It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First politician to win with an Occupy Wall Street platform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

His name was on the lips of everyone I talked with in South Korea last week. As an underdog with little name recognition but a long history of progressive organizing, he came from behind late last month to become the new mayor of Seoul. Remember his name. Park Won Soon is perhaps the first politician to win with an Occupy Wall Street platform.

www.fpif.org...

Just though I would share this with ATS. For all those OWS haters and armchair critics out there who are saying OWS will make no difference. The world is changing at a remarkable rate and change is coming with or without you.
I do not really like to refer to the movement as OWS as that in my eyes is just a small part of a much bigger movement that can be traced back to Wikileaks and the Arab Spring..
One day we will be able to look back and see that we are truly living in amazing times and that history is being written around us..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This thread sucks.. six stars and not one insie winsie comment...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What this all appears to be is the first part of the Cyber war that R. Talsorian wrote about in Cyberpunk 2013, 2020, and 203X. It is great that this politician won in Korea. If only we can get them in ALL countries, and ALL positions. Perhaps we will see actual change.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yeah it would be incredible to see this kinda thing the world over....but until more and more peeps realise the changes that need to take place. then, they can begin to help create solutions and make the changes that are so desperately needed....

I hope this spreads further and further.....fingers crossed

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
We might see brand new political parties sprouting up around the world now, the ball could be starting to roll at last.

What a refreshing change it would be to have a government which tells the corporations what to do, instead of the other way round like it is now.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Yes it is refreshing. It is amazing to see awaking of a transnational movement in progress..

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

I have not heard of R. Talsorian, but it does in my eyes tie in with the present cyber war.. The whole thing is like one big wave across the world...

new topics

top topics

join