It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Cases of Human Cannibalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This topic scares the crap out of me. I think this is why I'm afraid of zombies too!

Ever see the movie Ravenous?

Here's an interesting top 10 of human cannibalism. Bon appetit!

Article Link

Cannibalism has been occasionally practiced as a last resort by people suffering from famine. Occasionally it has occurred in modern times. A famous example is the crash of Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571, after which some survivors ate the bodies of dead passengers. Also, some mentally ill individuals obsess about eating others and actually do so, such as Jeffrey Dahmer and Albert Fish. There is a resistance to formally labelling cannibalism as a mental disorder.[18]

Wiki Link

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

When Rome was under seige from the Goths they resorted to cannibalism.
The British Royal family has also partaken in several occasions of 'medical' cannibalism over the last few hundred years

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by Cosmic911

When Rome was under seige from the Goths they resorted to cannibalism.
The British Royal family has also partaken in several occasions of 'medical' cannibalism over the last few hundred years

The Goths cut off their supply to the city, right?

You've got me interested and I'll bite...what is medical cannibalism?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
doubeuteeef

russian cannibal trial

'They cooked her meat and served up the meal with potatoes. 'They were interrogated and explained the murder by saying they were desperate to eat.' The deputy head of St Petersburg criminal investigations Sergei Strelin said: 'They confessed their guilt straight away. They explained they were hungry and drunk.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

e dit on 13-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
doubeuteeef

russian cannibal trial

'They cooked her meat and served up the meal with potatoes. 'They were interrogated and explained the murder by saying they were desperate to eat.' The deputy head of St Petersburg criminal investigations Sergei Strelin said: 'They confessed their guilt straight away. They explained they were hungry and drunk.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Wow...unbelievable...That's a scary story.

Disturbing second line...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think I might be a cannibal.... Back when I went to church they made me eat the body of Christ. I still have nightmares.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdMind
I think I might be a cannibal.... Back when I went to church they made me eat the body of Christ. I still have nightmares.

But at least they also fed you wine so you would forget the experience! Gotta love the Catholics!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

doubeuteeef

russian cannibal trial

What is up with the Russians and Cannibal Goths? Wasn't there a case 1-4 years back about a group of Goths who lured people to their deaths(combination of human sacrifice and cannibalism)?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The legend According to The Newgate Calendar, Alexander Bean was born in East Lothian during the 1500s.[1] His father was a ditch digger and hedge trimmer, and Bean tried to take up the family trade but quickly realized that he had little taste for honest labour. He left home with a vicious woman who apparently shared his inclinations. The couple ended up at a coastal cave in Bannane Head near Galloway (now South Ayrshire) where they lived undiscovered for some twenty-five years. (The cave was 200 yards deep and during high tide the entrance was blocked by water, and is said to be today's Bannane Cave, located between Girvan and Ballantrae in Ayrshire).

Their many children and grandchildren were products of incest and lawlessness. The brood came to include eight sons, six daughters, eighteen grandsons and fourteen granddaughters. Lacking the gumption for honest labour, the clan thrived by laying careful ambushes at night to rob and murder individuals or small groups. The bodies were brought back to the cave where they were dismembered and cannibalised. Leftovers were pickled, and discarded body parts would sometimes wash up on nearby beaches.
en.wikipedia.org...

Bon appetit...
edit on 9-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well, I know a good case of 'Involuntary Cannibalism'. This took place in Mexico City. True story. I believe it happened in the early 70's. There was this woman who made and sold 'Tamales' (a traditional Mexican dish). Therefore, she came to be known as 'La Tamalera'. This poor and marginalized woman was victim of a lazy and physically abusive husband. This guy would take all the money she made selling food. She had to put up with many years of domestic violence. One day the husband beat the hell out of the children. She was present at the time. That brutal beating was the last straw.

Apparently that beating triggered some kind of violent reaction on this woman. So later that day when husband fall asleep on the couch she clubbed him in the head with a baseball bat. She then panicked and thought her man was now laying dead on the couch. She had to do something about the situation so next thing you know is she butchered her husband alive! I believe she kept the severed head and mutilated limbs around in a bag for some time before disposing of them. She would later confess she could hear her husband in pain while dismembering him alive. Really creepy stuff.

Now for the 'Involuntary Cannibalism' part. Being a poor and now desperate woman she was forced to cut and cook pieces of flesh from his dead man's body and use them as a stuffing for her 'Tamales'. She would later sell these around the neighborhood. Can't imagine how many people involuntarily got a taste of human flesh back then.

Some pictures:

This is the woman. Her name was Trinidad Ramirez.

The husband.

This one is a bit graphic. You can see the husband's severed head and the axe she used to cut him into pieces.

Policemen finding the body.

I know this is pretty sick but we too have lots of fu**** up stories south of the border. This was just for beginners but I could tell you the scariests stories.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by Franz von Humboldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

doubeuteeef

russian cannibal trial

Usually ill have a burger or pizza, or maybe even a kebab if im Hungry and Drunk, I have never resorted to cooking and eating some-one yet.
Wow...unbelievable...That's a scary story.

Disturbing second line...

top topics

join