It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy movement shake-ups occur across Canada Why Evict Them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
VaSun
When you read the article you will notice a little Anti-Occupy propaganda as always,
Port Coquitlam resident Greg (no last given) (R) showed up at the Vancouver Art Gallery, November 5th, to voice his opinion about the Occupy Vancouver tent city.

Right so vancouversun among a milion residents in Port Coquitlam this somebody Greg R (No last name Gvien)
came up to the Occupy Vancouver tent city with a sign that reads End the tent city now? really Greg? why not ended it? what wrong have they done? you know the main parks arent the only ones you can go and freaking go to or walk with your dog.

In my opinion i believe Somebody Greg works with the Media otherwise i wouldnt believe a resident would show up like that atleast not that easily

Meanwhile else where in Canada.

More lying Mayors worried about the Public Safety? or just more Denial to deny free speech
Occupy london protesters get the boot

The dismantling of the park was not done to deny free speech or public assembly, Fontana said. Rather, it was done in a “respectful and reasonable” way to ensure public safety.

And as usual peoeple here in Canada are dam brainwashed by the TV as always
Cops Made Arrests in Occupy London

Canadian protesters have nothing to complain about. Go back to school or find a job, run for political office, but don't clutter up the park for others to use.

Really nothing to complain about? what about the words recession? dont they mean anything? this comment by oldlondonguy is beyond then a joke first when you go to school or college whatever 100% of the tmie your dreamjob may never even come.

Same goes for college here. colleges here are used as training schools for your job and usual only 70% of the time students do pass them, and some of them are lucky to find a job but for others it a lost cause and usual that leaves them in debt.

find a job, run for political office

run for political office? lol what an idotic statement to make 100% of the time people are born to lead and sometimes its there talent, you cant just run for political office just as easily its more harder then that idiot is making it sound like

As for the Job, What job? i am still looking for one, i wonder where are the jobs are they on the moon? i aint going to work those slave jobs.

Obviously these idiots are not productive members of society.

Seriously these comments are awful on the protesters some of those anti protesters dont even understand on what the meaning of a productive society stands for.
And look at this comment by CARD, Thank You CARD for proving my point about and how i feel about our eduction system as a whole.
CARD
We live amongst spoiled brats who live life without purpose. Lets protest and think of a reason later. Get a job a job - and put yourself in a position where you can make change. Not sure if any of you realize but you don't have public support.

Again how can you get a job if there are none that would support your family needs? atleast Theresa Simon-Worobec gets the point.

My god our Sheeps here are really out of touch with reality, i think they believe whatever the media tells them dont they?

Back on topic for my thread Why Evict Them? not one death have been reported elsewhere in Canada, among these other Occupy movements in Canada, i believe the city mayors are using those deaths and the supposed drug substance abuse excuses that came out of the Occupy movement.

I believe they are using these excuses to deny them there right to protest, they are denying the freedom of speech, just like they are in portland and speaking of portland, OWS itself has been pretty quiet havent they?

So why again why evict them?

edit on 13-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
VaSun

So why again why evict them?
interesting anytime they want to do something its under the guise of "keeping you safe". Right... remember every other time they've tried to keep us safe? Vaccines, fluoride, aspartame (cause sugar is bad for you!), war on organic farms (organic food = poison), pharmaceuticals, war on terror, TSA, patriot act, big brother, bailouts (to prevent the whole economy from collapsing right? Cause those banks are just too big to fail!),

I have yet to see anything alarmingly unsafe at any of the occupy movements, I can tell you the media and the establishment have been cherry picking the worst of the worst incidences and blowing them 100x out of proportion.
Yes there have been some undesirable legitimate incidences of unreasonable, idiotic behavior (you can make a giant post with URL's of all them if you like, I've seen most of them) but what do you expect?

There are crowds of hundreds of thousands of people out there, but the reality is no one is perfect. And I'm not saying these are ALL people who had nothing to do with occupy who are bystanders trying to delegitimize the movement.

But one thing for sure is OWS is out there to protest against the 0.001% who are no where near perfection in fact they are the total opposite and yet they hold most of the wealth and power in this world
edit on 13-11-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What I find interesting is the fact that these protests accomplished no progress on fighting the bankers or corporate moguls or government insiders. They all still retain incredible power. Why?

I turned on the news, here we are almost 2 months later into the protests and guess what?

The bankers are still ramping up their activities and throwing digital money around and collapsing nations that don't pay their debt, increasing austerity measures globally, etc.

The corporate moguls are still raking in the profits, increasing the prices on products, and enjoying themselves.

And the government insiders are still there on the inside, doing what they do, controlling the regulatory body in favor of their corporate buddies, drawing up new wars, etc.

The Mainstream Media controls what the mainstream public thinks, they have turned at least half the public against this movement, painted them as a bunch of communists, and kept the commercials running without interruption.

Why?

Because the method of protest is wrong. Because we are doing it all incorrectly, we are not utilizing a strategy that can actually cripple the powers that be, we are just playing into their hands and wasting a whole lot of time tied up in nonsense.

You wanna know how to really protest and make a difference? How to really put the hurt on these top dogs? I will tell you right now.

STOP BUYING THEIR CRAP!!!
Stop giving them your money. Stop paying for cable tv, stop using so much fuel, stop buying toys for your kids, stop buying new cloths, stop stop stop.

You vote with your $$$. If you buy their crap, it's a vote for "Yes I support this system". If you buy something made in Indonesia, Malaysia, or China, you are saying "Yes I support global slavery networks and I support the downfall of the US Economy". That's what you are voting for!!

Please just think about it for a minute people. Stop buying all this crap, you are actively voting their policies into power and keeping them in power.

If we just stopped throwing the money around at the wrong things, half of this system would collapse within a week. A week!! Not 2 months of standing there shouting in the cold accomplishing nothing. Within a week their chain of supply and their contracts would drop significantly and the whole gravy train would come to a halt.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I have been saying the same thing for weeks. The bankers and corporate ceo's don't care if people sit around in their own filth at public parks complaining. The protesters have only succeeded in turning more people against the cause.....

www.ajc.com...
www.ksl.com...
atlanta.cbslocal.com...
www.nbcnewyork.com...

.....those are just a few of the stories of death, disease and nastiness coming out of Occupy camps.

I was undecided for a few weeks about OWS, now I think it mostly consists of a bunch of homeless, anarchists and hippies who just can't hold a job so they want to blame 'The Man'.

Oh well folks time to grow up and get a job game over you lose.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As a Candian I can tell you there is not alot of support for the OWS and the media has done alot to make them look like fools. Everyday on q107 they play a song totaly insulting OWS and makes them seem like spoiled teenage crybabies who are on drugs.

I have a good job and a family so I never went to occupy Calgary but I support anyone who is protesting corruption and war profiteering by our so called elected officials. IMO this whole movement is just another divide and counquer tactic going to be used to further their agenda.

What do we even have to protest in Canada anyway? Right I get that alot, and that argument works unless you feel the same way as I do about breaking the backs of third world countries to get cheap goods or paying taxes to support wars for profit and killing civillans all over the globe? I might have it really good now but what about my kids? If corporations can continue to kill our environment what will be left for my grandkids? I dont want harmful chemicals being added to foods MY KIDS EAT!

I can go on but those are a few of the reasons that really anger me and even here in Canada I see the evil of this world spreading its influence. Most people are BRAINWASHED zombies and I really think tptb laugh their asses off at us.

My solution is to just not play their game anymore and dont buy their crap. I have no cell phone and try to buy every thing local fresh and organic. That to me can make a differance if more of us stick to certain principals and we wont need to occupy anything but our own minds.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Because they are a cancer on society: they are disease causing, disease spreading, violence producing, drug enabling, and social garbage....

Stop whining and get a job already... You're wasting tax money, wasting everyone's time, and not getting any closer to your "point" (whatever that is)...

Kids see this and now believe that they can whine for anything they want like hippies. Society has become a whining, never happy, always wanting more for nothing kind of place and it's ticking ALOT of people off.

Don't work, don't make money... Don't make efforts and sacrifices, and don't get anywhere in life... Life's unfair, bias, cruel, and if you don't take care of your own, you will suffer...

So go ahead, pitch up a tent in your cumbayah camping trip. I'll continue to rack up overtime, waiting to take all your signs and tents down, while you will walk away thinking "#, maybe I should have just been looking for a job, I'm 2 months behind in my payments..."...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Because they are a cancer on society: they are disease causing, disease spreading, violence producing, drug enabling, and social garbage....

Stop whining and get a job already... You're wasting tax money, wasting everyone's time, and not getting any closer to your "point" (whatever that is)...

Kids see this and now believe that they can whine for anything they want like hippies. Society has become a whining, never happy, always wanting more for nothing kind of place and it's ticking ALOT of people off.

Don't work, don't make money... Don't make efforts and sacrifices, and don't get anywhere in life... Life's unfair, bias, cruel, and if you don't take care of your own, you will suffer...

So go ahead, pitch up a tent in your cumbayah camping trip. I'll continue to rack up overtime, waiting to take all your signs and tents down, while you will walk away thinking "#, maybe I should have just been looking for a job, I'm 2 months behind in my payments..."...

Thank you for proving my point about us Canadians and how we are sheeps as we are been brainwashed by the media.

Really now? what do the words of recession mean anything to you?
how can you get a job if there none? like i said before finding jobs is alot harder now then it used to be that includes waiting a reply from the boss or a company, if you want me to work at oil industry forget it.

Did you even bother of reading the thread or did you just post this as a anti Occupy statement?

You're wasting tax money, wasting everyone's time
So if the Occupy movement is wasting tax money? what about the bombing of Libya? or the ongoing mission in afghanistan isnt that wasting tax money also?

I should have just been looking for a job

Good luck finding one, people that i have talked to here in toronto have been looking for a job for more then two to three years, it only gets worse on the youth part.

Because they are a cancer on society: they are disease causing, disease spreading, violence producing, drug enabling, and social garbage

From what i have seen the Canadian Occupy movement has been peacefully, i havent seen the reports of violence.

whining eh? its not whining people are fed, and people who cant find a job just want to express themself by protesting, and also you dont know what hippies tell me are they hippies because the media told you so they are?

We in Canada also have a recession, oh sure the elite class may not feel it because the recession wont be hurting them, but for the rest of us other Canadians we are already feeling it.

Havent you seen the prices at the stores lately Magnum007? and as for our unemployment rate sorry for saying this but i really dobut its still 7.3 percent, i think the unemployment rate may be alot higher then that.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

if you want me to work at oil industry forget it.

Hard to find jobs but you're still too good for an oil industry job right?

You're wasting tax money, wasting everyone's time
So if the Occupy movement is wasting tax money? what about the bombing of Libya? or the ongoing mission in afghanistan isnt that wasting tax money also?

At least some people (our soldiers) are working and making money unlike some people going camping instead of being productive Canadians...

Good luck finding one, people that i have talked to here in toronto have been looking for a job for more then two to three years, it only gets worse on the youth part.

Mc Donald's is always hiring, so are stores in malls. But wait, I guess those people are too good for those jobs...

whining eh? its not whining people are fed, and people who cant find a job just want to express themself by protesting, and also you dont know what hippies tell me are they hippies because the media told you so they are?

No because they are camping for no reason and getting nowhere but pissing off the rest of the country with their waste of resources...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Thanks again for proving my point how sheeples people can be when they are out of touch with reailty.

At least some people (our soldiers) are working and making money unlike some people going camping instead of being productive Canadians...

Now your advocating that the unemployed people young & old should join the military and die in afghanistan? for a a useless war with no ending in sight?

Military recruiters offices are Open Monday till Friday i am sure the Military recruiters will be happy to accept you.

Hard to find jobs but you're still too good for an oil industry job right?

You know where the oil industry jobs are in Canada do you?
those type of jobs have a life risk just like how you were advocating that the unemployed people to join the army.

Mc Donald's is always hiring, so are stores in malls. But wait, I guess those people are too good for those jobs...

Not in a million years would i ever work at a Mc Donald or at the mall, these type of jobs are the worst they pay people less then 10$ per hour and you call those placements jobs? and not mention what kind of stress they create.

Sounds to me you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Not in a million years would i ever work at a Mc Donald or at the mall, these type of jobs are the worst they pay people less then 10$ per hour and you call those placements jobs? and not mention what kind of stress they create.

This is the exact attitude (ungrateful, high nosed, selfish, little princess, I'm too good for anything other than welfare) that makes the OWS and other occupy people look and sound like idiots.

Then you people have the balls to complain that Mexicans are taking "your" jobs... What idiotic people...
edit on 11/11/13 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

This is the exact attitude (ungrateful, high nosed, selfish, little princess, I'm too good for anything other than welfare) that makes the OWS and other occupy people look and sound like idiots.

Then you people have the balls to complain that Mexicans are taking "your" jobs... What idiotic people...

First off your going off topic, secondly in that reply i only mentioned i wouldnt work at McDonald or at the malls because of the job conditions because they pay there workers less then they should be paying them more.

There are a few good people at those protestsrs, you cant just insult them all

Oh and as for welfare here in canada the welfare system gives you less then 500 dolalrs per month
how can someone live with that? if he has to pay for his rent that is over 1,000 or so?

Sounds to me no offence your an upset rich fellow that doesnt like the unemployed people.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
if the government had any ounce of intelligence, or perhaps even remorse, they would have swooped in like a hawk to sweep up these protestors with jobs ready.

"oh, you think we don't have your best interests at heart? heres a job"

if they don't take it, it's because they don't want it, at which case, the slander would become perfectly acceptable.

but for a lot, it's because they can't even find a part time job because they are all taken.

they use protestors to pay their cops paycheck, to pay the media's bill.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

First off your going off topic, secondly in that reply i only mentioned i wouldnt work at McDonald or at the malls because of the job conditions because they pay there workers less then they should be paying them more.

Simple math says that:
no job = 0$
some job = some $

someone who is desperate for money and complaining that there are no jobs should shut up and get ANY job they can while looking for something else... camping brings in 0$ in revenue and will not help finding a job...

Sounds to me no offence your an upset rich fellow that doesnt like the unemployed people.

I'm not rich, and I don't mind unemployed people if they can really genuinely not work because of disability, disease, or any incapacitating reason... What I can't stand, are people who complain that there are no jobs not because nobody is hiring, but because they refuse to work at certain places where there are job openings because they are "too good for this company" or "the principals do not fit mine"...

Boo hoo hoo... You have no job? Go sweep a floor if you have to while you look for something better. Don't sit there and whine and complain that you can't find anything and that nobody wants to hire you... It's funny how immigrants (legal or not) seem to always not care about what job they do as long as they make something to live on. You never hear them complain... Do you know why? BECAUSE THEY AREN'T SPOILED BRATS... They know the meaning of sacrifice and they know that they need to start somewhere...

Unlike the spoiled brats that are raised today to believe that everything is owed to them... "Screw Mc Donald's, they don't pay enough for what I'd have to do so I won't work for them... I'd rather go camping"...

reply to post by yourmaker

Some companies apparently tried to do that... (McDonald's dropped flyers) but the people are "too good" to work there... Just look at what Agent_USA_Supporter says about working there... He's too good for minimum wage and actually doing some work...

The problem is that people believe that they can find a job that pays them to do very little right off the bat. This generation believes that the world owes them everything and that they don't need to actually work to get money... They believe that people owe them jobs, that they "have a right" to everything they desire without working for it...

It's complete BS... LAZY ASS BS...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

First off it really does sound you got a attitude problem and your reply is showing it and secondly

Just look at what Agent_USA_Supporter says about working there... He's too good for minimum wage and actually doing some work...

people hate doing slave work jobs including those jobs that are dirty and which only pay you 4 $ dollars per i guess and also those jobs i mentioned arent in the category of the minimum wage but rather they belong in the category below minimum wage, jobs at McDonalds and malls per month wont give you 1.000$

Boo hoo hoo... You have no job? Go sweep a floor if you have to while you look for something better. Don't sit there and whine and complain that you can't find anything and that nobody wants to hire you...

Go sweep a floor eh?
thats not a job but slave labor and how much does that job give you again? oh thats right below minimum wage.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

people hate doing slave work jobs including those jobs that are dirty and which only pay you 4 $ dollars per i guess and also those jobs i mentioned arent in the category of the minimum wage but rather they belong in the category below minimum wage, jobs at McDonalds and malls per month wont give you 1.000$

And hippie camp will make you rich??? You are telling me that any job is worse than doing nothing? What kind of backwards logic is that???

Go sweep a floor eh? thats not a job but slave labor and how much does that job give you again? oh thats right below minimum wage.

Hippie camp doesn't give you any money so it's voluntary slave work... Plus you get benefits!!! A free disease with your tent location (usually TB)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Wow that was a clueless reponse no offence

And hippie camp will make you rich???

looks like you dont even know the words nor the Origins of the definition hippy let me back you up on that
Source Answers

You are telling me that any job is worse than doing nothing? What kind of backwards logic is that???

Well there are other ways of making money which by th way our education doesnt teach our kids, Teens that like how you can make a blog then have and make profits from it as long as your blog stands out and has good content and our education doesnt teach our kids,Teens how you can profits by other means on the net.

Sadly our education system here in Canada is a slave driven TPTB system where sometime high schools decide on which job you can work at.

High schools cant deicde that for our kids, the kids deicde there own future, i have seen from time to time when they go into the meeting with the school counselor he tells kids on what jobs they can work as adults?

Hippie camp doesn't give you any money so it's voluntary slave work... Plus you get benefits!!! A free disease

Sorry whats the disease is the Occupy movement trying to spread again can you please back it up with proof to your claim there.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So If I protest at Occupy London, in the UK, or at Occupy Glasgow? Does that mean I am a hippie. Oh Cool Peace Dude!

And just before I am shot down, I go at the weekends, I have a job so
. But I understand and agree with what they are protesting about!

new topics

top topics

join