It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE and paralysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Really new to the subject, but shocked already. Well, it's kinda weird but in the past days I've been reading about OOBE and lucid dreaming and jsut rememberd that well, I had both experiences... The first time I experienced OOBE I remember I was floating along my room in a non regular pattern, I was in peace, much more than I've ever been in my entire life, It's as if I was looking without using my eyes, I could see ever so vividly, much more vivid than I see with my very own eyes. Then, I "fell back into my body" and woke up. Second time OOBE was pretty much the same, I won't bore you with it. But what really gave me the creeps was "lucid dreaming". Even if I have never had a SERIOUS lucid dream, I have been in the process that some people undertake to have one. Basically, observing this from a purely scientific way, it seems possible that during the REM phase of sleep you can have micro-wake ups. during REM fase, your brain sends input to all of the body muscles to stop moving and throws you into a state of paralysis. Now if you happen to wake up , but not completely during this phase, you get one of the worst experiences in life. Or at least it was so for me. I remember perfectly, I was 12 back then, I went to sleep and the next thing I remember is that I was perfectly awake, only that I couldn't move any muscles, and that I obviously was blind, since my eyes were closed and my eyelids weren't working. I also remember perfectly that I felt there was a presence in the room, I was hearing the most absurd sounds, some were like water dripping mixed with brief very high pitched sounds, seemed nearly synthesized now that I think of it. And.. I was seeing really weird things, they were of every colour possibly imaginable and looked like very small pills everywhere... overwhelming the place. And then I remember I felt like somebody was touching my forehead and immediately after I woke up and started sweating like mad. I remember having the creepy feeling of a presence in the room, but then dismissed it all as a dream and got back to sleep. One of the worst experiences in my life :S

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis since i was young, every single time i have been able to open my eyes.. you will find that in the many cases on the net that the people have been able to open their eyes....

no idea why you can't

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Too freaky. I had a VERY similar experience two weeks ago. Paralysis (although there were a few brief moments I got control of a limb or two before they "went back to sleep".), feeling a presence in the room, inability to open my eyes although I could still see everything clearly... without colour. Everything sort of had a silvery, shimmery appearance. The presence is still here too. It seems to come and go *shrugs* Hasn't caused any harm so far so I'm trying not to get too worried

I've had sleep paralysis a few times and they've never really worried me... I tend to have trouble relaxing so when it happens I figure I may as well enjoy a few moments of feeling completely at ease

The sleep paralysis I had two weeks ago was strange though. It was very different. When I first woke up, I could move around fine (from the waist up). Then I laid down again. A few more strange noises occured, so I tried to get up, but I couldn't. My body felt like lead and wouldn't respond. Couldn't open my eyes, nothing. After a few moments of panic I managed to temporarily get contrl of my upper body enough to prop myself up on my arms, and then I was paralysed again. Couldn't move. Stuck sitting half upright. My eyes wouldn't open no matter how hard I tried. But I kept trying harder and harder to open them and that's when I astral projected (or so common opinion seems to be)... my spirit / soul / whatever you want to call it must have just gone "pfft, bugger this. You can stay here" and tried to ditch my body. I also managed to get control of my arm for a brief couple of seconds until I put it back down to prop myself up whereupon I was against totally paralysed.... weird stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm so glad that I am not the only one who goes this experience I have floated arround the room( and elsewhere) for years above my frozen body immoble the smallest movement requiring emmense effort at times I have found myself flying above the earth looking down at it like some weather satellite.

top topics

join