It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nothing indicates they support bigger government. This movement is still in it's infancy. I actually see an equal showing for small government and libertarian policy.

You're understanding is flawed.
Breaking the law is the point if the law infringes upon your right.
Laws mean nothing if they are ill conceived there are thousands of absurd laws on the books. You sincerely prescribe to the belief that no one should ever question or break a law? If so you are kind of lost.

edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Umm no one rioted for the pedophile coach.

That whole situation is ugly.. but no need to make it uglier with mistaken info.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
nvm

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I'm just going to laugh at you.

Mostly because your points are laughable.

Rape murder and pillage.. lol.. now they're vikings.. I hope they occupy your lawn.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
well all i can say is that im glad that ended well tonight and not in another violent way

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

reply to post by djvexd

Having watched the majority of the action, live, from start to finish, I simply wish to state that I whole heartedly disagree with what you took from the past two days of Occupy Portland.

Peace and love.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by facewhatly

I consider the near absence of violence... remarkable. It was tense for a while last night.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Yeah my "nvm" post was me refuting all of his points since he is just trolling, but i removed it in hopes he would just not return. We have watched this for 2 days and 30 some pages. We know everything he said is b.s.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

Nothing indicates they support bigger government. This movement is still in it's infancy. I actually see an equal showing for small government and libertarian policy.

You're understanding is flawed.
Breaking the law is the point if the law infringes upon your right.
Laws mean nothing if they are ill conceived there are thousands of absurd laws on the books. You sincerely prescribe to the belief that no one should ever question or break a law? If so you are kind of lost.

I can only go by the information provided by OWS.
sites.google.com...

As for violating the law? What rights were infringed? They had their rights, until it started infringing upon the safety and security of others.

And I will always "question" the law. But I won't just break it to satisfy a selfish need.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
These poor dumb asses. After all this time I still don't really know what they're protesting. They remind me of the movie, The Wild One, where the cop asks Marlon Brando what are you rebelling against, and he says, what have you got?

When they finely figure out it's the government, and politicians that are screwing us, with the help of the msm, then they'll get my support.

Want some irony? The majority of the people protesting against wall street - however vaguely - still consider themselves Obama supporters, even though Obama essentially is wallstreet. He represents most directly the Trilateral Commission via Zbigniew Brzezinski, and that is essentially a collection of international bankers, which of course are directly tied to large corporations.

It's easy to see Obama as well-meaning, yet in over his head... but that's an innocent fantasy that must be promptly discarded. It's almost impossible to get that far in politics without performing or accepting illegal favors... with a 'longterm understanding' in mind.

As for the protest itself... bless their sweet naive hearts, they really don't have a clue. Ask 20 different people why they're there, and you'll get 20 different answers. Ask them what they want done about it, again you'll get 20 different answers. They call themselves Occupy Wall Street but they are only occupying public parks and sidewalks. And sheepishly abandoning the parks when threatened by police. There's no unifying voice, no unifying message, no unifying goal, and no unifying plan to accomplish that goal.

Folly from the very beginning. The only hope of salvaging anything is to abandon the movement - entirely - then methodically develop core groups with highly specific messages and intentions, with practical steps towards accomplishing them. Then they should focus on what title to give themselves, or what Fedora hat to wear to the protest that evening.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah my "nvm" post was me refuting all of his points since he is just trolling, but i removed it in hopes he would just not return. We have watched this for 2 days and 30 some pages. We know everything he said is b.s.

That is very true.I suppose it is hard to imagine what it was really like and what was taken from it, unless you watched it from start to finish like you and I.

A lot of minds have been changed in this thread. It's fascinating and these past two days, I will never forget. Many doubts I had, have been removed. I wish everyone could have sat with us and watched.

It was so great to have people from both sides of the debate coming together, watching together and gaining a whole new respect for each other....

In a lot of ways, this thread and the people involved made it a very moving, two days.

Honestly thanks for making the thread.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i believe the peaceful message is flawed.
what has occupy accomplished?
have bankers gone to jail?has obama been impeached?has holder been charged with a crime?has there been anything possitive happened other than great christmas bonesses for the cops?as long as tptp arent threatened,nothing will change.the poor will still be poor,the homeless are still homeless,the gov is still warring,the rich are getting richer,corporations are still people.the cops just waited out the protesters.ron paul is still shoved in the corner,the msm is still controlling the masses through propaganda.oh goody i didnt go to jail today.i call bs on peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

The solution to the problems you stated is not status quo. War and violence is what got us into them. More war and violence will only allow for status quo. Give peace a bit of a chance before you call BS on it.

Don't be afraid, it wont bite you.

I love you.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
thankyou but love doesnt feed me ,shelter me,provide my children with an education,keep the dollar from deflating,keep the cops from nitpickin my every move.god is supposed to be love but he sure screwed us and i expect anybody who says they love me to be screwin me too.we love our children but in a starvation situation we will eat them.only force and action solve perplexing situations when there is no time.i dont want to die of old age in slavery.i want freedom for the rest of my life starting today.the only reason i havent been robbed is because in texas i can kill them.it is the threat of violence that keeps me secure.better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one.violence is the answer.the jews were peaceful in germany,we are next.the mouse kills the tiger one bite at a time and that is what the gov is doing to us.hang together or hang separately.its time to bite back.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

agreed, and I know someone who would willingly admit that they would have like to see something "go down" but i think it's better this way........at least for now

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont

its time to bite back.

You keep biting. I am going to try something different this time around. Biting has not worked.Biting brought us to where we are now.

Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time. The human species is truly insane.

I wish to not be a part of the insanity. I am going to try something different.

Peace and love.

But by all means, keep on biting.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

the only reason i havent been robbed is because in texas i can kill them

I too am from Texas.Have been all my life. I have never been robbed and it is not because the law allows me to shoot to kill, if they enter my home. I own no guns.

It is not the threat of violence that keeps you secure because the fact is, people do get robbed in Texas,every day, despite that law.

I have never been robbed and my reasons have nothing to do with that law.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

thankyou but love doesnt feed me ,shelter me,provide my children with an education,keep the dollar from deflating,keep the cops from nitpickin my every move.

Nope, that is your job.That is the peoples job.

A little love sure makes it easier though, to get out there and feed yourself, shelter yourself and provide for your children.

Much easier than some one trying to shoot you on your way to work, no?

Again,you keep right on biting. I am going to try something new.

I love you

Oh and a bit of a joke. Should we ever meet up, we should meet in a bar, I think both of us are going to want a few drinks by the time we are through with each other.

No but really, I do have a lot of respect for you after this thread. You keep me on my toes and that is hard to do.

Right then, off to bed. Unless I can't sleep again, which is likely.
edit on 14-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

So you think they are foolish and mislead because the support Obama and are against Wall Street. That is thinking half the way and giving up. That argument makes sense to people in similar situations. It's a pessimists view. I would take the same information (if it were true which is subject to debate) and say that they are educating themselves out there (which I personally have seen first hand) and anyone that supports both of those things in conflict of one another will realize what you have stated about Obama. Rather than understand this though you take the opposing sides propaganda therefore you are the equal and opposite version of lost to the protesters that aren't aware of what you have stated.
You and some of the protesters are both sleepwalking.

That said, anyone saying most of the supporters support Obama is not true at all. I would say a good percentage, more than half, are Ron Paul supporters, or disenfranchised (no one running for them). You will not see many pro Obama posters out there, and in fact do see Anti Obama posters.

Rather than complain people need to educate, there are classrooms of hundreds or thousands on a corner somewhere in every large city in America right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

All welcome. I just shared. I didn't want to watch it all night alone with no one to discuss it with.
Everyone on last night was super cool. I am glad the haters stayed away for the actual event so we could focus on it.
edit on 14-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join