It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

But I have to ask one nagging question: What did they achieve?

One answer coming right up for your nagging question.

What did they achieve? Wait and see.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So I'll assume nothing lol. They don't even have the choice of voting in a Democrat to carry out their hopes and dreams because the state is as Blue as it gets, there is no one to replace..

IMO .. especially being a Portlander.. this was a party. The vast majority were there for the show, the core group of idealist were barking up the wrong tree.. they need to take their message to the people who can make a difference.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So I'll assume nothing lol.

Be my guest.

I choose to be an optimist rather than a pessimist though.

What it comes down to in reality, is we have to wait and see. Let's wait and see what comes of it,together, shall we?

Because really, it is too soon to assume anything.

But one thing I can say, is, they did set a great example to protestors across the world. Regardless of what a person protests, this is how it should be done and I hope protestors across the world were taking notes.

Peace and love.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

IMO, they have proven that the people have the power when they act en mass.

The police could have acted this morning, but they didn't! Why? Because it would have been suicide!

The politicians do not want blood on their hands or a media catastrophe!

WIN PORTLAND!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Rockpuck

IMO, they have proven that the people have the power when they act en mass.

This is very true. Portland showed the world just how a protest should be handled and just how effective nonviolent resistance really is.

I have so much respect for both the protestors and police in Portland.

These past two days are going to be remembered, by me, forever and I hope that any protestors in the future, takes notes. Portland was simply amazing.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
These poor dumb asses. After all this time I still don't really know what they're protesting. They remind me of the movie, The Wild One, where the cop asks Marlon Brando what are you rebelling against, and he says, what have you got?

When they finely figure out it's the government, and politicians that are screwing us, with the help of the msm, then they'll get my support.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So I'll assume nothing lol. They don't even have the choice of voting in a Democrat to carry out their hopes and dreams because the state is as Blue as it gets, there is no one to replace..

IMO .. especially being a Portlander.. this was a party. The vast majority were there for the show, the core group of idealist were barking up the wrong tree.. they need to take their message to the people who can make a difference.

The people who make a difference are those who get elected, and those who are elected are those who get the publicity from the mainstream media.

The kids from pen state who rioted IN FAVOR of their pedophile coach proves one thing- a majority of people are stupid and don't have moral convictions. This was also proven when Rick Perry didn't step down after proving himself to be a complete idiot shill, and the sad thing is many still support him.

To me, I think the solution may actually be to kill those who are making the negative difference, because it doesn't look like most of America is "waking up" anytime soon, and people are suffering because of our Idiotcracy.

I have posted this already in this form, but I think the words in the intro of this song are spot on - www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
Nathan's USTREAM is down at the moment, here's yet another that's currently live:

www.ustream.tv...

Thanks for this link! It's airing LIVE right now!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

To me, I think the solution may actually be to kill those who are making the negative difference, because it doesn't look like most of America is "waking up" anytime soon, and people are suffering because of our Idiotcracy.

I was with you completely until you said this.... There is no reason to kill anyone and there is no need for violence.If the problem is the people in office,than the solution is to remove them from office and take their ability to make a negative difference away.

Murder solves nothing. It only creates more problems. The answer to a negative is not more negative.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

Oh cool. Glad that one is back up.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zynga2
A bit of historical conversation going on at KGW regarding the a protest at PSU back in 1970 in response to the Kent State riots. This has been brought up off and on, since OWS started here and the possibility was raised that they would move to the Park Blocks/PSU campus. From what I understand, back in 1970 the students took a massive beat-down from the riot cops for their protest and this story has been coming up again and again in the media lately.

www.tomgeil.com...

OWS is SDS all over again

Read and weep thenewamerican.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Glad to see that people on here are still paying attention to this. I'm up in Seattle right now and I'm suppose to be in Portland this coming Friday...
I wonder if this will remain 'peaceful' until then (I hope so). If so, I'm sure I'll make my own Ustream account and broadcast live on here.

edit on 13-11-2011 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25

I wonder if this will remain 'peaceful' until then (I hope so). If so, I'm sure I'll make my own Ustream account and broadcast live on here.

If the last day and a half are any representation of what is to come, then I would say yes, they will remain peaceful. I truly hope they do.

I can't wait to see your live stream. Stay safe and remember. Nonviolent resistance.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So what has OWS accomplished?
It made the police look professional and restrained.
It made temselves look spoiled, petulant and willing to break the law.
It showed that their message cannot be portrayed in a peaceful manner, they actually have to break the law to send the message.
It isolated them from the rest of the population, who does feel that a message can be illustrated in a peaceful, law-abiding manner.
It showed the rest of the U.S., the world, that they are for a specific agenda/ideology.

(A nod to The Princess Bride)
OWS fell victim to one of the classic blunders - Never trust a community organizer to help you get your mesage out. Never get involved in a land war in Asia - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line".

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wrong. It showed that ten thousand people could get together for a cause they have every right to be angry about and stay peaceful and make a stand.

Also, what law did they break? Now, after you have said that do you think people should abide by all laws regardless of if they infringe upon the peoples rights?

Their message was ONLY delivered in a peaceful manner. No violence. Breaking the law is not synonymous with violence. Think your post over again. Finally the last part of your post was practically incoherent babble of no relevance.
edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Thanks. I would only want to 'document' what was going on. My only concern is that at some point there could be "agent provocateurs" just like there was in Seattle during the 1999 WTO protest. Outside of that, I agree... I believe the people in Portland will remain peaceful.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by beezzer

Wrong. It showed that ten thousand people could get together for a cause they have every right to be angry about and stay peaceful and make a stand.

Also, what law did they break? Now, after you have said that do you think people should abide by all laws regardless of if they infringe upon the peoples rights?

Their message was ONLY delivered in a peaceful manner. No violence. Breaking the law is not synonymous with violence. Think your post over again. Finally the last part of your post was practically incoherent babble of no relevance.
edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Two points.
1. Their message is flawed. - Bigger government will not solve our problems.
2. Their vehicle to convey their message is flawed. - Even peaceful disobedience of the law is breaking the law.

(3.) I thougt the Princess Bride reference added some humour.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Really? And who gets to decide who is making a negative difference to be executed? And what is "waking up"? Who decides if someone is "awake" and who is still "asleep"?

I can't ascribe to such views to just go out and start killing people because we think they are the problem. Where is a thumbs-down when you need it. Oh there it is....

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Don't forget the live police scanners that are available online.

www.radioreference.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The only thing it showed was that :

1)People want things and money they don't earn.

2)They are willing to rob, rape, kill and vandalize to get it.

3)Personal sanitation is an idea foreign to them

4)Violence is acceptable to meet your goals.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join