It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacquiao has just defeated Marquez by unanimous decision

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
We wanted Pacquiao to win, but it seemed clear that Marquez had put in the better fight. When it came time for the decision we expected it to be called for Marquez and Marquez even prematurely threw up his hands in victory. Then the judges called the fight for Pacquiao. Anyone think this could be based upon Pacquiao being the bigger money maker as champ vs Marquez?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I just heard that Marquez did go down to one knee when he out balanced. I was in the shower when that happened.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

You're going to be hard pressed to win a fight against the champion by a decision. Marquez had one hope tonight: knock Pac-man out.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
now for that mayweather fight!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
oh my god marquez one that fight easy that was embarrassing in the words of lennox lewis

" WHAT A JOKE "

and he knows more about boxing than me

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I don't think it'll happen...I know Mayweather booked the MGM and all but I think he'll back out again before May. Just imagine all the Pay-per-view $$$ and the size of the purse if they DID fight though

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well it wasn't unanimous, but I say no. I actually thought it was gonna be another draw...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by popsmayhem

I don't think it'll happen...I know Mayweather booked the MGM and all but I think he'll back out again before May. Just imagine all the Pay-per-view $$$ and the size of the purse if they DID fight though

thats why if will happen.

Mayweather is a wuss he knows pac man would beat him.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
$100 million + on may 5, say's otherwise. hopefully this strategy by pacquiao's team will get that [snip] mayweather into the ring.

now mayweather thinks he can beat manny. but the way he looked against ortiz in the rigged farce they called a fight, he should start training now.

when they do fight, it'll be mayweather running around the ring calling it defence, then getting caught with multiple, lightning speed combinations that will put him down.

pacquiao has been hit hard and can take it. mayweather ducks and fights tomato cans that he hand picks, are way past their prime or have no business being in the ring, let alone fight, like ortiz.

the first hard shot pac drops on mayweather will send him back to reality and completely obliterate his game plan.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 13/11/11 by argentus because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

What are you talking about? And why is it in the general conspiracies forum? Was there something amiss in a fight?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

yeah marquez controlled the fight picked him off at every op i just watched it in the uk and amir khan said marquez won by 3 rounds and thats pacmans boy

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Well it wasn't unanimous, but I say no. I actually thought it was gonna be another draw...

You caught me. I actually did not watch the fight. I got the story 2nd hand from my wife.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah, the judges were not corrupt or anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I love the Pac-man, and i still think he can beat Maywhether. However, he lost against Marquez fair and square...

In the words of Perry... sorry, opps.

LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Spoiler alert.. what... meh

shouldn't this be in bts?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Mexico is in an uproar LOL! Mexico, be real. Marquez didn't get robbed. The fight was close, no way he's wining a decision against pac man. only way he would of won was with a knockout! its boxing! "they're" setting up the mayweather vs pacman fight. LOL

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This I believe concludes everything.

"Marquez fought going backward all night, and that might have been his undoing. While he landed well at times, Pacquiao was in his face most of the night.

Ringside punch stats showed just how close the fight was. Pacquiao was credited with landing 176 of 578 punches, while Marquez landed 138 of 436.

The power punches were even closer, with Pacquiao connecting on 117 to 100 - though Marquez seemed to land the harder punches.

Pacquiao was behind on one scorecard and only ahead by a point on a second going into the 12th round"

Pacquiao wins decision vs. Marquez
edit on 13-11-2011 by innocenttdreams because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
I love the Pac-man, and i still think he can beat Maywhether. However, he lost against Marquez fair and square...

In the words of Perry... sorry, opps.

LOL

Pac man still beat him twice though...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I haven't seen this fight yet but Manny is the best I've seen since Sugar Ray Leonard. Even Ray lost a fight once in a blue moon.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I watched the entire fight and Marquez should have won the decision.

I agree with the comment "what a joke."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join