think I've ever written a post that contained so many words in 'commas'.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
By the way....it's actually: Coups d'état. The way you spelled it makes it sound like a really constrictive bra!

A really constrictive bra, brilliant

But on a serious note, yes the financiers have allowed the muppets to appear to mismanage things and now they can bypass that pesky democracy by placing unelected people into key positions. The unelected have no loyalty to any constituents who may have voted for them thus avoiding those annoying groups of electorate who may feel betrayed.

To give the appearance of stability the markets will stabilise temporarily just long enough for the populations to get used to the idea. Then wham bam thank you m'aam, here comes your punitive austerity.
The pieces are moving on the board. Get ready folks!

Democracy has died ...to tremendous applause.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think the bloodless coups/revolutions were the colored revolutions after the fall of the Soviet Union in 89-91 or so.... Those were true changes in Government and national direction and with one exception (Romania) happened without deaths or anarchy.

All Italy and Greece have done is throw out one scumbag so they can replace them with another scumbag who will play by the rules handed them and not make up their own as they go. It won't be any better for the populations in either nation, but it will make the IMF and World Bank happier to have someone they can dictate terms to when the phone is answered in Rome or Athens.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

It's no accident these two men have been appointed new PMs of their respective countries.

Both PMs belong to the Trilateral Commisson which is a step higher than the Bilderberg Group. I can't recall which PM but one of them is the Chairman of the TC and the other is just below him.

Coincidence? Hardly. Both men were very carefully chosen.
edit on 13-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A while back when I had been studying the Revelation I focused on the 6th seal. Part of it is a global earthquake. In the Bible, earthquake symbolizes political upheaval and revolution. I do not believe that we are anywhere near the sixth seal and I dare say not even the first, but it is interesting to look at what has taken place in the past few months. How many governments have changed hands? This is unprecedented in history is it not? I do not mind hearing information to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Well, how many Presidents and PMs in power today that were either un-elected by their citizens or only just barely got in by the skin of their teeth in coalition with another party?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It certainly does appear suspicious that the two countries set to go down and possibly bow out of the Euro zone suddenly have new heads of state.

This appears to be done in order to keep these countries paying their debts to the IMF / ECB. Without these new leaders, Greece and Italy might have pulled an "Iceland" and decided to become sovereign again, and tell the central bank to stick it.

With these new sock puppets, the Greeks and Italians will be forced to endure severe austerity measures and have their priceless national treasures sold off to the highest foreign bidder, while remaining prisoners within the Euro zone.

The stock market is soaring, at least in pre-market hours. Just another sucker rally until the next manufactured "crisis".

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It always amuses me how political ideology and idealism generaly fall apart when the cash runs out. Democracy is in danger these days ! We'd all better wake up and pay very close attention to what's going on in the next year before we all wake up one day in a fascist style society, if we haven't already.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by jcord

Well, how many Presidents and PMs in power today that were either un-elected by their citizens or only just barely got in by the skin of their teeth in coalition with another party?

When this finally goes down (is even now) the leader of every country on earth shall have been hand picked. This is just speculation. Could be something else altogether, but I know the people we are dealing with and I know what they believe. Deception is the name of the game.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I said this in another thread and think it's important to say it again:

I feel like the leaders of many countries are executing an exit strategy before some major thing happens...

Look at the uprisings just in the last year, the political changes, the "suicides" by some major corporation leaders, the "Assassinations" of political leaders...

I can't help but think that there is something fishy going on...

Just an observation

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Like children playing on the grains of sand at a sunset bathed beach, it is just our leaders playing musical chairs. No need for fear mongering and all that stuff. Just look and appreciate it for the beauty of life that it is - a big game of musical chairs where even grown ups can join in on the fun.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Very possible.

Just look at the US national debt. It was $10 trillion when Obama took office. Less than three years later it is pushing $15 trillion. That is INCREDIBLE!. There is no other way to look at this, but with awe. I am not hacking Obama. He is just a cog in the machine and takes orders. The process has accelerated during his term. OK, so here is the analogy: If you have a friend who stars spending their money like there is no tomorrow you might think that they are nuts or have become unbalanced in some way. But when you have a nation that has scientific resources that are unparalleled in known history and such a nation starts spending like there is no tomorrow...you might want to consider that they have information that tells them that there might not be a tomorrow. But then the Revalation does state that they will pray for the rocks to fall on them as they hide in the earth.

Originally posted by Magnum007
I said this in another thread and think it's important to say it again:

I feel like the leaders of many countries are executing an exit strategy before some major thing happens...

Look at the uprisings just in the last year, the political changes, the "suicides" by some major corporation leaders, the "Assassinations" of political leaders...

I can't help but think that there is something fishy going on...

Just an observation

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I like your avatar. I have the same one on the back of my dollar bill.

Originally posted by surrealist
Like children playing on the grains of sand at a sunset bathed beach, it is just our leaders playing musical chairs. No need for fear mongering and all that stuff. Just look and appreciate it for the beauty of life that it is - a big game of musical chairs where even grown ups can join in on the fun.

top topics

join