It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Kerry Drunk on TV Last Night???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
elarrebato.com... -

The buzz around the internet this morning is that folks
think John Kerry was drunk while on TV last night. He
had been drinking wine through G.W.s speech and then
he went on TV at midnight with that bizarre 'comeback'
rant against G.W. and Cheney and Vietnam.

For a guy who 'doesn't want to talk about Vietnam'
he sure does it alot.

Anyways, I don't know if he was really drunk or not,
but that is what is buzzing around the internet. We may
hear more about this as time goes on.

(perhaps he wasn't drunk at all but his botox injections
finally reached his brain)

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I was watching Fox last night, so I didn't get to see much of his speech. I went to bed shortly there after. He did not seem drunk to me. I would hope that he wouldn't be.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Did you see the clip!?!? I heard the ketchup Queen has got a line on this Mozambique HASH that will have you swearing to a judge that you're really Cheech Marin!!!!!
I think the bag of Frito Lay corn chips that he kept dipping into after every sentence was a dead give away!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yep. The Fritos and the dip were interesting, weren't they?

On a more serious note - Kerry said this (again) last night -
"I guess I'll leave it up to the voters whether five deferments makes someone more qualified to defend this nation than two tours of duty."

A couple of months on a boat, and then four months on the ground
DO NOT MAKE TWO TOURS OF DUTY. I'm sure he has been told this,
but he was so far gone last night that he spouted it anyways.

We will probably never know for sure if he was drunk or buzzed last
night. No one was standing next to him to take a breathalizer test or
check his urine for marijuana use. BUT ... the talk around the internet
today - from both the left and the right - is that he was probably at
least tipsy, if not totally wasted.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I wish'd I had stayed awake to see that. like I said I just saw the part about the RNC stood for Really Not Compassionate. I have to admit, that was a nice line.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
would that make the DNC D eranged N utball C razies?

Kerry did look a bit looped last night...I found it odd that he would go on the tube at midnight.

I really am getting sick of his Vietnam act as well. He needs to present a clear vision and a specific plan, otherwise he's sunk.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I did not get to catch the clip either, but I was talking with Nerdling (which we all have to admit is WAAAAAY left) and he was watching it live while talking to me. Nerdling began to make some comments that didn't make sense...like he didnt' understand why Kerry was so upset and why he was acting as he was. To be clear, Nerdling didn't SAY those things, it was just the way he said what he did said. I could tell Nerdling was kind of taken aback by Kerry's behaviour.

So...he was sloshed...lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
FlyersFan...I did not see what you are talking about. On the link you gave I could only get sound, and that sounded nothing like Kerry's voice. So, what program was he on...CNN, ABC, C-SPAN, etc.? I'm not trying to discredit you, but since I can't get the link to apparently work, do you have any other links?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'll see what I can find for ya!

I have been told that Fox.com has it -
it's under 'You Decide'. I'll see if I
can post a link, but in the mean time ...
check that.

If anyone else has a better link than
through Fox, please feel free to post.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I will check it out. I will check around and see if anyone else has it as well. Thanks.

PS- Mentioning links...does anyone have a link to the Zell Miller interview on CNN? I saw the one with him on Crossfire, but missed the other one.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

His comments, and what he was responding to.

Four days of his patriotism being questioned. Being told he'd go to war with spit balls. The Vice President that never served saying Kerry was "unfit for command."

Nothing indicated he was anywhere near drunk or out of line. Much more civil than ANY of the RNC speakers.

But the speculation he was "drunk" doesn't bother me. How could it? Me being a "girlie man" and all.

It just proves none of this mud is sticking. Question patriotism, sexuality...and when all else fails SOBRIETY!

Call me when Kerry racks up enough DUI's to compete with your team. :shk:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My husband and I only saw a few clips of Kerry's speech and I am hoping to find a transcript of it online. From the little bit that we did see, our immediate thought was that he was drunk. Glad to see that we weren't the only ones thinking that!

Can someone please elaborate on the frito's thing? Was he chowing down on frito's??? I hope he wasn't talking with his mouth full!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Rant, typical democratic response, deny and attack attack and attack. you are excusing him by attacking Bush. I saw the clip on fox. it's not so much of what he said, it's how he said it. I don't know if he was drunk, but he was definately not feeling any pain. You can tell that this speech was not to well rehersed. It was not delivered all that well. I'm not trying to be partisan, but that's just my opionion. Not trying to bash Kerry, but that's the impression I got from seeing the clip.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Rant, typical democratic response, deny and attack attack and attack

And this is any different from the republican responce to acqusations?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, as a republican, I did not attack Kerry when this thread started. All I said was that I would reserve my opionion until I saw the clip. Repulicans often attack back when being attacked. This was not designed to attack Kerry. It was about someone who saw something on tv and wanted further information about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, I'm watching the first half of the fox videos and I have to say he doesn't seem tooted yet. But he seems very mad...I think that may have been what I was picking up from Nerdling...just how upset he was.

So far I wouldn't want to accuse him of being drunk.

I'll finish watching it.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I saw the clip on fox. it's not so much of what he said, it's how he said it. I don't know if he was drunk, but he was definately not feeling any pain. You can tell that this speech was not to well rehersed. It was not delivered all that well.

It was a stump speech. Edwards gave one first. They are more off the cuff and unrehearsed. But again, I just don't know what you're talking about as I saw it. But I was watching CNN, so I missed any Fox "color commentary" to give me that impression.

I'd be happy to review and look for what you're talking about, but those MP3 links never work for me. If this one "sticks" I'm sure it'll get distributed in every format eventually. So I'll see it again then.

But just as someone that saw it once. Didn't notice anything.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, I'm watching the first half of the fox videos and I have to say he doesn't seem tooted yet. But he seems very mad...I think that may have been what I was picking up from Nerdling...just how upset he was.

So far I wouldn't want to accuse him of being drunk.

I'll finish watching it.

Oh he was indeed PO'ed. That's what I was saying. Any Dem watching that RNC thing was. I imagine Kerry didn't like any of it.

At least he didn't challenge anyone to a duel though.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Rant, you might be right. I just saw a little bit of the fox clip. I'm really not trying to be partisan about this subject.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just watched the clip again, and JF Kerry, while not smashed, has obviously had a few too many. His speech is mildly slurred, his facial expressions, body language, and elevated emotional state all point to booze.

I don't think they should televise anymore of these midnight rallys.
Its ok to have a few drinks..but don't go on TV afterwards, especially if you're running for Prez.

no upside to that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join