It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news: Nobody terrible at CBS Republican debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Source
Here comes the mainstream media spin Zone

Rick Perry exhibited no brain freeze (at least no more than usual), Herman Cain did not stumble badly (at least no more than anybody else), Newt Gingrich did not attack the moderators (much) and the audience booed only once (when Ron Paul opposed torture).

Who is politico kidding? Mit Romney, Rick Perry, Newt,Rick Sent they all did horrible,of course the mainstreams spinheads will always mention when Ron Paul is booed

Even us canadians were pissed at this debate this debate was the worst and unfair.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
ron paul got applause when he said he opposed torture. politico fail

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
ron paul got applause when he said he opposed torture. politico fail

I know i saw, i didnt hear any booes at all, you can write them that, i am no member of the politico site though.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The booing definitely happened, the moderator even stopped after it happened to remind the audience that there "would be no booing" ..
but nevertheless ... Ron got more applause I think than most of the others did .. I had taken notice of that .. I thought it was Newt though that got the boo?

While the candidates didn't really suck .. they also didn't really stand out either..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The election is a year away.

I'm a constitutional libertarian so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I enjoy listening to all the news stations including NPR and those late night pundit comedy shows just for the hell of it. Just to hear what they are saying.

The entire MSM machine is constantly covering every aspect of the primary race and there is hardly ever a whisper about what the current president is doing. This is unsettling to say the least. It is also surprising that nobody ever really mentions that Obama is getting a total pass from the media.

I wonder why this is....?

Any other "total gamut" news junkies out there noticing the same thing?
edit on 13-11-2011 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The booing definitely happened, the moderator even stopped after it happened to remind the audience that there "would be no booing" ..
but nevertheless ... Ron got more applause I think than most of the others did .. I had taken notice of that .. I thought it was Newt though that got the boo?

While the candidates didn't really suck .. they also didn't really stand out either..

It was actually Romney. I know this because when it happend I was thinking 'wow thats the first time Ive ever seen a Romney boo'. I love the spin though that basically says 'you're wrong if you dont love torture'. Such a 1984 mind****.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

It was definitely Romney that was booed.

How does the media screw up so much?

As my favorite supervillain would say: "Incompetent Buffoons!"

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Republicans have never been good at debating.

Though they are fantastic at fighting for the interests of the corporations, bankers, and wealthy folks while maintaining their best poker faces as they lie KNOWING all-along that they are actually giving the average working American the SHAFT...

But their debates (aside from Ron Paul) are pathetic and comical at best...

edit on 13-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
The election is a year away.

The entire MSM machine is constantly covering every aspect of the primary race and there is hardly ever a whisper about what the current president is doing. This is unsettling to say the least. It is also surprising that nobody ever really mentions that Obama is getting a total pass from the media.

I wonder why this is....?

Obama doesn't have to worry about these Republican nut jobs, they are a complete joke.... except for Ron Paul.

Obama has already won the next election.

It's a total pass for Obama, he doesn't even have to debate or show up in the next election. It's win win against these Republican clowns.
edit on 13-11-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ron would destroy Obama in a debate, that would force Americans to reflect on who the president should really be.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Based on Romney's donors, he will win next year.

The same financial industry that backed Obama in 2008 is backing Romney, including three of the most influential foreign banks in the world: Barclay's, Credit Suisse, and UBS.

top topics

join