It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day has only 16 hours. I can feel that!Don't you?And there is proof of that!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What is interesting to me is the last sentance referencing the three days
If there is three days of night somewhere shouldn't there be three dayse of daylight somewhere else?

Scientists discovered many years ago that the earth gives off a pulse. This pulse or frequency which has been likened to a heartbeat has been stable at approximately 7.8 cycles per second for thousands of years. However, since around the year 1980 the earth’s heartbeat began to speed up. It has currently been measured at 12 cycles per second but the most incredible thing is some scientists believe the earth will actually stop rotating when this pulse reaches 13 cycles per second. When the earth stops rotating on its axis it is believed that it will remain still for around 3 days and then start spinning in the other direction.

Original Source:psychedelicadventure.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

The sun could darken for 3 days sometime the energy of the sun could come down for a period and after that to come back to normal but i don't know if human kind will survive till then.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I read a study, or it might have been a documentary- that studied this very issue. What they found was that as young children, we learn so very much on a daily basis- so the increments of time pass more slowly as our mind records the new events as we learn. These learning memories slowly build up- so when we are in our 40's, like my old self- we are learning less about the small wonders of existence and the world in general. So in our minds, time seems to pass quicker- if we were a child we would be in wonder, absorbing new experiences and savoring each moment as a first. But when we age its just " ah oh well- seen that done that"

Just my opinon.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Time is relative to the observer.

If you were outside of our solar system looking down...from 1996 to now....our Solar System is spinning faster.

The Earth still takes 24 hours to rotate and 365 days to go around the sun.

But if you were outside of the solar system looking down you would notice our entire solar system has been spinning faster.

Look at the SOHO sun images in 1996. And now. You can see our sun has bulged at it's equator and is more energetic from the forces acting on it as we spin faster.

The Asteroid belt behind our planet is having its rocks getting spun up from the energy and they are flying all over now.

Jupiter is closer to Earth as our planets have all gotten closer to the sun.

Time has changed. Earth is no longer a ball and also is bulging at its equator. Hang on...We hit peak speed next year.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

TextThe Earth still takes 24 hours to rotate and 365 days to go around the sun.
reply to post by Pervius

For us,yes,but we don't feel this,to a biological level,though is happen.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Time is relative to the observer.

And it depends on your age and circumstances. Ask any kid waiting for Christmas if time is speeding up.
As for time speeding up in an objective real sense, I don't understand the argument.
For instance here in the UK, it is currently getting dark late afternoon. If time was speeding up then surely the daylight hours would be compressed. Any mechanical time pieces though would continue at the same pace. So for instance you might get the time showing as 3pm but it might be pitch black outside. That's my take anyway.

edit on 13-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

So for instance you might get the time showing as 3pm but it might be pitch black outside.
We don't feel this in physical terms but maybe reported to the solar system or external parameters outside our solar system.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There was an excellent thread some time ago but didn't get much attention. People were asked if they experiance shorter days. I think more people will notice that time will pass faster....as december approaches?

ATS Shorter Time Thread

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I think more people will notice that time will pass faster..
That is true,but not from the way we measure time,with our devices ,maybe the biological clock it's something that we didn't studied enough.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well I am now past 60 and I can tell you all that time just seems to go faster and faster as you get older. It's woops another birthday. Surely the last one was only last month?

Is it Easter already?
We just had Christmas!
I still think of stars of the 60s and 70s as they were then and get a shock when I see some of them today - that's if they are still alive. It makes me look in the mirror. Surely I haven't aged the same!
Because you tend to keep an image of the younger you.
World shattering events of years back seem like yesterday.
It happens to us all.

Everyone make the most of the time you have.
You will never get it back (not in this reality anyway).
You are now another few seconds older than when you started reading this.
Tic toc tic toc....
edit on 18-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I still think of stars of the 60s and 70s as they were then and get a shock when I see some of them today - that's if they are still alive. It makes me look in the mirror. Surely I haven't aged the same! Because you tend to keep an image of the younger you. World shattering events of years back seem like yesterday.
If this will be true then you will not feel younger inside your heart and your soul.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I still think of stars of the 60s and 70s as they were then and get a shock when I see some of them today - that's if they are still alive. It makes me look in the mirror. Surely I haven't aged the same! Because you tend to keep an image of the younger you. World shattering events of years back seem like yesterday.
If this will be true then you will not feel younger inside your heart and your soul.

I 'feel' the same age but my back tells me otherwise

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If time is speeding up, then why does a movie made back in the 1930s that had a running time of 2 hours still take 2 hours to show (without it seeming to be in "fast forward")?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
If time is speeding up, then why does a movie made back in the 1930s that had a running time of 2 hours still take 2 hours to show (without it seeming to be in "fast forward")?
I think because it's about the biological time,as we measure with our own tools.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I think because it's about the biological time,as we measure with our own tools.

But if an an old 2-hour long movie still seems to take 2 hours to play as we measure it, and without it seeming to be moving in fast forward, that mean that as we measure time passing, we can't notice that 2 hours happens more quickly.

Therefore, if we can't notice that time is passing more quickly, then it doesn't matter at all to us if that time is passing more quickly (i.e., 2 hours today would still feel like the same length of time as 2 hours did in the 1930s when that movie was made, and 24 hours wouldstill feel like 24 hours).

edit on 1/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

(i.e., 24 hours will still feel like 24 hours).
That is right,if the time is contracting then we can feel that just by reporting to non biological environment.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm still not sure about the whole "speeding up" thing, but interestingly, about a year ago (before I joined ATS) I started researching the idea, because I noticed that it seemed to me that time was speeding up, and I had even heard children talking about how fast time is flying. So this idea has been one of interest to me for awhile.

Here's something interesting I found:

icanhasscience.com...

Weight Gain. The researchers started noticing that the 20-hour-day mice were getting chubby compared to the control mice after about 4-5 weeks of their unnatural light schedule. From then on, the mice’s weight problem kept getting worse all the way through the end of the 10 weeks. During the entire 7th week, the researchers monitored the mice’s food intake (they were all allowed to eat as much as they wanted), but the 20-hour-day mice weren’t actually eating any more food than the normal mice. Instead, it seemed that their metabolism was just slowing down. Blood tests at the end of the 10 weeks showed that the 20-hour-day mice had higher levels of certain hormones related to metabolism – insulin and leptin.

So according to the mouse study, when they artificially divided up the day into 10 hours of light and 10 hours of darkness, simulating 20 hour (therefore shorter) days, the mice got fatter.

Since humans ARE getting fatter and fatter, I find that to be very interesting. Of course, we currently attribute the weight gain to differences in our food supply, over eating, etc. But wouldn't it be interesting if it had to do with metabolism changes caused by some sort of faster rotation of the earth????

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

But wouldn't it be interesting if it had to do with metabolism changes caused by some sort of faster rotation of the earth????
Could be the acceleration of the metabolism that it's in direct relation with the body burning fats,so the time goes faster from the space point reference,the biological clock goes slower,reported to the point of reference in space.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think the older we get, the faster time seems to go by. When we were ten years old for instance, those ten years represented our entire lifetime, and it seemed to take forever from one birthday to the next. At twenty years of age a year seemed to go by much quicker, for the same reason. Those twenty years are now your entire lifetime! Once you turn fifty the years seem even shorter, and now that I'm in my early sixties, I sit here and wonder just where the heck did the last ten years go?
No matter what, and I know from personal experience it can be downright difficult at times, try to make the most of your short life here on Earth! I've lived by the rule..."Do unto others what you would have them do unto you, and if they do you wrong, do them twice as bad!". By living according to this rule, you will be teaching your fellow man a valuable lesson, and in most cases they will turn out to be more careful in what they do to others, in the future!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I think the older we get, the faster time seems to go by
We should ask our grandparents and parents how they feel that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join