60 Minutes Expected to Air Investigation of Pelosi Stock Investments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I found this story and beside the obvious accusations. I think it is no coinsidence that a year ago Pelosi said she was willing to take Obama down !! We all know what a lover he is and here we are. Dirty laundry and no soap to wash it?

Indications from the Beltway media world are that 60 Minutes is preparing to air a segment exploring legislative actions House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi oversaw that might have benefited her husband's stock investments

The story goes on to say,

According to multiple news reports, 60 Minutes reporter Steve Kroft sprang a number of questions on Pelosi at a recent press conference in Washington, D.C. about why legislation affecting credit-card swipe fees was not brought to the floor of the house for a vote late in 2008

Here is the fuse ,,

Earlier that year, Pelosi's husband, San Francisco businessman Paul Pelosi, purchased between $1 and $5 million in Visa stock. Visa, based in San Francisco, was undergoing a large IPO.

The story is available with the link below

blogs.sfweekly.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

That's just reverse insider trading..
Isn't congress exempt from prosecution?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

And while they are at it they need to investigate the millions that she & her husband recently made off of the recent DOD BRAC (base realignment & closure) process.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
look at her. she's lost. she can't even blink anymore, that's how insane she is.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
She is a dizzy girl for sure and insider trading is not exempt from prosecution for insider trading. It's illegal, plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

That's just reverse insider trading..
Isn't congress exempt from prosecution?

Congress is not exempt. If they break the law and comeone can present the evidence then they can be prosecuted. However, there are a lot of strings that can be pulled if the person is powerful enough.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yah she's like the nuttiest looking women I've ever seen. like a religious fanatic who's lost touch with reality.

Spooky

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wow, great stuff. I have not seen this in a long time. One of my favorite types of threads on ATS. "The evil, lying, corporate controlled, liberal media is propaganda and lies!!!!! hey but check out this one story they have I really like the sound of."

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
She is a dizzy girl for sure and insider trading is not exempt from prosecution for insider trading. It's illegal, plain and simple.

Congress is exempt from insider trading laws.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

I stand corrected. Your right. They are exempt. What a joke huh? No wonder they lie cheat and steal to get in office

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Of course they are exempt from the law, THEY MAKE THE LAW. But in the court of public opinion they will fall hard for their immoral behavior.

People, FLAG THE F OUT OF THIS, PLEASE!
You should rename the title to: Scandal about to ROCK congress.
EDIT: I created a new thread to expand the investigation, your still the man (or woman) for posting this first, thanks!

Here's the book that started it:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321233193&sr=8-1

Here are some new tidbits:
Breitbart is tweeting updates - twitter.com...#!/AndrewBreitbart/

Bachus's involvement (tweet): Looks like @BachusAL06 (R-Al) traded stocks like crack addict whose only knowledge of market was what he knew as DC/congressional insider.

Pelosi's involvement: biggovernment.com...

Boehner's involvement: thehill.com...

BREAKING NEWS, more to come and more corruptocrats to fall. FLAG FLAG FLAG

edit on 13-11-2011 by YoungBloodNews because: New thread created

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
More news:

As many as a dozen members of Congress and their aides took part in insider trading based on foreknowledge of market moving information on Capitol Hill, disgraced Washington lobbyist Jack Abramoff told CNBC in an interview.

astuteblogger.blogspot.com...

More on Pelosi's immoral behavior:
www.americanthinker.com...

Pelosi helping her Hubby make $$$:
Pelosi's Bill Could Benefit Husband's Stock Holding
cnsnews.com...

Hey OP (CherubBaby), sorry but I had to make another thread about it, I do cite you as the original on this so please no hard feelings. These are serious accusations of gross immorality rampant within our political system. I am shocked and appalled.
edit on 13-11-2011 by YoungBloodNews because: More to the point now

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We were getting ready to watch a DVD, and it just so happened that 60 Minutes was on.
I saw the interview.

Her eyes got big, she almost sputtered, but she said she did nothing wrong, basically he didn't know what he was talking about.
Then, after about of minute of this, she took another question.

In all fairness, she's wasn't the only politician involved.
Apparently, it is NOT illegal for members of Congress to use insider information they receive for financial gain.
I mean, WHAT

Citizens go to prison, and they get richer???????

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The question on a lot of peoples mind is. When are they going to stop investigating this crooks and start arresting them. It is always the same oh we are going to spend tons of money investigating maybe someone will resign and then business as usual. We don't just want them to resign we want to see them in jail.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Posting in this thread to keep track of it. TY for posting. S&F for this thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just watched the segment.

Pretty disgusting that these cockroaches can get away with insider trading, which was the same thing that sent Martha Stewart behind bars.

And then, when a stock bill was made to put a stop to this, the hearing room was basically empty.

Here is the segment in case some have not seen it yet at the market ticker

market-ticker.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Brian Baird, a former congressman, was trying to get something done about this for the past 12 years, including when he was a congressman.

H. R. 1184 Stock Act was put forth in March 17, 2011

H.R. 1148: Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act (GovTrack.us)

He has only had 6 co-signers and the congressional hearing was basically empty.

If no-one is benefiting by Insider Trading in the White house, then they should have no problem supporting this bill. Clearly, with only 6 co-signers, this is not the case.

But, when you go into politics with $100,000 to your name and come out a millionaire, your stealing from the tax payers, and also benefiting from your position, when everything you do should be for the American People and not to pad your wallet.

Another good link on the progression of this bill and the constant roadblocks it has encountered

insidertrading.procon.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The Stock Act should be pushed through by force, and the members of congress who have engaged in this garbage should be arrested, and their necks prepped for the gallows

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I want to truely thank everyone for their opinions and contributions. This is a sick, twisted, law . Exempting members of Congress from insider trading. This law allows an avenue of corruption for 2 reasons in my opinion.
#1 It allows for corruption and extorsion on the part of dishonest politcians .
#2 It also is like a bait or temptation for the ones that are honest going into office i.e. The New Blood.. Thank you again..

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

She can't blink or close her eyes due to her numerous face lifts. She is looking as if she is eternally surprised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join