It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
there getting horses ready cop horses

link   
Lol.. i was just making a joke to my brother about the horns in the lord of the rings battle scenes and then I hear a lone horn blow. Cracked me up.

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Fox news said "maybe 1000."
Fox news has such a funny way of seeing the world.
I imagine you can predict a Fox new family members pay rate by how many occupy protesters they can see on the street.
edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

haha, now that is funny. It's always funny just how the media loves to spin things and then turn around and claim they are fair and balanced or the most trusted name in news.... They all lie.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
The cops from Pops feed are just kind of standing there.... I guess I would too in their shoes.

Occupy Portland has called their bluff .. so police either have to do something or lose credibility with both protesters and the public..

(they also have until 2am until bars close, and Portland is a very active night-life city, and people will migrate down there...)
edit on 11/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Glad this thing is peaceful for now.

Hoping it stays that way.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They did call their bluff and I am feeling proud as can be. Like you say though, the cops either have to step it up or essentially look like fools....

Here is hoping things remain peaceful

Non violent resistance in action.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

i dont think the cops are going to do anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I hope you are right... I think they are realizing that in this case,they are simply way too out numbered.

I hope you are right.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Well if they do decide to be violent, Portland clearly learned nothing from Vancouver: To few officers because they anticipated a much smaller crowd; the riot officers were directed to wear minimal gear.

Vancouver BC went from peaceful to chaos after one bottle was thrown at the big screen.

And for those wondering what the estimated number is, the Portland Police estimates 5-6,000 people. So screw Foxnews lol.
edit on 11/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I hope they don't become violent. No need for anyone to get hurt. It would honestly be a waste.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I hope they don't become violent. No need for anyone to get hurt. It would honestly be a waste.

If they are not violent.. and their intention is to ... stand up to police.. at what point do they just say " well ok, it was a nice run .... guess we'll just go home now"

At some point there will be action taken.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
haha

" Seems like a lot less cops now"

' Well, did you look in the donut shops? "

That made me laugh

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

If they are not violent.. and their intention is to ... stand up to police.. at what point do they just say " well ok, it was a nice run .... guess we'll just go home now"

At some point there will be action taken.

Action is being taken right now and has since midnight, Portland time. It's called non violent resistance.

They are non violently resisting the eviction and it is working.

No one is going to say "let's go home" The goal is to stay there... and so far, they are doing just that through non violent resistance.

Now, I just hope both sides remain non-violent.

That said, I suspect you will find that at the end of the proverbial day, the protestors will still be there.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Is that Fox news feed dead now?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

That said, I suspect you will find that at the end of the proverbial day, the protestors will still be there.

Mmm I don't think so.

Police have called up reserves and are starting to fill in the gaps along the side walk with new bodies. Seems that they are very slowly building up the presence.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The one pops linked? It is working for me.

I like the headline

" Eviction time has passed. Police have not acted."

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Still up. They are even showing the Occupy live stream from time to time.
edit on 13-11-2011 by ReleaseThePressure because: incomplete

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Mmm I don't think so.

Police have called up reserves and are starting to fill in the gaps along the side walk with new bodies. Seems that they are very slowly building up the presence.

Maybe. Only one way to find out.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Move them on ASAP, this whole occupy notion was a great idea but sadly hijacked by the very people whose whole idea is to do as little as possible and get paid to do it. I'm sure there are some good hearted people in that mix but at the end all you have is what looks like the remains of a pop festival in a field with loads of stoned dirty people making a mess and leaving the mess to be cleared up by someone else.

Move them on now, there's sadly enough poor innocent people whose lives are found living in the gutter, they live in dirty clothes, no lavatories, no homes, no health care and are forgotten by society, and now we have to put up with others imitating these poor peoples lives while living off the state and having money and a home.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Latest reports :

Police have now closed SW Madison.

Police equipped with batons, helmets, shields and plastic zip ties are standing in a line on Third Avenue facing Chapman Square, against a backdrop of a sea of people.

The cops are telling people to stay on the sidewalk but the sidewalk is so jammed in places, people are spilling into the street.

Portland police spokesman Lt. Robert King: "We're here. We're working hard to keep people safe."

Till you start cracking skulls that is.

If there's violence tonight, it's gonna be the cops starting it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join