It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Dancing With the Stars To Be Cancelled!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ohh lawd

not dancin

wit tha stars

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I highly doubt it. Both nights of it are consistently in the top ten, so there's likely no basis to this rumor.

As for those trashing it, yeah, who wants to see beautiful, scantily clad women and men gyrating around? Who needs that, right?

TV snobbery is all.

Just as one wouldn't dine on a fine steak every night, one doesn't have to watch only highbrow television either.

Sometimes, the fluff is good. My wife and I have taken ballroom dance lessons for a while, and enjoy seeing the routines, and mostly our favorite pros versus the "stars" they dance with.

If you don't like such shows, don't watch them!...but the majority of America (by the ratings) disagrees with the snobbery....

I see the link to the story was removed....it was probably for a virus....
edit on 17-11-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If you don't like such shows, don't watch them!

What a good point! I'll just change the channel and watch the current season of Firefly instead.

Oh wait. I can't.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

Your argument is that you're forced to watch trash because there are no good shows? (like Dexter, The Walking Dead, etc.)?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Your argument is that you're forced to watch trash because there are no good shows? (like Dexter, The Walking Dead, etc.)?

Not all of us are fortunate enough to be part of the 1% who can afford to pay for cable TV, so yeah, we have to watch whatever crap the networks throw at us.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I'm hardly 1%, lol... Though yeah, I do indulge in cable, just to have some quality TV. Nowadays though, Netflix and other options online are pretty good for accessing some of this...

Still though, nobody would force you to watch a show you dislike. I hate any show with "Jersey" in the title, so I simply don't watch them...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Not all of us are fortunate enough to be part of the 1% who can afford to pay for cable TV, so yeah, we have to watch whatever crap the networks throw at us.

You have the internet, don't you?

What do you need cable for?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
1. Sadly if they do cancel DWTS they'll just replace it with more garbage so it's no biggie to me.
2. As for beautiful women on the show? Dude, heavily made up "starlets" don't impress me.
3. I also doubt this 1% line. Is anyone sure about this?
4. The "reality" type shows are scraping the bottom though. If anyone doesn't know there is a show about catching shrimp for a living.

TyrC!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrc4ever

I'm not talking about the starlets, I'm talking about the sexier female pros!

edit on 9-12-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Comin' up next on The Violence Channel: An all-new "Ow, My Balls!"

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

That show's called "America's Funniest Home Videos" (or AFV for short)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join