It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious leakage of high radioactivity in Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Serious leakage of high radioactivity in Germany

translate.google.com

Berlin / Gundremmingen (DAPD-bwb). In the Swabian Gundremmingen nuclear power plant is critical, according to the atom IPPNW Medical Association has been measured a serious leakage of high radioactivity. At the beginning of the year review in September had the emission values ​​"suddenly in an extreme way" increased, the organization said on Friday in Berlin. The concentration of radioactive noble gases have at times reached "maximum in the 500-times the normal value."

So far, the corresponding measured values ​​for IPPNW information from the regulatory authorities and nuclear operators were only over a longer period than in middle-published values. Here, the emission peaks are sometimes questionable remained hidden. Therefore, the association now called "unaveraged values ​​of all radioactive half-hour duty" of all kilns in Germany.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nuclear energy campaigners concerned about elevated readings in Gundremmingen/Germany nuclear power plant ..

They say the concentration of radioactive noble gases have at times reached "maximum in the 500-times the normal value."

www.boulevard-baden.de... 8/

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Some other source ..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
isn't germany one of the countries who;s supposed to be paving the way towards a non-nuclear energy future, too? how ironic. i wonder just how many reactors are "slightly" leaking all around the world. if the US's reactors are in such bad shape and you hear of other countries finding leaks and other problems, logic would lead one to believe that there are probably more reactors with "issues" than reactors without "issues".

just seems all too perfect. hey...maybe radiation fueled by a nice solar storm will speed up our evolution! i sure have grown tired of only having 5 fingers on each hand. and i could always use an extra ear...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This could be old news to German aristocracy and we are just now learning about it. This could be why they've made the transition to more eco-friendly measures assuming what we are hearing is true...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have a suggestion for determining how much of this story is true and how much we really have to worry about. Someone who has access to the right databases or can find the information in another way, search for the names of the technicians and other plant workers for this power station. Now cross reference that with Europe's version of the Social Security Death Index.

If you have more than 1 or 2 matches between lists for late summer on workers, and a Death Index for the recently departed, I'd say there is a real issue to worry about here. If not? Well....Someone let us know when/if this DOES rise to the level of dead plant workers. If they aren't dying, the public won't be either. Logical, yes?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
isn't germany one of the countries who;s supposed to be paving the way towards a non-nuclear energy future, too? how ironic.

I'm sure that German government authorities knew about the leak before we did, probably before they proclaimed that they would close down all of their nuclear reactors... hint hint

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Oh yes. We should definitely continue building more of these. These are safe and we need more. It makes total sense ~ and who cares if the little bit of the world we have left melts into a radioactive wasteland ~ there's always the moon, oh ... and Mars. Then we can build some up there too. Really, is the danger not obvious enough?

edit on 13-11-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

couldnt we all benefit from Vril Technology today?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with the Mystery Radiation Detected 'Across Europe'

Trace amounts of iodine-131, a type of radiation created during the operation of nuclear reactors or in the detonation of a nuclear weapon, were detected by the Czech Republic's State Office for Nuclear Safety starting two weeks ago. After the group reported its findings to the International Atomic Energy Agency, the Agency released a statement today revealing similar detections had been made "in other locations across Europe."

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Yes, I think it was Germany, France and another country I forgot now that pledged to "reduce" some things nuclear but just what that would effectively mean in real terms might be anybody's guess. Germany is right next door to me, so it is more than a little concerning. I only want radiation if it will give me The Hulk-like powers.

edit on 13/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

i thought the very same thing upon reading this thread. i'm also wondering as to whether there is an emergency european nuclear contingency incident fund where lashings of euros await for those unfortunate enough to have suffered an accident and require assistance in de-commissioning and area wide land remediation.
f

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I could use some advice from you disaster hunters. How reliable is RSOE EDIS? They do have one nuclear event listed but it's not specifically Germany and doesn't show a specific cause.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Some reports here ..

Low levels of radioactive particles in Europe

Very low levels of radioactive iodine-131 have been detected in Europe but the particles are not believed to pose a public health risk, the U.N. nuclear agency said Friday, saying it was seeking to find the source.

www.reuters.com...

Nuclear incident in Ukraine

Several Russian media report an incident in the center of Zaporizhia, reportedly one of the largest nuclear power plants in Europe. The messages contradict each other. According to a financial news site, all reactors in Ukraine in the alert condition. According to other sources, an error that no further consequences.

Source ..

Zaporizhia NPP Shuts Down Power Unit Two For Malfunction In Chains Of Automatics (13:50, Sunday, November 13, 2011)

The Zaporizhia nuclear power plant (Enerhodar, Zaporizhia region) disconnected power unit two at 09.10 a.m. (Kyiv time) on Saturday for malfunction in the chains of automatics of the power unit and put the power unit back on stream at 12.58 on Sunday. Dmytro Sabadin, head of the shift of the nuclear power plant, announced this to Ukrainian News. He said the malfunction was fixed by 12.20 on Sunday.

un.ua...

www.iaea.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wtf. I live just less than 60km away from that city. Should I be seriously worried?!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What if the real reason that the world chose to depend on nuclear energy instead of wind, sun, water or whatever was to use these nuclear reactors as weapons in a war against humanity?

Why are so many reactors built on fault lines? Why would 'science' and governments all over the world embrace the same plan? It's a bit suspicious. There are other, better options. The alternative energy scientists often ended up dead.

No where to run, no where to hide...
edit on 13/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

You speak very good German so try to find more info, we need more information for this event ..

I cant find nothing more for now ..

We be all very thankful for any new info ..

Online Geiger Counter Nuclear Radiation

www.blackcatsystems.com...

odlinfo.bfs.de...

www.radioaktywnosc.umcs.lublin.pl...

German utilities count cost of phaseout

Peace ..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It seems 21st century flower power is being vindicated. Anti nuclear power demo, Gundremmingen, a few months ago:

And I quote: "Today Fukushima. And tomorrow?.."

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One of het guys who did independant monitoring for Fukushima is also providing info for Germany from 1800 gamma radiation monitoring sites - perhaps someone with a better understanding of German geography can have a look at relevant ones & see what they show??

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On Topic: Wow, that sucks.

Slightly Off Topic: I used to believe in Nuclear energy. The thing that made me think and do a 180 was a conversation with my father in law (who happens to work for DOE and is a highly intelligent person + he has a P.H.D)

I asked him, why not just send the nuclear waste to the sun, it could handle it (my thinking anyways). He said that he was tasked with this idea early on in his career. He stated that because their was a greater than 0% chance that something could go wrong that it was off the table (in a nutshell, he went into greater detail, but I admit a lot of it was over my head, especially the calculations
)

That got me to thinking. That mixed with the humans that are just evil (I think that unless you are in a kill or be killed situation you should not kill- I was trained to use the least amount of force to subdue the opponent), you know, people would want to get their grubby hands on it and use it to cause as much harm as they can to their "enemy". Its sad but true that there is such violent conflict out there. I much prefer the debating type conflict my self.

I so feel sorry for the German people and I sincerely hope no one gets sick. I lived over there for a few for my tour and really loved the people and culture. I loved going "schlossing"
(checking out the castles)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

I asked him, why not just send the nuclear waste to the sun, it could handle it (my thinking anyways). He said that he was tasked with this idea early on in his career. He stated that because their was a greater than 0% chance that something could go wrong that it was off the table (in a nutshell, he went into greater detail, but I admit a lot of it was over my head, especially the calculations
)

It's actually easier to send stuff out of the solar system than into the sun!!

To hit the sun you have to decelerate the stuff by almsot all of the earth's own velocity - if you don't it jsut ends up in orbit around the sun...and if it is sufficiently eliptical that orbit might cross the earth's orbit......

to get it out of the solar system you just have to increase the velocity by 41% of the earth's......much easier!!

See this forum discussion for some more details.

<<   2 >>

join