It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day has only 16 hours. I can feel that!Don't you?And there is proof of that!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Gseven nailed it with the shower example. I have also noticed that I can load the dishwasher and clean the countertop in my kitchen in 15-20 mins max. Now it takes 30-40 at the same speed and precision loading. (Nobody can pack the dishwasher more efficiently in my house).

Time is absolutely relative to our conscious perception of it. It has nothing to do with the rotation of the earth. Physics are coming close to solving Einstein's equation for everything using consciousness as the 5th 5th dimensional variable.

I bet the chem trails will be implicated because of the effects on the Schuman Resonance. They are speeding us up so we die faster.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pascalt

Originally posted by Gseven
For decades, I've consistently clocked 15-minute showers.

These days, however, I have found myself having been in the shower for well over an hour, with it feeling like I had only been in for 15 minutes doing the same things I've always done. I only have a 50 gallon water tank, and I take REALLY hot showers - there's no way my water tank could last that long a few years ago, but somehow it does today. Strange? I think so. The phenomenon is not limited to just me though....my entire family experiences this same time issue. Things that "feel" like a few minutes ends up being WAY longer than we realized. Losing track of time is a very common phrase in my home. If we were a cassette tape, it feels like someone pushed the fast forward button. The same music is still there on the tape, and nothing has changed, but it's all going by faster.

Funny story

If your time speeding seems to not affect your water quantity used, this is strange. Can you replicate the experience? If so, setup a camera (filming a watch and filming the bathroom) and check your water usage before and after the shower. That could be interesting if what you say happens to be true?
edit on 13-11-2011 by pascalt because: (no reason given)

I could, but it would do no good unless you had proof of how it performed a few years ago. Sadly, you will have to just take my word for it, but I couldn't make this stuff up.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by Hephaestus Like you say, "How would we know?"

We know because many of us have mechanical watches and clocks which - unless you have interfered with the mechanism - provide an objective measurement of time.
Let's put it another way.
The OP is claiming that 24 hours goes past in the space of what used to be 16 hours. Which would mean that your clock hands would have to be in on the conspracy. Or maybe it's just that little green men nip out and whizz the hands round when we aren't looking

You misunderstood. Our OBSERVANCE of time is still the same, meaning clocks will not tip us off. The whole pondering of this thread was based on the notion that if clocks and rotation of the Earth don't tip us off, how would we actually know that an hour today is just as long as an hour was 20 years ago? We wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Go to the SOHO Satellite website and look at images of the sun in 1996, and compare those images to the sun today.

The Sun is spinning faster.

It may still take 365 days for the Earth to go around the sun, and 24 hours for the Earth to revolve. But if you were an observer OUTSIDE the solar system and watched our solar system from 1996 until now.....You'd notice we're spinning a whole heck of alot faster.

The only way we know we are spinning faster is because the sun ceased being a round ball and squatted down and bulged at its equator.....tell tail signs we're spinning faster.

"Time" is relative to the Observer.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

"Time" is relative to the Observer.

Ok. But how does our obsrvations of the heavenly bodies relate to the mechanics of clockwork ?
edit on 13-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
People will do just about anything these days for Flags.

The OP's link is total gibberish. I don't think the article contains a single complete sentence of fact or anything remotely resembling good, spoken English.

Proof ? What proof, OP? You found a nonsensical article on the web, then sensationalized it with "And there is proof of that..." as a caption.

Rubbish.

I would like EQUAL stars from everyone just for having to endur reading this garbage.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed how time reallllyyyyyy ddddrrrrrrraaaaaaaaggggggssssssssss when you read these threads?

Clearly this guy is out to restore the 24 hour day to its rightful place by this - good on ya mate!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

You misunderstood. Our OBSERVANCE of time is still the same, meaning clocks will not tip us off. The whole pondering of this thread was based on the notion that if clocks and rotation of the Earth don't tip us off, how would we actually know that an hour today is just as long as an hour was 20 years ago? We wouldn't.

No it's you who are misunderstanding. It has been claimed that time is speeding up - ie that we actually have less time at our disposal - so a day is actually shorter than it used to be. But this can't be. It would mean that mechanical clock hands have sped up in the process which is clearly nonsense.
The only thing that is changing is our PERCEPTION of time and this fluctuates according to individual circumstances.
edit on 14-11-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

As a person ages, arbitrary rates of time seem to pass more quickly because as a person gets older the seconds, minutes, etc. are constantly decreasing as a percentage of their total lifespan.

For instance, one year is ten percent of a ten year old's total lifespan. That one year is a significantly more profound amount of time for the ten year old then it would be for, say, a fifty year old where that one year is a relatively modest two percent of the older person's life.

I hope this makes sense to somebody!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Last time I checked it was still "one Mississippi".

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Earth spins round and round. Earth spins around the Sun. The spins around the center of the Milky Way.

Sometimes I think the longer people are on this planet, the dizzier they get.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Actually, it's all about flies.

A fly buzzing around your head will buzz at/about the same speed regardless if you are sitting in a car going 60 MPH or you're sitting in a jet going 500 MPH.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
When I was 5 years old, a year was a very long time. In fact, it was 1/5 of my entire life. Birthday to birthday and Christmas to Christmas seemed to take forever, because a year was such a large fraction of my life.

Now, I'm 37, and a year doesn't seem quite so drawn out now. Probably because I've gone through 36 full years already. From my relative perspective, a year is a far smaller percentage of the time I've been conscious.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Funny you should bring this up. I was talking to my wife last night and I said to her "Wth this week is just flying by, I don't know where my days and time are going anymore...?" She then told me she read that the Earthquake in Peru or Chile (cant remember which) actually changed the time by a fraction of a second..Which really wouldn't alter time by six hours, but I do feel that time has shortened some. Makes it worse when you work 8 hours a day and feels like you only got 4 hours of sleep >.>....But I degress.

Thought I would share that because it does feel that way to me sometimes.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Some days goes faster than others. It's just how much you pay attention to during the day and what you do as well. It really sucks that time flies when you're having fun. I wish time would fly when I'm bored and slow when I'm having fun. Anyway, the body works against fun. There are clocks called Nuclear Clocks that calculate time by radioactive decay which is occurs at a constant rate. The day is actually getting longer. We haven't had a 16 hour day in over a billion years. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Earth spins round and round. Earth spins around the Sun. The spins around the center of the Milky Way.

What do you suggest?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by ILikeStars

What do you suggest?

More tolerance for dizzy old people. Maybe an institution where we can send them to feel important and useful... like government. They can become law makers and make more laws, even though they themselves and those they are making the laws for do not know all the existing laws. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hephaestus
Reply to GSevern

[

Not sure if any of this makes sense, but all I know is that if time is moving faster, then the clocks are going right along with it, and so is the earth's rotation. Again, how would we know the difference? I don't think we would.

I agree with you. Lots of my friends and myself have all been baffled as to why we feel so drained all the time, it's not as though we all live a wild lifestyle (anymore
)...

Today's diets are carbohydrate-filled. Carbs make you tired.

I used to eat a sandwich for lunch (or a burger with fries), and I would feel totally drained at 2:00 PM. Once I stopped eating the sandwich bread, hamburger buns, and potatoes at lunch (cutting out most carbs), I know longer feel drained at 2:00, and I have energy for the rest of the day.

The same goes for dinner. Stop eating so many carbs at dinner (bread. potatoes, and sugary things), and you won't feel like crashing out on the sofa at 7:30 or 8:00 PM.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gseven

I see what you are saying. Here is something odd though: our physical movements are supposed to affect time-the faster we move the faster time is supposed to move-but for the last several months it seems to have an opposite effect with me. If I sit still the minutes fly by, and when I am steadily doing something, like my job, it drags on and on, and no, my job is not boring at all. It is not just time that seems different, but I do not want to derail this thread, I will only say there several other threads that have shown me I am not alone. Nice one OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gseven

Actually I, along with others, have noticed the second hand on clocks moving faster sometimes and moving slower at other times. Been seeing it more often lately. Sounds crazy, but start taking notice of the second hand. I have seen it on digital clocks as well. Watch the 2 blinking lights.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join