It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what would you like to see? In regards to OWS - And your OWN theoretical 'revolution.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I guess the obvious theme around here, especially as of late, is that people want some kind of "change." What kind of change? Well, that's exactly what I'm asking you. There are so many different opinions on things, such as OWS, The Tea Part, this and that, and so on. But what would you like to see? And how would you go about carrying out a well organized, straight to the point, 100% valid, successful and well perceived movement... in order to carry out your own vision of a better nation and/or world?

What would your 'deceleration' look like, in comparison to theirs? And if you controlled it, do you think you would be able to accomplish more than they already have? And more than they will in the long run?

Instead of questioning their attempts to make something happen... could you do it better?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The 99% don't want to catch what these 1% loafers are incubating, it's a clear losing situation for OWS.
The 99% would like to see them go home and bathe.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Lol, no... it's the '1%' percent that doesn't want to catch what the 'protesters' are incubating. The 99% supporters should be very keen, in requesting that the occupation continue. Implementing the use of biological warfare. Haha, so I guess your first step would be to install full working showers at your encampments? Lol, hey that's a step.

Indifference

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

I want those that have more money than some small countries to be forced to redistribute that wealth to those that work 3 jobs and barely manage to eat.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Don't waste your time asking what the idiots want as they'll only come to your thread to attack you, demonize you and call you everything under the sun instead of offering one solution.

Read my thread here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
In general;

1. White collar criminals jailed for their crimes...not slapped on the wrist and given a bigger bonus to put the smile back on their face.

2. Politicians who use our military for offence, as opposed to defence, held accountable.

3. Intelligence agencies to actually use some intelligence and be entirely independent of political persuassionists.

4. Localism to become 'trendy'.

5. The EU to disintegrate as the failed experiment it actually is. It was sold to a previous generation as a trade organisation - it has become a litigation monster made up of faceless officials that involves itself in the minutiae of our daily lives.

6. For China to no longer be permitted to peg its currency value to the US dollar...to give the rest of the world a chance.

7. Professional lobbying to be made illegal.

8. An end to government by corporation.

9. Those obviously guilty of crimes that amount to treason to actually face the consequences of their actions.

In particular;

10. For Tony Blair and his cabal to face criminal charges of fraud and war crimes.

a. Fraud - By defrauding the UK population that he was leader of the labour party - he was NOT - he was the lead of 'New Labour' which is Britain's newest political party. The Labour party still exists but is starved of funds due to Tony's trickery.

b. War Crimes - For leading his country into two unjustified and illegal wars for the sake of his overblown ego.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The overall point is to reclaim government from the corporate interests that have captured it.

The integral motion is to disrupt the Dealer-Junkie relationship between finance, and the money-addicts in our government. There are two ways to accomplish this, I think.

1) Economic disruption. Strikes, boycotts, occupations, and literal disruptions ("party crashing") Hit the financial class in the wallets - they have more to lose than the rest of us, after all. Already banks are turning a part o their finances towards new ad campaigns to attempt to mollify us (Bank of America is sending out $5 gift cards... whooptie poop!) . In other words, the very tactic of sitting down where we're "not supposed to" (you know, in public spaces bought and maintained with money we pay in taxes?) and speaking out is making them start to fold. It's bringing awareness to the rest of the nation, how big a problem the wealth disparity and exploitation is in our nation. Seems even some of the political class is starting to notice. Also noticeable is that we don't roll it all up and go home at five.

2) Nonviolent resistance. A key point of the success of people and movements like the Labor movement,Gandhi and the American civil rights movement, was essentially getting your ass beat without fighting back. The people saw their fellows getting beaten, bloodied, and killed by their government, and demanded the government halt and listen to the charges of hte protestors. Question is, how much time, how much blood will it take? It took forty years for Universal Suffrage and Labor alike. it took twenty for India. It took ten for the civil rights movement. The progress of communication technology seems to have a meaningful impact.

either way, we have an opportunity to reclaim our government. Either by exploiting junkie logic, or by mass demand. When this opportunity is presented, it must be taken, and taken hard. In either case, the target is the money. Disrupt that connection, and you get your opportunity.

Once Americans are back in control of the American government, the next step is to address the big issue - poverty, massive inequalities in our society, and exploitation both domestic and abroad. There must be a return to the social contract between the government and the governed - that the government's role is not to attack its own people at the behest of corporate interests, but to defend its people from harm and seek their welfare and betterment; and if you don't think poverty is harmful, then you are a very fortunate person for having never been there yourself.

There are numerous methods that can be taken here - re-regulation, a return to meaningful, progressive taxation with loopholes closed throughout, amendments to forbid private funding of candidates, amendments to overturn the inane SC decision that made corporations persons, a "New new deal," all sorts of things could work to return the ownership of our government to "we the people."

One damn thing is certain - a company does not hire people who promise ot undermine that company. We cannot afford to vote for politicians who promise to destroy our government. We are living in the result of that idiocy.

Whatever the "and then" plan is - and so far, most are perfectly good ones - the crux is getting that moment where we can snatch our nation out of the hands of the nondemocratic, globally-financed interests now holding it hostage for ransom.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
The overall point is to reclaim government from the corporate interests that have captured it.

The integral motion is to disrupt the Dealer-Junkie relationship between finance, and the money-addicts in our government. There are two ways to accomplish this, I think.

1) Economic disruption. Strikes, boycotts, occupations, and literal disruptions ("party crashing") Hit the financial class in the wallets - they have more to lose than the rest of us, after all. Already banks are turning a part o their finances towards new ad campaigns to attempt to mollify us (Bank of America is sending out $5 gift cards... whooptie poop!) . In other words, the very tactic of sitting down where we're "not supposed to" (you know, in public spaces bought and maintained with money we pay in taxes?) and speaking out is making them start to fold. It's bringing awareness to the rest of the nation, how big a problem the wealth disparity and exploitation is in our nation. Seems even some of the political class is starting to notice. Also noticeable is that we don't roll it all up and go home at five.

2) Nonviolent resistance. A key point of the success of people and movements like the Labor movement,Gandhi and the American civil rights movement, was essentially getting your ass beat without fighting back. The people saw their fellows getting beaten, bloodied, and killed by their government, and demanded the government halt and listen to the charges of hte protestors. Question is, how much time, how much blood will it take? It took forty years for Universal Suffrage and Labor alike. it took twenty for India. It took ten for the civil rights movement. The progress of communication technology seems to have a meaningful impact.

either way, we have an opportunity to reclaim our government. Either by exploiting junkie logic, or by mass demand. When this opportunity is presented, it must be taken, and taken hard. In either case, the target is the money. Disrupt that connection, and you get your opportunity.

Once Americans are back in control of the American government, the next step is to address the big issue - poverty, massive inequalities in our society, and exploitation both domestic and abroad. There must be a return to the social contract between the government and the governed - that the government's role is not to attack its own people at the behest of corporate interests, but to defend its people from harm and seek their welfare and betterment; and if you don't think poverty is harmful, then you are a very fortunate person for having never been there yourself.

There are numerous methods that can be taken here - re-regulation, a return to meaningful, progressive taxation with loopholes closed throughout, amendments to forbid private funding of candidates, amendments to overturn the inane SC decision that made corporations persons, a "New new deal," all sorts of things could work to return the ownership of our government to "we the people."

One damn thing is certain - a company does not hire people who promise ot undermine that company. We cannot afford to vote for politicians who promise to destroy our government. We are living in the result of that idiocy.

Whatever the "and then" plan is - and so far, most are perfectly good ones - the crux is getting that moment where we can snatch our nation out of the hands of the nondemocratic, globally-financed interests now holding it hostage for ransom.

That was a bunch of identifying problems, congrats...

Banks are bad, mmkay... wealth disparity, and..."Disrupt that connection, and you get your opportunity." what?
I'd like to know what that means lol, you want to make sure that none of these companies make any money, hope to bring down a few, and then what? ...so confusted.

I will agree that there is a problem with government and corporations, but I truly don't see that as being the base of the problem... How can a country spend so much on foreign aid,
fund multiple wars all the dang time,
pay everyone for health and welfare.
Have a military industrial complex, and keep hundreds of bases around the world open,
compete with china and unfair labor practices in which steal jobs from the US, China also distorts the market,
the Federal Reserve doesn't allow for a bubble to pop, the housing market and banks was a sham, and still mostly is...

Here's some options that maybe should be tried on for size... recognizing that this is a much bigger issue than just the american government and corporations,
Federal Reserve,
and China
and Foreign Aid
And Ron Paul

Until those two problems are solved, you're truly not going to do anything important, so have fun revolutionizing your city people, unfortunately it's a little bit different than just a snatch and grab, for that entails a little more than just 'taking it over and back' type of thing.... It's going to take 12-16 years I'm sure, hope it can't last much longer

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by iunlimited491

I want those that have more money than some small countries to be forced to redistribute that wealth to those that work 3 jobs and barely manage to eat.

So you support robbery, confiscation of personal property, and extortion all with the threat of bodily harm. Good to know there are humanitarians like you out there protecting our rights.

OP:

I want the government to stop giving favor to corporations. If the government didn't have the power to do that, the banks, corporations, and investment houses wouldn't be able to curry favor with them.

I want our government to stop making war profitable.

I want our government to stop making poor people more poor by taxing them into oblivion.

I want our government to follow the Constitution like it's legally supposed to.

Wall Street and rich people are not the problem. Government is.

/TOA
edit on 13-11-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think if there is to be a true revolution the only way we can win will be through gorilla warfare. The people going up against the military will be akin to the military going up against an alien invasion. The main military action against a superior army will be gorilla warfare also. I am not advocating such action yet but the evidence for the population being covertly attacked is growing. If the evidance finally shows we are indeed under attack then we have every right to defend our families and ourselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
1. Implement fully HR6550 (The NEED Act) - its ready and waiting to go..................

H.R.6550

2nd Edit to Add -
"To create a full employment economy as a matter of national economic defense; to provide for public investment in capital infrastructure; to provide for reducing the cost of public investment; to retire public debt; to stabilize the Social Security retirement system; to restore the authority of Congress to create and regulate money, modernize and provide stability for the monetary system of the United States, retire public debt and reduce the cost of public investment, and for other public purposes."

A must read for anyone that has not seen it before

Edit to Add -

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor,
it cannot save the few who are rich."

John F. Kennedy, inaugural address, January 20, 1961
35th president of US 1961-1963 (1917 – 1963)

edit on 13-11-2011 by ukWolf because: As Above

edit on 13-11-2011 by ukWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
That was a bunch of identifying problems, congrats...

I'm sorry. I don't intend to dumb myself down to five-second soundbytes to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Banks are bad, mmkay... wealth disparity, and..."Disrupt that connection, and you get your opportunity." what?
I'd like to know what that means lol, you want to make sure that none of these companies make any money, hope to bring down a few, and then what? ...so confusted.

I'm sorry, is English not your first language? 'Cause i'm not sure how to make it much clearer. The problem is the power corporate money exerts over our government - Corporations essentially buy the legislation they want. Th key to solving this problem is to first, break the connection between government and financing. I outlined how this can be accomplished - either by scaring the financiers (they tend to be a panicky bunch, all told) or by forcing the government to take action.

I will agree that there is a problem with government and corporations, but I truly don't see that as being the base of the problem...

Well, the saying is that common sense isn't especially common.

How can a country spend so much on foreign aid,

Compared to our GDP, we spend pretty much nothing on foreign aid, actually. 0.1%, in fact.

fund multiple wars all the dang time,
Have a military industrial complex, and keep hundreds of bases around the world open,

The wars are a result of the military-industrial complex. The military-industrial complex is made up of those companies you "don't feel are the base of the problem."

pay everyone for health and welfare.

All of which - from mandatory spending like Social Security, all the way down to the tiniest discretionary expenditure (food stamps!) takes up about 13% of our GDP. Okay, we completely cut out welfare, social services, foreign aid, and what the heck, let's purge earmarks from every piece of budgetary legislation... Okay, that frees up 13.3% of our GDP. 'Course, that DOES leave millions of Americans wallowing in total poverty.

compete with china and unfair labor practices in which steal jobs from the US, China also distorts the market,
the Federal Reserve doesn't allow for a bubble to pop, the housing market and banks was a sham, and still mostly is...

All of which is the result of those companies that you don't think are the problem... buying legislation. Our companies are moving overseas because they paid legislators to deregulate them so that they could. The Fed and its Buddy-Banks are raking money hand over fist because - again - they lobbied successfully for massive deregulations!

Here's some options that maybe should be tried on for size... recognizing that this is a much bigger issue than just the american government and corporations,
Federal Reserve,
and China
and Foreign Aid
And Ron Paul

Yeah, where would this be going without a mandatory Ron Paul bumper sticker...

The Federal reserve is a corporation.
China is sucking our jobs due to corporate deregulation and anti-protectionism.
Foreign aid is a pittance - and most of it goes towards (get this!) corporations. We pay McDonalds to advertise in Indonesia, and file that under "foreign aid."
And Ron Paul would deregulate more.

Until those two problems are solved, you're truly not going to do anything important, so have fun revolutionizing your city people, unfortunately it's a little bit different than just a snatch and grab, for that entails a little more than just 'taking it over and back' type of thing.... It's going to take 12-16 years I'm sure, hope it can't last much longer

We'll see. None of us are expecting immediate results. That's the five second soundbyte crowd. You know, the sort thatforget everything you say to them in the span of an eyeblink.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
So you support robbery, confiscation of personal property, and extortion all with the threat of bodily harm. Good to know there are humanitarians like you out there protecting our rights.

In your topsy-turvy world, car thieves are robbed when police return the car to the titled owner, aren't they? Tell the truth now, TOA. They stole it fair and square, right? if you didn't WANT you car stolen, you wouldn't have left it in your garage, am I right?

The people who, as the poster put it, "have more wealth than some nations" got that money mostly through robbery. Massive unwarranted tax breaks and loopholes are theft of public property. Fractional banking isn't an actual business. The private equity "industry" is out-and-out theft of both public and private wealth. "Saving money" by employing slave labor overseas is also theft.

A CEO doesn't make 1,723% more money than his employees because he's a "hard worker" and "provides a service." He makes that much money because he's a thief.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Our government reflects our own consciousness. If we elevate our consciousness as a whole, starting with you and I, the government would instantly have to change or lose the people. If we start seeing that killing will not create peace, who will join the military and go to war? Even if they are drafted, if one really knows that what they are doing is out of alignment with Natural Law, they will not take that action, no matter who tells them to do it. You have to KNOW right from wrong in order to refuse to take orders to do things that violate your personal morals and ethics. If it's wrong to kill your annoying neighbor, it's probably wrong to kill your annoying neighbors (other countries) because someone (GOV) told you to. We'll all arrive at that state of consciousness one day. That's only an obvious exempli gratia, not something to confute...just keep reading.)

I see the Occupy fiasco as a stepping stone to a changed consciousness.
It's only a stone on the path, and not the only one or the last one.

Whether or not you believe in Occupy and no matter what your opinion of it is,
I bet we can all agree on one thing:
WE ARE SERFS.
There is a better way to do things.

Occupy has increased AWARENESS of a problem.
It has illustrated that this is a WORLDWIDE problem.
This is HUMANITY'S PROBLEM. All of us.

Awareness is the first step in problem solving. Will people be smart enough to use this awareness? Can we teach our children that the days of Kings and Queens and Serfs are over because that's not how a CONSCIOUS society lives? It depends on all of us. It's not written in stone.

It would take a shift in the collective to change the world. If only one country changed it's ways, it obviously wouldn't work. Humanity must change it's ways. Fortunately, those divisions called 'countries' are an illusion and an operating system. The truth is that we are one people on this planet. We could experience a shift as a whole. It seems as if we're moving that way. (If the genuine intentions and amazing insights aren't twisted and turned around by memes.)

We CAN change the operating system when we know it's wrong and write our own. If everyone defects at once, due to raised consciousness, the world would be forever changed. By the time we arrive at that state of mind, we will have dropped our protest signs proclaiming our victim hood. We won't be asking for our Master's permission to make different choices as Creators of our own world.

The Powers That Were wouldn't have to give the money to anyone. (It's violence to demand that. It's lower consciousness type of thinking, rather than higher conscious awareness, so that won't work. That's EXACTLY the kind of thinking that got us to this place via forced taxation and the Federal Reserve.) I'm not interested in recreating their world (by mimicking their behavior), you know what I mean? I'm done with this game. I don't care if I 'win' or not, I'm not playing this game anymore.

A more empowered solution is to create our own system without them. They number less than 1 percent of the world's population. Without their brainwashed minions, they are NOTHING. When no one will do their bidding, what will they do?

Then, they will have an opportunity to shift their consciousness. They will have to. The old way won't work anymore. Game over. No dark hero. No revenge. Nothing to kill or die for. A brotherhood of man. Imagine...if you can......I'll step off my soapbox now. Thank you for reading!
edit on 13/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Jesus Christ returns and establishes His kingdom forever and ever. The end.

That's what I want.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would have people occupy the stadiums, and vote on the top ten issues, by doing "The Wave", either clockwise or counterclockwise, to vote yea or nay.

Restoring true juries to the US, is the only hope. Via the COTUS we can have grand juries, but the middle-men, will ruin any attempts.

Therefore, remove every lawyer, judge or other titled persona-human-resource from the equasion, and simple vote as people, in giant stadiums, connecting by conference telephone calls.

Superjury(tm) is the name I have chosen for my idea. It is the only way to convene a true grand jury without all the entitled assheads trying to insert their irrelevance into the proceedings.

Superjury(tm), would re-establish the divine truth, that all courts, all law, all justice, is in the employ of the jurists. The people are the jury, therefore, the judge (BAR Associations notwithstanding) is the EMPLOYEE of the jury.

Stadiums, free from ballot boxes but with real time peer-to-peer (means: person-to-person) voting, and discussion, will destroy the chains of this world. But if you try to occupy the stadiums like I am saying, you will have to confront military troops who have a vested interest in titles. Their whole command structure is title-based, even though the US system dislikes titles and vestments. When this confrontation at the stadium happens, fear not, for there will be a whole bunch of soldiers who will defend the Superjury(tm), since nothing so wondrous or miraculous has ever come about.

This idea is divine, and I urge you to discuss it with your family and friends. The jury, is the whole pivot on which Earth itself balances.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've just stumbled on this thread and am trying to simplify it for myself. (See my signature.) I know that simplifying destroys nuances which are necessary for a complete understanding, but at least I'd like to see if my general framework is correct.

Goal: the destruction of corporations as we have them and making them into things that resemble a kibbutz or collective producing for the good of the country and treating all employees more or less equally.

Goal: placing the government in the hands of Americans. (I don't understand that, I thought our government was in the hands of Americans now. Perhaps you mean in the hands of Americans who think in certain ways.)

Goal: making government strong enough so that no other power, corporate or otherwise, can stand against it.

Means: no means are barred, weakening corporations, civilian resistance, even violence if it works. It doesn't matter because the goals are so imortant and there is no other way to reach them.

I'm going to leave aside for the moment ideas such as the entire planet needing to do this at once, or making everybody live in stadia across the country, because they'll be spending all their time sitting as a jury in court cases or making governmental decisions.

So, if I have major gaps in my understanding, please straighten me out.

top topics

join