It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Americans Have Been 'A Little Bit Lazy' Over The Past Few Decades

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Of course the article title is a little misleading but that's the MSM for you. He's not actually calling people lazy (at least I hope not) but the business of bringing more foreign companies into the US is getting lazy. Going further into it, what is he thinking?

President Barack Obama said America has "been a bit lazy" over the past few decades at attracting international business. "But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades," he said at CEO summit at the APEC meeting in Hawai'i. "We’ve kind of taken for granted — well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Quote from whatreallyhappened.com...:

LAZY?!?!? Mr, President, forgive me, but have you gone absolutely, foaming-at-the-mouth, barking mad on this issue? It is not the American people who have been "lazy, sir; it is government bureaucrats who have gone out of their way to disincentivise foreign companies from wanting to invest and thrive here. And this issue hits BOTH sides of the isle in Congress.

And this would be the most ignorant statement ever. Attract foreign companies to the US? Are you kidding? What about making sure that US companies STAY in the US? Are you trying to have the entire US buying foreign goods from overseas AND working for foreign companies on their own soil as well? What are you thinking? Are you truly American or just pretending?

Maybe I'm not seeing this right but I just don't get it at all.

But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of taken for granted -- well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. And so one of things that my administration has done is set up something called SelectUSA that organizes all the government agencies to work with state and local governments where they’re seeking assistance from us, to go out there and make it easier for foreign investors to build a plant in the United States and put outstanding U.S. workers back to work in the United States of America. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 13-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Obama's been a little lazy over the past 3 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This from a man who has never had a job other than the one he now holds where his every need taken care of? I'd love to see him get up every day at 6:00, get the kids ready for school, drive the daily commute, go to work at a job he does not love, get home, help out with the homework, take the kids to an activity, cook dinner, clean up after dinner, throw a load of laundry in, take care of bills and other necessary paperwork, then cool out for an hour then go to bed and do it all over again.

Let him give that a whirl for a year and then spout this nonsense.

This gent is so disconnected from reality it is disturbing.

All he wants to do is give more folks something for nothing and then suggests that the folks who have been paying for it are lazy?

Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Pass laws and have agencies start choking regulations that kill existing business and prevent any new businesses (unless they are big DEM/union donors that get waivers) then shift the focus of the blame onto the victim. Like blaming the woman for being seductively dressed, or "just too damn good looking", as the cause for her getting raped.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Pass laws and have agencies start choking regulations that kill existing business and prevent any new businesses (unless they are big DEM/union donors that get waivers) then shift the focus of the blame onto the victim. Like blaming the woman for being seductively dressed, or "just too damn good looking", as the cause for her getting raped.

Ive seen and read some interesting things, but you just compared Obama to a rapist

Watch Fox much?

Wow

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

a rape is an assault. It is a violation of privacy and the taking of something that would not be given up freely by the person assaulted.

Not all that dissimilar to the impact of the government on those with initiative attempting to engage in productive behavior in this society.

At a conceptual level, a reasonable analogy

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No President Obama, you are the one who is lazy.

Nero fiddled as Rome burned, Obama watched a basketball game on an aircraft carrier...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is no incentive.

Why would the people that actually do the work and make things actually happen decide to get up off the couch to do anything other than going to the mailbox to get their entitlement.

There is a little truth in that statement.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yep American companies should stay here forget foreign it is a well known fact that those foreign companies get better deals to come here than for domestic companies.

Obama is a morn who doesn't know the first thing when it comes to business in this country and the root cause of them leaving in droves.

Blah.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

And this would be the most ignorant statement ever. Attract foreign companies to the US? Are you kidding? What about making sure that US companies STAY in the US? Are you trying to have the entire US buying foreign goods from overseas AND working for foreign companies on their own soil as well? What
reply to post by jude11

Here here! We have enough of our jobs that have gone overseas. We need to keep jobs in the US and provide incentives for American companies to hire American workers instead of moving everything off shore! And now they want to bring in more foreign companies? Huh?

Here's an idea the Tea Partiers might like: how about we keep your tax breaks for companies and IN RETURN require them to operate and manufacture within the US, hire US workers, and follow US regulations for safety and quality?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
lets talk about incentive. hire an american at $28 an hour and a union, or an illegal immigrant for $15 cash, works just as good, has less attitude and is actually grateful for the opportunity.

or scenario 2. hire an american for $28/hr to make trinkets or subcontract a communist labor force for 35 cents an hour that work 14 hr shifts 7 days a week and don't complain because the political indoctrination officer will whip them with a belt if they do.

but those details might make wallstreet sleep slighty less comfortable for about 3 seconds.

edit on 13-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
Obama's been a little lazy over the past 3 years.

He has had more vacations in the past 3 than I have in 20 --- his cost more than I have made in 20

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Uh you do know he said "weve have been a little bit lazy" right? And that he was talking to a group of CEOs? So the we would be the Gov and Big Buisness. Kind of makes most of the comment here kind of foolish eh? Always read the article and do not be sucked in by the spin.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

And this would be the most ignorant statement ever. Attract foreign companies to the US? Are you kidding? What about making sure that US companies STAY in the US? Are you trying to have the entire US buying foreign goods from overseas AND working for foreign companies on their own soil as well? What
reply to post by jude11

Here here! We have enough of our jobs that have gone overseas. We need to keep jobs in the US and provide incentives for American companies to hire American workers instead of moving everything off shore! And now they want to bring in more foreign companies? Huh?

Here's an idea the Tea Partiers might like: how about we keep your tax breaks for companies and IN RETURN require them to operate and manufacture within the US, hire US workers, and follow US regulations for safety and quality?

BINGO!

I have been saying this for years. It should be called something along the lines of the Corporate Patriot Act.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Uh you do know he said "weve have been a little bit lazy" right? And that he was talking to a group of CEOs? So the we would be the Gov and Big Buisness. Kind of makes most of the comment here kind of foolish eh? Always read the article and do not be sucked in by the spin.

Yes, the OP states that the title is misleading. That's the actual article title.

However, that's not the entire point. What is really unnerving is that Obama believes foreign companies should be enticed to put down roots in America, make their profits, send that money out of Country and that's before thinking about how to keep American companies on American soil and employing American people.

That's the real issue of the article IMO.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
He should have just said....

"I have been a little Lazy"

Everything would have fell into place after that.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Please Ron Paul, kick this guy out of the house !

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
lol

There is a forever lazy infomercial on right now.

I cannot afford to be lazy.

Only on sat and sunday

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by MrSpad

Yes, the OP states that the title is misleading. That's the actual article title.

However, that's not the entire point. What is really unnerving is that Obama believes foreign companies should be enticed to put down roots in America, make their profits, send that money out of Country and that's before thinking about how to keep American companies on American soil and employing American people.

That's the real issue of the article IMO.

Thanks

So we do not want jobs for Americans if a foreign company profits from it? And just how is anyone suppose to keep American companies in the US? Make a law? Then they would just shut down and open up as a foreign company. Lets face it we get payed to much to compete for unskilled manufacturing jobs in the 3rd world. The only way for us to compete is to sell the fact we work harder and smarter in areas of skilled labor than the Europeans or Japan.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
OMG... check out this massive barbarian act of violence of my new iGadget 5.0 that I slept on the street for, while people suffer all of the world to manufacturer it. It's streamed over 4G, aka wimax, which cooks your insides and prevents theta state of mind but...Rad right!

Signed,

The lazy American

<<   2 >>

join