Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nathan's USTREAM is down at the moment, here's yet another that's currently live:

www.ustream.tv...

link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The parks are now fenced off, no one can get in at the moment. The protest in the street all day today was adjacent to the park (picture the letter T) the parks are the top line and Main Street is the body. Now, they have just been moved to Pioneer Sq. which is maybe 2-3 blocks away from the parks they have been occupying.

link   
the cops should be getting tired unless they are on shifts.im imagining the dollar ticker is spinning.the city would go broke if the cops stayed out there for a month

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A new feed:
damaskportland

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
the cops should be getting tired unless they are on shifts.im imagining the dollar ticker is spinning.the city would go broke if the cops stayed out there for a month

Then they should stop sending cops to patrol peaceful people....

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

A protest or rally would be welcome, those happen all the time near campus. An occupation/tent city? Not sure about that one. Remember, there were something like 300+ campers in the park, long term. Having that slapped down in the midst of campus (the Park Blocks run right through the center of campus) I don't know, I just don't see that being tolerated. I could certainly be wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

100% let them get hit by the trains. Agreed sir. Great idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zynga2

Yeah I knew they lost the parks, but keeping the streets equaled it out. Seems like giving up the street is giving up the land the fought to save all night entirely.

Do you think the move is for the better or worse?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by CREAM

100% let them get hit by the trains. Agreed sir. Great idea.

Not sure what your talking about or which post of mine you are replying to.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This whole time I have been in front of the computer sitting in this uncomfortable chair I totally forgot about the roku!!! Streaming live and comfy now. If only the feeds would stay up.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont

They are on shifts. At least they were. There was a point last night in which they had a shift change

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Click the hotlink in my post. Anyway, it's the one where you said to stop patrolling peaceful people. If by peaceful people you mean the protesters then my post is prudent, if not, I'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Looks like they are gathering and holding a general assembly now to decide what to do.

www.kgw.com...

Pioneer Square is getting filled up quick.
edit on 13-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by zynga2

Yeah I knew they lost the parks, but keeping the streets equaled it out. Seems like giving up the street is giving up the land the fought to save all night entirely.

Do you think the move is for the better or worse?

as long as the city loses money the protesters win

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

Estimated police costs so far: $500,000 for 28 hours of wage and OT for Portland and multiple agencies. Probably going to be a lot higher by the end.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Getting a little confusing with feeds going up and cutting out, but for anyone interested, here's another live USTREAM, for now:

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.livestream.com...

The stream from the OP is finally back up.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by CREAM

Click the hotlink in my post. Anyway, it's the one where you said to stop patrolling peaceful people. If by peaceful people you mean the protesters then my post is prudent, if not, I'm sorry.

Yup. I do mean the protesters, they are peaceful. On one live feed just now, a person started saying something in support of violence. The ENTIRE crowd drowned him out by chanting "Peace! Peace! Peace!" As reported on KGW earlier, there were a few small fights in the crowd, but they were settled peacefully without police intervention.

Bottom line is- the police have NO business being there. We live in a police state, that's what many are pretesting.

Oh, but don't get me wrong, I fully support violence in self defense. If the police are the aggressors, which they have been lately, the people have the right fight back. In fact, if the police are violating the Constitution, they are committing treason and imo it's fine to use deadly force against them. BUT LET ME ALSO SAY, the protesters there don't seem to agree with me, I AM NOT speaking for them. The people in Portland haven't really been fighting back, they have been taking the peaceful approach when the police confront them, and imo that's cool too, at least they are doing something. The point is, there is no need for police at these things. The people can police themselves in these groups.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Cool. The guys running that camera did a got job of keeping everyone in the know. Maybe we will get all this sorted out.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A bit of historical conversation going on at KGW regarding the a protest at PSU back in 1970 in response to the Kent State riots. This has been brought up off and on, since OWS started here and the possibility was raised that they would move to the Park Blocks/PSU campus. From what I understand, back in 1970 the students took a massive beat-down from the riot cops for their protest and this story has been coming up again and again in the media lately.

www.tomgeil.com...

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant