It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Corporations Rent Their Own NYPD Unit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was watching some older Alex Jones nightly news updates, and came across an interesting piece of information. Here's the video, skip to 3:12 to see the story:
A disinfo.com article describes how some of the financial giants can literally rent police officers at the wage of $37 an hour. Some points of interest from the article:

The corporations pay an average of $37 an hour for a member of the NYPD, with gun, handcuffs and the ability to arrest.

Wall Street firms that are known to have used the Paid Detail include Goldman Sachs, the World Financial Center complex which houses financial firms, and the New York Stock Exchange.

I'm not familiar with that website, so I'm unsure of how reliable that source is. However based on what I've seen, Alex Jones and Infowars do a great job of fact checking for stories just like this.

This doesn't come as a suprise to me that these corrupt banking organizations which have hijacked our government would use their money to buy some police thugs to do their dirty work for them. Beating protesters with batons, pepperspraying them, arresting large amounts of them at a time (often violently), it goes on and on.

Basically every element of our government is in control by the big banks in one way or another. The media, the law enforcement system, the court system, the politicians, you name it. This is just one of the countless examples that illustrates what a ridiculous amount of power these banks have.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this, it encouraged me to look through the internet for more information. It seems that the police in this unit are drawn from a list of available volunteers looking to supplement their income. Any one is allowed to hire them, bars are frequent users. They are "off-duty", but still have the powers of arrest and all the gear.

It doesn't seem like a "powers that be" conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you for posting this, it encouraged me to look through the internet for more information. It seems that the police in this unit are drawn from a list of available volunteers looking to supplement their income. Any one is allowed to hire them, bars are frequent users. They are "off-duty", but still have the powers of arrest and all the gear.

It doesn't seem like a "powers that be" conspiracy.
Sure, they're just trying to make some extra cash, but the people who are hiring them is where the "powers that be conspiracy" comes into play. Some of the very New York financial institutions who played a role in causing the financial collapse, and are being protested against are the ones hiring the police. Consequently, police have been very violent in New York towards the protesters, although one can only speculate that they were intentionally acting that way at the request of these big banks.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Dear TupacShakur,

Thanks for your kind response, but I'm beginning to think I don't have the right kind of mind for conspiracy analysis.

This is truly not an argument, I'm only pointing out my confusion so you can have a little chuckle at my naivete.

but the people who are hiring them is where the "powers that be conspiracy" comes into play. Some of the very New York financial institutions who played a role in causing the financial collapse, and are being protested against are the ones hiring the police.
I would have thought that any business being targeted would provide for extra security. I mean, the protesters are looking for extra numbers on their side and the banks are looking for extra numbers on their side.

Consequently, police have been very violent in New York towards the protesters, although one can only speculate that they were intentionally acting that way at the request of these big banks.

If the police have been very violent to the protesters, I thought that was happening at Zucotti Park. Bank security wouldn't have had anything to do with that.

But as I said, I don't understand these things well.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
so these protestors could found a corporation and rent the police themselves if they had donations and possibly even fundraise...DO IT!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I would have thought that any business being targeted would provide for extra security. I mean, the protesters are looking for extra numbers on their side and the banks are looking for extra numbers on their side.
Good point, it's possible that they were just worried that some of the protesters would storm in the building and lynch the CEOs or something, and they were taking some precautions.

If the police have been very violent to the protesters, I thought that was happening at Zucotti Park. Bank security wouldn't have had anything to do with that.
I don't think these rented cops are necessarily limited to the bank. The way I interpreted it was that they hired extra cops to patrol the streets. The article doesn't specify on whether they were stationed inside of the bank or in the immediate viscinity.

However based on the way the protesters marching on Wall Street (near some of those very financial institutions) have been treated, I think that the cops are intentionally being hired to intimidate, assault, and arrest the protesters. The track record as well as the deep-rooted corruption of these financial institutions sides with that possibility.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

so these protestors could found a corporation and rent the police themselves if they had donations and possibly even fundraise...DO IT!!
Wouldn't that be awesome, a police force to police the police. That's the way it should be IMO. Maybe some people could exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms, and protect the protesters who are exercising their First Amendment to peaceful assembly. If their rights are infringed upon for no apparent reason, and they're not only arrested, but beat with batons, tazed, peppersprayed, or whatever......it gets ugly. But nobody ever said the second revolution would be pretty.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Am I missing the conspiracy here about cops being hired for extra security? This is nothing new.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

True, but the issue that has me upset is the level of violence displayed by the NYPD. However I know of no way to confirm or deny whether or not the police officers which have been whacking protesters with batons, pepperspraying them, and arresting them for doing absolutely nothing wrong are the cops which have been rented by the big banks.

It's unfair to assume that all of the bad things which the NYPD has done to the protesters are a direct result of the cops hired by the banks, as if they drilled them in how to sabotage the protests or whatever. The past actions of these corrupt banks makes me think that's the reality, but that's purely speculative on my part.

new topics

top topics

join