It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Mt Moriah & Bullock Hotel(Deadwood) haunted with (pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I took a trip out to DeadWood a few years back when my husband and i got into town we went to the Bullock Hotel to book a room for a few days but once inside this historic hotel i felt a feeling of dreaded that was on a physical level, and a spiritual level..
I did manage to take a few pictures inside the hotel but not many common sense told me to get out of the hotel and not come back..We booked a room elsewere and stayed for a week DeadWood is a wonderful town..The entire city of Deadwood is a National Historic Landmark. It was established in 1876 during the Black Hills gold rush..If you want to relive the old west Deadwood is the place to go..
We took the tour of Mt. Moriah Cemetery..Even if you're not in the habit of visiting cemeteries you'll not want to miss where Wild Bill and Calamity Jane were buryed as well as all the rest of Deadwood's famous, forever rest in peace. A lovely climb to a peaceful hilltop - no wonder they all wanted to be buried here.I have to admit the whole cemetery made both my husband and i feel chilled a feeling of uneasiness but well worth the visit..

The Bullock Hotel (haunted)
Most of the legends of this locale revolve around Sheriff Seth Bullock, the western legend who was said to have such piercing gray eyes that "his gaze could stop fights" and "he could outstare a mad cobra or a rogue elephant". One of the mustachioed founding fathers of the rough and tumble mining town, Bullock's hotel still stands today as a popular attraction.

He and his partner Sol Star came to Deadwood to sell mining equipment to the growing masses there, and the Bullock Hotel sits on the spot that they built the hardware store on upon their arrival. (The hardware store was lost to a fire in 1894) Struck down by cancer, Bullock died in room 211 of his hotel in September of 1919.

Since then, dozens of guests and employees alike claim to have seen his apparition in the building. The ghost was even said to have helped a lost little boy find his way back to his guest room. A stickler for idleness, the activity is said to increase when staffers are being lazy, or if they whistle or hum.

The apparition of a little girl has also been reported. Lights and showers turn themselves on and off without explanation. The sounds of footsteps, of a man calling out their name, and of whistling has been reported by various visitors to the hotel, as has a tapping sensation on the shoulder when no one is near. Toilet paper has been known to unroll itself in bathrooms. In room 305 the "Bullock Suite", a clock that has been broken for many years will occasionally chime, and many photographic anomalies have been reported in room 211. Rooms 211, 205, 209, 305, 315, 313, 207, and 302 have all had paranormal occurrences reported by guests.

Mt. Moriah is haunted. Those who have worked there have experienced various spooky happenings around the cemetery.Many people report a feeling of uneasiness at Mount Moriah Cemetery..While we were there we both felt watched a very uneasy feeling..

(Calamity Jane) passed away in a small room at the Calloway Hotel. She was 51 years old. She died penniless. Her death was believed to be have been caused from her heavy drinking. Her last request was to be buried next to Wild Bill Hickok (sometimes spelled Hickock). This is where she now rests.

(James "Wild Bill" Butler Hickok)
Born in Troy Grove, near Ottawa, Illinois, he took part in the Kansas struggle preceding the Civil War, was a driver of the Butterfield stage line, and gained fame as a gunfighter. He was an assistant station tender for the Pony Express at the Rock Creek, Nebraska station. He served as a Union scout in the Civil War. After the war he became deputy United States Marshal at Fort Riley (1866), Marshal of Hays, Kansas (1869), and Marshal of Abilene (1871). His reputation as a marksman in desperate encounters with outlaws made him a frontier legend. Hickok once shot and killed his own deputy in error, which was the downfall of his career as a lawman. After a tour of the East with Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show(1872 to 1873), he went to Deadwood, South Dakota where he was murdered by Jack McCall while playing cards at the #10 Saloon. The hand Hickok had held, a pair of Aces and a pair of Eights, thereafter became known as "The Dead Man's Hand."

(Seth Bullock)
In its early days the town of Deadwood took pride in being lawless, murdering anyone who dared to bring civility. After the death of Wild Bill Hickok and the acquittal of his killer, Jack McCall, it became apparent that Deadwood needed law and order. Seth Bullock, a Deadwood businessman, answered the call to be the town’s first sheriff.

According to local legend, Bullock’s tall stature, broad shoulders and steel-gray eyes were so intimidating that he could stare down an angry cobra. His fearlessness helped Bullock tame the wildest town in the West without killing anyone. Ironically, Bullock arrived in the gold camp one day before Hickok was killed.

Bullock and his business partner, Sol Star, owned and operated the town’s first hardware store. But when it burned in 1894, they decided not to rebuild but construct Deadwood's first hotel instead. The three-story, 64-room Bullock Hotel was the most luxurious of its time with steam heat and indoor bathrooms on each floor. The Bullock is still a Main Street fixture today. Seth Bullock is buried at the top of the hill in Deadwood’s Mount Moriah Cemetery.

Enjoy The Pictures
Peace,sugarcookie1

Haunted Pictures (Its a gallery of images for you to browse through with HUGE pictures)
edit on 13-11-2011 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Orbs? Did you get any voices? Because orbs can mean a few things.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemicflames

We planned on staying there but... As soon as we arrived at the hotel we both got a very heavy feeling and that we felt that we were not welcome by the energy there. So we left and went to a regular hotel down the road.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I guess some dead folk don't really like to be burdened by the living. xD
Nonetheless interesting place.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemicflames

Deadwood is a very interesting place its like going back in time to the old west ..You can feel the spirits in that town allot of things went down in that town..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

join