It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War for your Heart and Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
To achieve victory one must 1st identify the enemy.

Greed and selfishness

Apathy / Mutual Mistrust

Surveillance and Control

Ignorance

2nd - One must win the support of the population

Counterinsurgency Warfare: Theory and Practice

1) The aim of the war is to gain the support of the population rather than control of territory.

2) Most of the population will be neutral in the conflict; support of the masses can be obtained with the help of an active friendly minority.

3) Support of the population may be lost. The population must be efficiently protected to allow it to cooperate without fear of retribution by the opposite party.

4) Order enforcement should be done progressively by removing or driving away armed opponents, then gaining support of the population, and eventually strengthening positions by building infrastructure and setting long-term relationships with the population. This must be done area by area, using a pacified territory as a basis of operation to conquer a neighbouring area.

en.wikipedia.org...

“An army of the people is invincible!” ― Mao Tse-tung

www.goodreads.com...

Whether you are a counter-insurgent or an insurgent the aim is the same.

Whoever wins the support of the population wins.

The goal of the establishment appears to be to maintain control by dividing the population, promoting ignorance, fear and mistrust.
edit on 13-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Divide and conquer...Divide et impera.....a tried, tested, trusted and supremely successful technique.

Here in Scotland we had some semblance of unity as long as we were wholly governed from London. (a common enemy) Then we got a devolved parliament (now aiming for full 'independence' (as much as can be had within the EU).

Now the Scot's have some form of autonomy with the power base in Edinburgh (east coast). Consequently our political and legal brotherhood from Glasgow (on the west coast) don't like what the Edinburghers are doing to the country.

The Highlanders think we in the lowlands don't understand the problems they face.

The Islanders think the mainlanders don't have a scoobie about their tribulations.

They do say 'where there's water there's a divide'....and there's a river at the bottom of my garden

edit on 13-11-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

Divide and conquer...Divide et impera.....a tried, tested, trusted and supremely successful technique.

Makes you think

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

1947 that film was produced huh...It says people are not born with prejudice - it is given to them. I hold with that.

My ex was from the US - living here at the time. I had to finish with him because of his prejudices. I was raised to have regard for the individual. He seemed to believe that we must generalise in this world. 'All british are x...all Italians are y' etc etc. It was intolerable. He constantly moaned that as a W.A.S.P. he was in one of the only groups in the US that didn't benefit from positive discrimination. I did point out that as his mother was french and his father italian - he didn't fall into that category.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by InformationAccount

1947 that film was produced huh...It says people are not born with prejudice - it is given to them.

It also says that Truth is Treason

top topics

join