It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope: Pedophilia Was "Fully In Conformity With Man And Even With Children"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by rebellender

Sodom and Gomorrah had no good people in it once Lot left. Would God fire blast the cave of a righteous man after just telling Abraham he would not do it to the city if he were there?

I am indeed passing judgement on your lack of scriptural knowledge. Because you don't know it. That is perfectly changeable by knowing it. Be it smugness or combativeness, Bible says right in it to be ready with fast feet in the boots of scriptural truth. Stand against sin, but indeed combative in false teachings. So yes, I am being combative for this reason.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

rave on its your story now...have fun with it, bye bye

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
what almost everybody in this thread has failed to understand is that, like most things, what was said was taken out of context. the pope was actually vilifying pedophilia. and this article subscribes to the uninformed. DENY ignorance folks. that's what this forum is about. if you aren't willing to do the research yourself and only listen to hear-say then you are no better than the ignorance we are trying to suppress.

that being said he could have taken a stronger stance against this, but that can be said about most people our day and age against evil.
edit on 14-11-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

Probably so and a reference to normal could be that Pedofilia is no more or less prominent than any Fundamentalist Church. If its happening in the Catholic Church its also happening in the other faiths equally.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The same basic principles were taught by Paul and existed prior to the Babylonian Talmud. The Babylonian Talmud wasn't compiled until 400-500 years after the Council of Jerusalem.

I have reason to suspect that you are a Christian, therefore I will write as to a Christian. Christians like quotes, therefore:

I Corinthians 3:21
Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, 22 whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come. All are yours, 23 and you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s.

If you find principles in the writings by which you choose to live, then take them as your own. Mikeboyd's 5 Rules or Mikeboyd's 7 Rules to live by.

There's no good reason to bend the knee and carry water for some powerful worldwide organization's list of 7 Laws.

As for interpretation, its up to the courts that are expected to be established as per the 7th law. So no, the rabbinical courts would not be the ultimate authority, but instead a Christian equivalent. . .

Now all the rest is your own rationalization as if you personally will be in charge of setting this up. Guess what? The powers behind the big push for 7 Noah Laws don't care a lick about your opinions about it. They'll laugh and kick you in the teeth after all the work you do helping them get it instituted into national law.

There's a wikinoah.org! Here's a sample:

Laws of Kings and their Wars, Chapter 8
9 A Yefas to'ar that does not want to put down idolatry, after the twelve month[4] receives capital punishment.[5] Likewise with the city that submits, no treaty is made with them until they have denounced idolatry, destroyed all its places, and have taken upon themselves the rest of the commandments[6] that were commanded to Noahides. Any non-Jew who does not accept the laws that were commanded to Noahides receives capital punishment[7] if he is within our jurisdiction.[8]

10 Moshe Rabbenu gave the Torah and the commandments as an inheritance only to Israel[9], as it is written: "[The Torah is...] an inheritance of the congregation of Jacob" (Deuteronomy 33:4). Anyone who wants to may convert from the other nations, as it is written "as with you, [the same shall be] as with the convert" (Numbers 15:15). Anyone who does not wish to is not compelled to accept the Torah and commandments. Instead Moshe Rabbenu commanded, at the word of the Almighty, to compel all those who come into the world to accept the commandments which were commanded to Noah.[10] Anyone who will not accept, receives capital punishment.[11] One who accepts these [basic laws] is called: Ger Toshav in every place.[12] It is necessary to receive him in front of three Torah Scholars.[13] And all who have taken upon themselves to circumcise, and twelve months have past without circumcision, behold this person is like a heretic among the nations.[14]

edit on 14-11-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

you know you could just say you didn't know what you were talking about, but now you go and say it must be equal in other faiths?

Why?

Establish the constant and variable by which you assume this by.

IDK. If I were you I'd stop while I can and run away. Because now you're just plopping assumptions everywhere and I simply will not have that on ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Lovelyful
reply to post by purplemer

Pope Benedict XVI, he looks evil. Don't trust a man with small, beady eyes.

Errrm, don't trust someone whose avatar shows them in a nurses outfit covered in blood? Never set your thoughts based on features they have no control over.

Yeah, well, when someone gives me a bad vibe...I usually trust it. By the way...I am not my avatar. Explain how a cartoon could be me in a nurses outfit?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

the system would exist outside the criminal or civil legal system, ensuring the division of church and state. Instead it would only matter to members of said churches as an internal system. There would be no criminal penalties, but instead the worse penalty would be expulsion from the organization.
Anyone I see having this line, such as you present, I believe you all are given a script, meaning I suspect you as being an agen of Zionists to promote this.
Now the reason I bring this up is to make a point which is the trouble these people are going to, in order to see this court power over us put in place. If they are going to this much trouble to sell this idea and get people to accept it, then it because they have definite plans and those plans are not to be excommunicating people, it is to KILL people. These people behind this Noahide Law business believe in operating by deception so this explains your script you are reading off of.
Your scenario you present is highly delusional, if you actually believe in what you are writing. Otherwise, it is highly deceptive to normal people who are lulled into complacency.
Think about SWAT teams, anyone who is old enough to remember when there was not such a thing. It was introduced by claiming it would only be used in specific situations where there was a madman who was taking hostages and killing them one at a time. Guess what, that sort of thing has never occurred and now we have SWAT teams busting into homes and shooting people on a regular bases. My point is that once you allow something to be introduced under a false pretense, then it is too late to stop it once it starts killing people on a regular bases because at that point you will be afraid that you will be hauled into court and have your head cut off for presuming to question their authority which is given by God, which questioning of them makes you a blasphemer.

edit on 14-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What caused the split was not the Noahide laws,
You are following a fantasy history which supports the other side (other to my side, Christians, I think you must support the anti-christ side).
What I meant had nothing to do with what you are talking about, with the non-Jew converts being circumcised or not, I mean the Jews who accepted Jesus and became Christians who were driven away from Judaism by the decrees against them by the rabbis who worked to prevent them from having any part in the saying of any Jewish prayers. What I mean specifically is this concept where you have this council who sets themselves up as the judge over everybody and just do what comes naturally for people who do things like grasp for power, they make decrees that are destructive in order to be able to see their own power.
And you want to fling yourself under the jack-boots of your would-be oppressor and pave the way and knock down defenses against them to smooth their path for your false messiah. You are the prophet of the anti-christ who will be thrown into the lake of fire along with the idolatrous image you gather people to worship.
edit on 14-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

you know you could just say you didn't know what you were talking about, but now you go and say it must be equal in other faiths?

Why?

Establish the constant and variable by which you assume this by.

IDK. If I were you I'd stop while I can and run away. Because now you're just plopping assumptions everywhere and I simply will not have that on ATS.

Thankyou for sharing

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL!

Please stay focus on the actual topic Pope: Pedophilia Was "Fully In Conformity With Man And Even With Children"

And don't make it personal.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ephebophilia, or the sexual desire for adolescent boys, has always been a hallmark of homosexuality, as shown by numerous scientific studies, and as admitted by "gay" leaders themselves on many occasions.

Homophile groups are exploiting the current crisis in the Church in order to achieve their goals, a classic strategy of infiltration and subversion. Many of these groups vocally supported "man-boy love" in the 1960s and 1970s. Now the same groups are attacking the Church because pedophile priests followed their advice and became "boy-lovers!"

The primary goal of those attacking the Church is to publicly destroy its moral authority so that people will not heed its teachings that homosexual behavior is sinful, and that homosexual "marriage" is a fraud.

A secondary goal of these groups is to eliminate the requirement for celibacy among priests. However, married Protestant clergy have a larger rate of child sexual molestation as Catholic priests, proving that celibacy has nothing at all to do with pederasty.

In summary, there are many attacking on the Pope specifically and the Roman Catholic Church generally because of the sex abuse crisis. However, these individuals and organizations are not motivated by a desire to enlighten mankind or protect the innocent, since the crisis has already largely subsided, and stringent means have been enacted to prevent the abuse from reoccurring. Rather, the motivation appears to be more one of bigotry and a desire to muzzle and sideline the Church's moral opposition to the "gay rights" movement.

READ THE ABOVE, IT'S A REPOST.

THIS IS PENN STATE at present. Wake up. The homosexual act is a grave
sin in God's eyes. Damning unless you repent and confess sodomy to God
before you die. There are many perversions among sodomites.

The underlined is one of them.

Libs take a hike, pray for once. Anti-Catholics change, you won't make it through Great Tribulation which is almost here.

pages and pages of hate, Jesus mercy,

colbe

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
ATTENTION ALL!

Please stay focus on the actual topic Pope: Pedophilia Was "Fully In Conformity With Man And Even With Children"

Thank you.

Moderator,

I haven't been here in a couple of days, aren't we in the end of times. Talk about
the persecution of the true faith.

Yikes!!!

colbe

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

reply to post by purplemer

Purplemer even asked how could the Pope say such things? The Pope said it because he was talking about what has happened in society, not how it should be according to the Scriptures. This applies to the distant past as well as today. Unfortunately, purplemer took the Pope's comments out of context.

Let me give an illustration. The Bible says, "Judas went out and hung himself." "Go out and do likewise." Both comments are in the Bible but they're taken out of context and combined to give a very wrong impression.

Many liberals agree with NAMBLA that sex should be an individual choice even among children, including child/adult sex. There was even a UN treaty that tried to codify this. It even said that parents should have no right to interfere in such decisions.

But the Pope wasn't condoning such things no matter how much purplemer tries to imply otherwise. By the way, I'm not Catholic.

Does this help explain the matter?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The moral hysteria present in this thread which prevents anyone from even considering an appraisal of the factuality of the Pope's utterances is most telling. Whenever the issue is even mentioned, anywhere, we are left with a contest in which those involved attempt to outdo one another in expressing their "moral outrage" . Hang 'em! Castrate 'em! Burn 'em alive! Three or four centuries ago and you'd all of you have been throwing "witches" into ponds to see if they'd sink or float.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is a complete misquote. The pope was attacking the liberal attitude towards acceptance of peadophilia in the 1970's (largely due to the influences of Alfred Kinsey) during this speech. So totally the opposite of the accusations of the OP.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thank you.
That would probably mean me.
I don't know anyone to where I can make an accurate determination of their motives. I was mainly trying to get at this script I keep seeing people apparently reading off of, which indicates to me that there is a great desire on someone's part to push this thing through, which has to do with the OP of this thread. The Pope was taking the blame away from the predatory priests and placing it on the general population who need an additional later of government, an ecclesiastical authority to rule over people not already affiliated with a major religious institution, I guess so that homosexuals will be driven underground, which I do not see the logic of. So this could not possibly be the real goal of this punishing religious authority of the Medieval variety complete with burning of witches, but just another power grab for the parasite class of psychopaths of the world to extract the wealth of the people for themselves while at the same time deriving a sick pleasure.
I have no power myself to condemn anyone to hell, nor would I wish to have, but I am concerned about people who have been approached by this new ascending shadow government, to persuade then to support their cause by using trickery and lies to make them feel like they are somehow doing God's work.
This is the sort of thing the Pope desires and said so when he fist became Pope and was to give an inaugural speech, which is to institute a way to force compliance of Church edicts upon all the world, for the sake of his own institution, caring nothing about the actual people who have to live under this proposed tyranny.
Now we see him using his own evil and personal sin to justify an oppressive situation to crush OUR sins while their own is allowed to flourish and they are allowed to take their own pleasure from those now their personal slaves.
edit on 15-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Thanks for once again highlighting your bigotted views

I thought you told us SF/NYC is about to get destroyed by god because of those evil gays...we're still waiting

You might wanna wake up and realize it's the 21st century and not the middle ages any longer...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

That's not an answer, fyi. You must support your claims. Otherwise you're just trolling.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

This is the sort of thing the Pope desires and said so when he fist became Pope and was to give an inaugural speech, which is to institute a way to force compliance of Church edicts upon all the world, for the sake of his own institution, caring nothing about the actual people who have to live under this proposed tyranny.

Now we see him using his own evil and personal sin to justify an oppressive situation to crush OUR sins while their own is allowed to flourish and they are allowed to take their own pleasure from those now their personal slaves.

I've been reading over various speeches by the Pope to find where he laid it out this way. I remember reading one of them a few years ago but haven't been able to find the exact one I remembered. Inaugural you say?

I'm looking for the one where he's almost quoting Kabbalah about full human soul only exhibited by followers of the Major Religions and all other humans are less than complete souls.
edit on 15-11-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That's not an answer, fyi. You must support your claims. Otherwise you're just trolling.

Look Gorman91, I know it's a little hard for you but please TRY your best to deny IGNORANCE

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

. . . speeches by the Pope to find where he laid it out this way.
That my be more an interpretation, from memory, from a couple years ago. I posted something a long time ago in Conspiracies in Religion, on a thread about Sunday laws. Whatever information I had on it was probably on my older computer that ended up being reformatted. It was just something I found doing Google searches for Sunday Laws and the Pope.

Here is one thing I found interesting and looks to have something to do with the topic of this thread:

The RCC “makes its contribution (in the ethical and moral sphere) according to the dispositions of international law, helps to define that law, and makes appeal to it”, that we live in a time when little groups of independent people threaten the unity of the world, and that the only way to combat this problem is by establishing law and then ordering all of society according to this law, thus promoting “peace and good will throughout the earth.” (Apostolic Journey to the United States of America and Visit to the United Nations Organization Headquarters, Meeting with the Members of the General Assembly of the United Nations Organization, Address of Pope Benedict XVI, New York, Friday, April 18, 2008.)
Sunday Law Coming

This may be have been the speech I was talking about in the much earlier post I was referring to above:

These comments came just a few months after similar statements at a mass celebrating the closing of the 24th National Eucharistic Congress on May 29. In front of 200,000 in the Italian city of Bari, Benedict declared that the reinforcement of Sunday worship is fundamental to his mission.
the Trumpet
This was a 2005 publication so when it says May 29, that would be in that year, which was the year he became Pope.
edit on 15-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join