It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

My thoughts exactly. They have kept up and offered great commentary.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

So, let the mob get hit by trains? I agree sir.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Time and space bunnies? Yes sir I also agree.

Thought police? Yes sir I agree with that, I do.
edit on 13-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by CREAM

So, let the mob get hit by trains? I agree sir.

Trains? I'm honestly sorry, I really don't know what your referring to. Please clarify.

Edit- is this a /b/ thing or something... lol?
edit on 13-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

There is a train that runs through Pioneer Square. For some strange reason(?) this person is trying to make it appear as if you support the protesters getting hit by said train.

At least this is what it seems hes implying?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

There are trains in the city. The police are making sure the trains don't hit the protesters, along with cars and other vehicles. I'm with you on pulling the police out and resuming traffic flow as normal.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by CREAM

There is a train that runs through Pioneer Square. For some strange reason(?) this person is trying to make it appear as if you support the protesters getting hit by said train.

At least this is what it seems hes implying?

Oooh. I don't know the city Portland very well, didn't realize there was a train at PS.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

The rails are all over. But at any rate, so are cars and the buses.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Mr Headshot because: ur

edit on 13-11-2011 by Mr Headshot because: adflkdsjflkasdjf

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Things are pretty slow now since they moved to Pioneer Square.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Currently 18:45 Sunday (PST) - Time in Oakland, CA, USA

Not long to go now, but why did they choose midnight as a deadline?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Umm, the deadline passed. It was Midnight last night. You missed lots of exciting action last night.

But what it came down to was an amazing show of non violent resistance and the cops never really were able to do much of anything. I heard of a few arrests but that is it.

Ultimately, I give this one to the protestors.

as for why Midnight. That is just usually how cities do it I guess.... I had a neighbor get evicted and they had to be out by midnight on a certain night.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yep, just a bunch of posturing and house cleaning. I'm disappointed that we did not get to see what happened to the protesters that refused to move.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Same here... I wish the cameras had stayed with them. That is where the last bit of action was.

edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wish i would have had time to go down there myself... sadly I was stuck writing an english paper instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Aww, that sucks. Well if you do manage to make it down there. Stay safe and remember. Non violent resistance.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Since things are getting slow I want to take this time to state that tonight, I am so proud of the people of Portland. The way they went about this was amazing and they should be proud of themselves.

I hope all that were watching, take notes and remember just how well nonviolent resistance can and does work.

Of course, there were a few idiots, but the group as a whole ousted them and kept it peaceful.

I also want to show my great respect to the police who also remained peaceful and worked hard to ensure the safety of everyone.

What we have all witnessed, is an amazing thing and honestly, regardless of what you may feel about OWS, I think any of us who sat here and watched the whole thing, can sit here and say, good job Portland protestors and good job Portland police.

The restraint, respect and peaceful intentions by both groups as a whole, is something that should be noted and recognized.

This thread has been equally amazing. Bringing may of us together who have different viewpoints. It was so nice to see us all discuss and watch with out all the usual bickering and going at it. This thread is a great example of what ATS is all about.

Be proud of that, everyone.

I sit here thinking to myself and I have no problem saying.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yeah, the people of Portland are peaceful people.

But I have to ask one nagging question: What did they achieve? Besides a massive bill the tax payers will be paying?

They took the city hostage and no "change" will ever come from it. Quite honestly, because the City (which is Liberal to an extreme) has absolutely no say in the demands they have... so.. what was the point of the whole occupation and subsequent standoff?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

What we have all witnessed, is an amazing thing and honestly, regardless of what you may feel about OWS, I think any of us who sat here and watched the whole thing, can sit here and say, good job Portland protestors and good job Portland police.

The restraint, respect and peaceful intentions by both groups as a whole, is something that should be noted and recognized.

I sit here thinking to myself and I have no problem saying.

You said it. Makes me proud of all involved.

Portland has set the example in an important movement. Watching it unfold live last night and today has been something I'll not forget.

My favorite moment to see live, right after the police were forced to back down:

www.ustream.tv...

ETA: The moment the police were forced to back down, captured from the front lines, for any who have not seen it: www.ustream.tv...
edit on 13-11-2011 by VariableConstant because: added

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Definitely. They have set a precedent in Portland. They have further made aparent the contrast between what the news reports and the truth.

Meanwhile this thread has been running in much the same manner. Everyone sharing info, updating, and the few people attempted to troll or derail were given exactly the credibility they deserved and promptly left.

Good stuff. I plan to keep an eye on Portland for a good while to come.

edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Yeah, the people of Portland are peaceful people.

But I have to ask one nagging question: What did they achieve? Besides a massive bill the tax payers will be paying?

They took the city hostage and no "change" will ever come from it. Quite honestly, because the City (which is Liberal to an extreme) has absolutely no say in the demands they have... so.. what was the point of the whole occupation and subsequent standoff?

Nothing, yet. I am militant minded, I am hoping overtime this will turn into a revolution. I think people will eventually realize violence is necessary.

Most Americans didn't support the the revolution against the Brits, about 1/3 did. I think something similar will happen in our country with enough time given, and the fraction of people of people who are willing to fight will win.

Thomas Jefferson- "The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."

It's clear to me, it's time for revolution. And I know MANY people in real life who will be on board when it happens and are just waiting for SHTF.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join