It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Kerry Drunk on TV Last Night???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I saw most of the speech and he definitely didn't come off as drunk to me. It was actually kind of weird to hear someone actually talking about the economy too! I would imagine the Bush team will come out with a counter economy speech of their own.

The whole thing was pretty decent as far as these things go. But the only awkward thing was the statement he made about his 2 tour of duty's. I just sorta cringed and thought "oh geez, here we go again!"

[edit on 3-9-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

On a more serious note - Kerry said this (again) last night -
"I guess I'll leave it up to the voters whether five deferments makes someone more qualified to defend this nation than two tours of duty."

A couple of months on a boat, and then four months on the ground
DO NOT MAKE TWO TOURS OF DUTY. I'm sure he has been told this,
but he was so far gone last night that he spouted it anyways.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if Edwards has or has not served in the armed forces?

wraith

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wraith, Edwards have never been in the military.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I saw most of the speech and he definitely didn't come off as drunk to me. It was actually kind of weird to hear someone actually talking about the economy too! I would imagine the Bush team will come out with a counter economy speech of their own.

The whole thing was pretty decent as far as these things go. But the only awkward thing was the statement he made about his 2 tour of duty's. I just sorta cringed and thought "oh geez, here we go again!"

You obviously did not watch the presidents speech last night. He talk about the Economy last night before Kerry.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok, I just finished watching the video. Drunk? Sorry, I have seen drunk people and I think he was far from it. Personally, I'm glad Kerry said what he did...he needed to! The Republicans have made accusations torward him, and told the American people lies along the way. I'm not a Kerry supporter, but Kerry had to say what he did here, and good on him for doing so.

It's funny, this supposed unrehearsed speech by Kerry is better than any speech Bush could give sober. Now if that doesn't say something then I don't know what does

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls

Originally posted by mpeake

You obviously did not watch the presidents speech last night. He talk about the Economy last night before Kerry.

Your right, I didn't see Bush's speech.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think you will see more emphasis on the economy for a while.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I saw Kerry live last night, and never thought of him being intoxicated. On the other hand, I did think he didn't speak well last night. Not well at all. I'm glad he is running for president and not his vice, or Bush might be in trouble.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I didn't like how he acted last night, too much like he wasn't aware the camera's were on. And the business with the finger twirling/pointing.

He shoulda let Edwards take this one

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I know that before I vote I intend on watching all I can of the candidates, and I'm gonna vote for who I feel REALLY believes in what he's saying and doing. It cracks me up, the people protesting outside. Logically, shouldn't they be listening too and possibly hearing answers to what they're protesting about in the first place? All I know at this point is I'm just not getting a good solid feeling about Kerry. Where as when I watch Bush I can't help but believe that he believes, and that's important to me. I honestly feel that Bush believes what he's saying and trying to do, which largely depends on his advisors, is what's best for America and it's allies. Kerry, it's like it's written all over his face that he's a very uncertain person about much of anything. He seems like he's in this for all the wrong reasons. That's not who I want for president.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Bush got FIVE Deferments, does no one see the irony of this? Here is a Wuss Bush getting five deferments and Kerry went and he is the one thats got a campaign against him for being a coward. And before you start with the swiftboat ads they have all been proven lies. Kerry earned his medals The same stuff went on against McCain in 2000, they wanted you to believe that he was not fit to lead because of his days in captivity as a POW had driven him crazy. Now they want you to believe he is sane because he is campaigning for Bush. I have not seen the clip in question, so what he had a couple of glasses of wine, we all or rather most of us get a little tipsy every once in awhile. Even the old goose has had a few too many on occassion.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Bush got FIVE Deferments, does no one see the irony of this? Here is a Wuss Bush getting five deferments and Kerry went and he is the one thats got a campaign against him for being a coward. And before you start with the swiftboat ads they have all been proven lies. Kerry earned his medals The same stuff went on against McCain in 2000, they wanted you to believe that he was not fit to lead because of his days in captivity as a POW had driven him crazy. Now they want you to believe he is sane because he is campaigning for Bush. I have not seen the clip in question, so what he had a couple of glasses of wine, we all or rather most of us get a little tipsy every once in awhile. Even the old goose has had a few too many on occassion.

I don't think anyone that is in the service and any where near a war is a wuss - whether it's a deferment, a tour, or a nurse for that matter. Hasn't Bush admitted that Kerry is more of a war hero then he is? Correct me if I'm wrong. Kerry got a purple heart for having a grain of rice stuck in his butt, and the doctor wouldn't approve a purple heart for that, right? Who first brought that out in the open? What I've seen so far is Bush answering the questions and Kerry side stepping them.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
elarrebato.com... -

The buzz around the internet this morning is that folks
think John Kerry was drunk while on TV last night. He
had been drinking wine through G.W.s speech and then
he went on TV at midnight with that bizarre 'comeback'
rant against G.W. and Cheney and Vietnam.

For a guy who 'doesn't want to talk about Vietnam'
he sure does it alot.

Anyways, I don't know if he was really drunk or not,
but that is what is buzzing around the internet. We may
hear more about this as time goes on.

(perhaps he wasn't drunk at all but his botox injections
finally reached his brain)
LOL If I was up for president, running against this evil bunch already in the white house, i'd get f#$%g drunk too. It says nothing about the presidential candidate. He's not the dillusional one, or the dry drunk, or the one who's brain turned to mush due to coke etc.
Nice try.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
he didn't look drunk to me in the clips i saw. anyone know where i can view a video of the whole thing? (the CNN site is a paysite
)

i think he looked natural. something bush certainly didn't in his speech... he looked terrified or spiteful or something. and frankly, even if kerry did have a little wine beforehand, at least he can handle it.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Don't take this personally. I'm not trying to slam anyone. Maybe there's things I haven't considered or noticed, sorry if that's the case. But I'm finding it hard to believe with all these things that are coming out about Kerry and his indecisiveness, and his possible drunkeness amongst other aligations, that some people still want him as president. I'm not getting it. I don't think any of us really want to be at war and that seems the be largely why there's all the protesting. But didn't Bush explain his point of view as to why we're in Iraq right now? His answer sounded very logit to me. Saddam WAS warned for more then a few years now, not just by America, but by many countries, was he not? Bush, from what I've seen, has answered the questions. What more do you want from a president? For crying out loud, his advisors admitted to not so accurate advices, which was taken by many countries as solid evidence, not just America, and not just Bush. What are your other beefs?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
I know that before I vote I intend on watching all I can of the candidates, and I'm gonna vote for who I feel REALLY believes in what he's saying and doing. It cracks me up, the people protesting outside. Logically, shouldn't they be listening too and possibly hearing answers to what they're protesting about in the first place? All I know at this point is I'm just not getting a good solid feeling about Kerry. Where as when I watch Bush I can't help but believe that he believes, and that's important to me. I honestly feel that Bush believes what he's saying and trying to do, which largely depends on his advisors, is what's best for America and it's allies. Kerry, it's like it's written all over his face that he's a very uncertain person about much of anything. He seems like he's in this for all the wrong reasons. That's not who I want for president.

If that is your reasonong for votin the way that you do then kudos for you. All I can say is try to not only listen to what they say but look at the actions that they take and have taken in their past. Don't look just at the voting record itself but look at the reasons they voted they way that they did.

Kerry voted fo the war and later voted against additional funding. Some would say that this is simple flip flopping. Few take into consideration that the reason he voted against further funding is becasue the first batch of funding was horribly mismanaged. Would you have voted for it again knowing that this additional money would likly not be used as it should be or would you vote against it untill a more difnitive finance bill was writen up?

Kerry voted to remove funding from Security posts in the past. Noone in mentioning that the funding he voted to cut was going to cold war offices investigating soviet activity.... yes it needed to be cut.. there is no more Soviet Union.

Vote for whoever you feel will do the best job, noone should ever ask you to do more than that. But don't base your opinion of who will do the best job on the media or what the GOP tells you, or what you hear on the radio... look it up, find the records, find the truth.

Take a look at what has happened to Education in the USA, Energy in the USA, Unemployment, debt....

Bush, in my opinion is a one trick pony, only able to discuss an undefined enemy he names "Terrorist" or "Evil". Bush has a long history of ruining companies financialy, taking credit for others work, and is incredibly gifted at passing the blame on any given problem.

I have many issues with Kerry as well, but at lest I know for a fact that he is financialy savy, has worked successfuly in jobs that he has gotten himself, has shown true compassion and concern twards other people even at risking his own safety. He has changed his views over time and to an extent I would say that shows growth as a person... peopel will disagree, but I feel that Kerry is far more human than Bush could ever dream of.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Don't take this personally. I'm not trying to slam anyone. Maybe there's things I haven't considered or noticed, sorry if that's the case. But I'm finding it hard to believe with all these things that are coming out about Kerry and his indecisiveness, and his possible drunkeness amongst other aligations, that some people still want him as president. I'm not getting it. I don't think any of us really want to be at war and that seems the be largely why there's all the protesting. But didn't Bush explain his point of view as to why we're in Iraq right now? His answer sounded very logit to me. Saddam WAS warned for more then a few years now, not just by America, but by many countries, was he not? Bush, from what I've seen, has answered the questions. What more do you want from a president? For crying out loud, his advisors admitted to not so accurate advices, which was taken by many countries as solid evidence, not just America, and not just Bush. What are your other beefs?

Possible drunkeness? Pretzels anyone? Bush is a so-called "recovering" alcoholic! Kerry having a drink and being able to give a speech is only one more reason to vote for him. If he was indeed drunk. And we invaded Iraq, a country with NO CONTINUOUS LINKS TO AL QAEDA OR 9/11, despite the fact that UNMOVIC inspectors still needed time to finish their job, and were producing better results than our army has so far in searching for WMD's.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

Possible drunkeness? Pretzels anyone? Bush is a so-called "recovering" alcoholic! Kerry having a drink and being able to give a speech is only one more reason to vote for him. If he was indeed drunk. And we invaded Iraq, a country with NO CONTINUOUS LINKS TO AL QAEDA OR 9/11, despite the fact that UNMOVIC inspectors still needed time to finish their job, and were producing better results than our army has so far in searching for WMD's.

-koji K.
and whatever happened to "Osama"? Not a word about him as usual.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
and whatever happened to "Osama"? Not a word about him as usual.

Osama? Never heard of him. You must mean that terrorist Khatami.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
just to set the record straight, Cheney had five deferments, not Bush. Bush was in the Air National Guard. I'm still waiting to hear how he got two tour of duties out of 4 1/2 months.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join