It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next POTUS chosen or elected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The election between Bush junior and Al Gore for POTUS (president of the united states) made me question how such elections are done in the USA. The conviniant fact that George' brother was governeur of Florida and his state had to decide about the last numbers made things a little obvious to me.

The fairness of every POTUS election after that did I doubt...

What do you guys think? Will the next POTUS be elected of is it already a done made deal made by TPTB?
Who do you think will be the next "chosen" that way?
And how could the people prevent such corruption...if so?

While we are at it,.....what about other "elected" presidents of the USA? I know that some difficult or undesired presidents did not die of natural causes.

PS Please try to comment on all three, four questions if possible...

edit on 13/11/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I kind of doubt it matters. Either way we get the same basic economic policy - unregulated markets and consumption without production - and we get the same basic foreign policy - protect corporate interests abroad, and pay off Israel to keep American Christians voting for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Before they are elected they are selected. No one gets to be even a candidate for pres without being annointed. Those who make it into any high office are subject to COINTELPROesque tactics should the need arise.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that, it does not matter who you vote for, the government still gets in.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Appointed.

There were the Diebold machines which received a lot of attention under Bush thanks to blackboxvoting.org...

Because this form of rigging received too much attention, the establishment has enacted Plan B: the media.

The masses are easily controlled (assuming you believe their polls). Take a look at the pattern. They promoted Perry in the beginning and he accordingly surged in the polls. Then it was Cain's turn whose single straw poll victory received a non-stop chorus of media coverage, propelling him to front runner status. Cain seems to be sinking, next in line is Newt.

The establishment promotes you and the sheeple obey, which is why Ron Paul received 90 seconds of air time last night.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
TPTB choose and the easily fooled sheeple elect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If you don't know your history, then you can't fight effectively against the future lies.

Check out this website that covers the rigging of U.S. Elections

Rigged US elections

The most important way that elections in the US are rigged is not voter disenfranchisement, touch screen voting machines or tampered software in ballot scanners, but media manipulation of public consciousness about the candidates. There's also the differences between the ostensible level of politics (the three branches of co-equal government and the other nonsense taught to us in school), and the "deep politics" of how the military industrial intelligence complex really works. It's good to focus on some of the mechanics of manipulating ballot counting, but the deeper problems are much more entrenched and would take a societal wide consciousness shift to address. The 2008 "election" was a choice between the Rockefeller Republicans and the neo-cons, between the Council on Foreign Relations (Biden) and the American Enterprise Institute (McCain), between the old guard of foreign policy and the crazies. We need better choices than that if we are going to be able to use some of the rest of the oil for relocalization, renewable energy and "power down" strategies to mitigate the end of the age of oil.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I kind of doubt it matters. Either way we get the same basic economic policy - unregulated markets and consumption without production - and we get the same basic foreign policy - protect corporate interests abroad, and pay off Israel to keep American Christians voting for you.

What you say is that the POTUS has no say in what direction the policy of the governments goes. Isn't it so that the president has influence on decision making and even has the power to enforce certain laws? I must admit that I do not know much about how the US government works but why do many people think it is important who it will be. That they do not know it can be important for the welfare of their country is another question.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I can imagine if an american citizen who just seen your YT upload would not know to laugh or to cry. It seems that this is just one of many examples that TPTB are doing what ever they want because they know they will get away with it....investigation or not. I say this because I assume this never had a follow-up and nobody ever got thrown in jail.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
When I see a choice... I'll let you know.

They're like 1000 clones of Agent Smith from the Matrix. Get rid of one.. 5 more pop up in it's place.

The Republicans can barely be taken seriously, let alone be thought of as viable. Watching these debates... it's embarrassing.

Where's the plausible choice out of this bunch?

Romney?
He looks the part.. that's about the best thing you can say about him. He wants what everyone else in the room wants, as long as it gets him support. Now he's says he'll take us to war to stop Iran from getting nukes. Yay. His positions change daily it seems. It's the only way he's been able to stay competitive.

Gingrich?
He has the likeability factor of fingernails on a chalkboard. He is probably the brightest.. and certainly the most polished of the Rep. candidates. He also comes off as an a-hole. A proud to be an a-hole a-hole. Also another of those who'd favor war to stop Iran from nukes. Add that to some rather unpopular stances on civil rights, education, abortion, crime... etc etc.

Herman Cain?
He thinks God wants him to run. Apparently God doesn't want him to win, or his sexual harassment history would have remained a secret. An absolute embarrassment at times when speaking in public. The video of his views on abortion is beyond surreal...I think the man literally bamboozled himself with his own answers. 9 9 9 ... do the math Herman, or get someone to do it for you. Or is a heavier tax burden on the poor the best solution? Plus no foreign policy clue whatsoever. Uzbekistan .. look at a globe.

Rick Perry?
So far he's offended black people (with an unfortunate ranch name), Jews (foreign aid starts at 0 even for Israel), and The Department of Energy (oops) I don't think we can afford to find out how he'd insult the Chinese . Perry and Cain should debate each other. Just for comedy's sake. Stances on abortion, crime, education, environment, tax reform etc etc.. ill conceived. Likeable for his sense of humour though.

Michelle Bachmann?
Hello crazy... seriously, stop looking at me like that. Misinformation mixed with the fanaticism of Charles Manson. You scare me. If you and Sarah Palin were sisters... she'd be the smart one. She once said... "Well what I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too". ummm it was John Wayne GACY that was from your home town... must be something in the water. Also believes hurricanes and other disasters are warnings from God.

Rick Santorum?
The poster child for political scum. Financial scandal. Most of the slimey political things you can think of.. this guy probably has a hand in it somewhere. When he's not busy with that he's the anti-gay crusader. They named something after him.. I won't say what.. it's kind of gross. He's least popular in his own state.. that should speak for itself. It's nice to see him failing in the polls

Jon Huntsman?
Don't you guys have a one Mormon limit? Romney light anyone? Actually, he's not flip floppy like Romney... maybe bendable is a better word. Fairly moderate for a Republican. Only thing he seems passionate about is his media coverage. Consistently comes in last place in polls.. with this group... how can that not be depressing? Most common reaction to mentioning his name is :"Who?"

Is that it?

Oh yeah.

Ron Paul
Outspoken and with many reasonable ideas. Also some not too realistic ones. Hates the fed.. that's a good thing. Shifting federal responsibilities to the states is not good in every case. Seems strangely honest for a politician. That said he joined the Republicans because he thought it would allow him a better chance to win. It looks like he made a deal with the devil.. and now they're reducing his exposure at every turn. If your not a Republican... don't try pretending to be one.

and on the other side...

Mr. Obama
Apparently the change he was talking about was the 89 cents in his pocket. And I hope i don't have to hear him preach hope again. The promise of transparency.. I get it.. it's invisible.. so we can't see it... good one. The thing you seem to be best at is giving in to Republican demands. Your wife looks to have more backbone. And then all of the sudden... it's screw Congress.. send troops to Libya! You've become what you hated. Or maybe that's what you always were. I'd like to see you speak while Pelosi drinks a glass of water. Plus your response to the E.T. petition was insulting and patronizing. Charisma is no substitute for sound policy. You didn't get Osama .. a Navy Seal did.. you were just President when it happened.

What choice is there?

And what possible difference can it make... We're screwed ... coming and going. : /

edit on 13-11-2011 by Resinveins because: typo free... starting now

edit on 13-11-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Appointed by designed program.

Souls can be computerized bots, too.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Herman Cain has been selected. Passed his trial run with TPTB while serving in the FED. Splits the black vote down the middle (generational) so no suspicions will be raised.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Appointed

I don't feel we have a real choice in the matter. We already know about Diebold and the rigging which has gone on which many people seem to ignore or not believe.

Next we really don't get to choose who runs for office, they get chosen for us and then we try to figure out which one will cause the least damage. We then head to the voting booth with Diebold machines.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I no longer support having an elected politician as our head of state. I don't care if he/she is appointed or elected. I don't want an executive presidency.

The only way I support remaining a republic is if the president's role is reformed into a largely ceremonial position as the head of state, with the head of the majority party in the House of Representatives becoming the head of government.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Thank you for the list and its contens. That sums it up...and it is terrible. It makes me think about motion pictures....these politicians live in a fantasy world or they think we are.....probably the latter.

Lost touch with reality, because we all like to watch soap tv-series from cradle to the grave, and what happens there is how real life is.....is what they think....

And maybe they are right because the majority of the US people swallow it like cake.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Little interest in this thread....hot patato maybe...secretly afraid the NSA is reading your opinion?

Few people say they do not care anymore about who will be elected because it will make no diffrence. I hope these few opinions are not average look on things by the US voters.

I remember the day when obama got elected, how people cried and (almost) considered him the saviour of the country. How did these voters came in from the cold..

Would it will be the same if Ron Paul would be elected? The most important thing for a candidate to do is how to make the people belief in you, how well they are able to convince the voters to come along for the ride to change.

Once elected it doesn;'t matter anymore...all p[romisses are out the window and will it be working for the army and wall street as usual. And again the people will be betrayed by their president....and again there will be a potential candidate go in opposition and will tell the people what is wrong with the country and that he will do what is right for the people once elected after the next elections. the game starts all over again.

That is what is happening the last decade or so.....

edit on 14/11/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Depressing comments so far, but not at all surprising. I don't think we've really elected our leaders in America in a long time, if ever. The month of recounting and legal wrangling in Florida in 2000 woke me up to that, and probably woke me up to contemporary conspiracy theories in general. It was so obvious that the whole election was a sham - and if that was a sham, what else was? And down the rabbit hole we go....

In my opinion, JFK was the last POTUS who tried to push back against the truly powerful people. But I think he was just as vetted and selected as the rest, and then turned on them after coming into office. That's just my opinion, and I don't have anything in particular to back it up.

As for the next (s)election? I think Obama will win again, beating Romney and Paul in a tight three-party race. And I think there are plenty of people who know all this already.

No proof for any of this, but you asked for speculation... enjoy! I'm looking forward to reading what other people think.

new topics

top topics

join