It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain Says God Told Him To Run For President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Republican Herman Cain said God convinced him to enter the race for president, comparing himself to Moses: "'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'" The Georgia business executive played up his faith Saturday after battling sexual harassment allegations for two weeks, trying to shift the conversation to religion, an issue vital to conservative Republicans, especially in the South.

In a speech Saturday to a national meeting of young Republicans, Cain said the Lord persuaded him after much prayer. "That's when I prayed and prayed and prayed. I'm a man of faith — I had to do a lot of praying for this one, more praying than I've ever done before in my life," Cain said. "And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses. 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

Another politician saying God told him to do something. Cain actually described his "conversation" with God.

In what part of life exactly can you say "God told me to do this" about something, and not look insane? A presidential candidate just either admitted he hears voices in his head, or told a bold faced lie which often gets overlooked in our society. Just as when Bush said God told him to invade Iraq. That's how crazy people talk.

Nothing else to the article. I just think it's crazy we have another presidential candidate saying God told him to do things.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 13-11-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
In what part of life exactly can you say "God told me to do this" about something, and not look insane?

All of them. That's a major disconnect in the world that I'll never understand as long as I live. If Cain told people that the tooth fairy told him to run for President, his presidential bid would be done (and he would possibly be committed). But if 'God' tells you to do something you get a pass.
If I start to hear voices, I'll speak to a doctor--not to a group of young Republicans.

Why is this okay? I don't know, but apparently it is.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Didn't Michele Bachmann say God wanted her to be president and what about Rick Perry didn't he alude too the same.

Jeez Gods talking to every candidate telling them he wants them to be president it just seems he can't make up his mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
And many will believe.
And send money.

link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Makes sense because the god of the bible is about as evil as Cain. I mean the god of the bible wanted genocide, rape, torture, murder etc...
Cain wants to continue the US war machine which does these things on a daily basis.
He wants to further divide socio-economic groups which creates poverty and everything that comes with that.

He was head of the fed! What does that tell you?
The man is a crazy puppet who is probably mad on power even tho he does what others tell him.

How come when a politican says this idiots support him but when someone says god told them he was a prophet/son of god or to start a cult or something like that people think they are crazy? Whats the difference
edit on 13-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

You would think that God might get his act together and pick ONE pony in the race

Perhaps he likes to hedge his bets?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
And GOD told me to post here and call BS... I don't know I like how these candidates all of a sudden have spiritual encounters and bring GOD into the mix when politics are involved... The way I see it would you rather have a Cain or an Abel?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am beginning to think that some of the candidates are there just to muddy the waters... distraction.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

He means Lucifer. If he becomes president he will make everyone get branded with 999 on their forehead.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Thats ridiculous. Hes not being elected pope. Hes trying to get the bible belt on his side.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I bet you are a saint.

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

Makes sense because the god of the bible is about as evil as Cain. I mean the god of the bible wanted genocide, rape, torture, murder etc...
Cain wants to continue the US war machine which does these things on a daily basis.
He wants to further divide socio-economic groups which creates poverty and everything that comes with that.

The man is a crazy puppet who is probably mad on power even tho he does what others tell him.

How come when a politican says this idiots support him but when someone says god told them he was a prophet/son of god or to start a cult or something like that people think they are crazy? Whats the difference

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

It seems that God is just as confused as the average voter is over who should be the next president.
I guess after managing billions of galaxy's it can be quite difficult to chose the leader of one little country
on some backwoods speck of dust planet in the unfashionable region of the milky way.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
I bet you are a saint.

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

What the hell mate?
I think theres a difference between an ordinary guy like me doing some bad stuff once in a while and justifiying killing millions of people for the pursuit of money, power and resources.
These are the people that ruin our world.
Well not them per say but they enable it. They are still only puppets, but they should be punished for allowing such crap.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm guessing that God must be a Card carrying Republican.
Because he sure seems to be chatty with a lot of folks in the GOP.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

How many sociopath/psychopaths are running for president right now? Sounds creepy! No wonder this country is so messed up.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well, at least you know he is lying.
How can god tell him something when god does not exist ?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
IMO this is just damage control for the Christian voters over his sex harassment scandals. In broader terms, it is just another case of a wacky GOP candidate that TPTB reveal in their effort to get their puppet reelected
edit on 13-11-2011 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
JEEZ, thats all the world needs is another delusional politician claiming that an imaginary friend is talking to him...

If one of these voice-hearing religious-NUTTERS ever gets in office, the ONLY reason that they will need to start an "Armageddon" by nuking everyone will be... "god told me to do it, so I will obey and do it..."

Such a delusional human being must NEVER be put in any position of power to which they can cause their much-desired 'Armageddon' madness straight from their little fairytale book of nonsense including a cast of twisted imaginary friends...

Some really scary politicians looking to run in the upcoming election!! DANGEROUS stuff folks!!!!!!

edit on 13-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

A presidential candidate just either admitted he hears voices in his head, or told a bold faced lie which often gets overlooked in our society.
You're missing one option. God did actually speak to him.

Or Aliens told him to do it, they often pretend to be Gods.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
God told me that I shouldn't vote for Herman Cain, and by goodness, I'm going to listen to Him!

Prove I'm a liar, or that I'm crazy. Go on, prove it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join