It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did I just hear the guy correctly? None of the police officers have badges, name plates, or any markings of any kind of identify them as individuals?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Did I just hear the guy correctly? None of the police officers have badges, name plates, or any markings of any kind of identify them as individuals?

Correct.

There are no laws in the US that states they must wear one. Especially in riot gear scenarios.
Very hard to attach them to kevlar and MOLLE vests. Actually could be dangerous for the Officer, and in these scenarios, keeping the Officers safe is paramount.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Except....how have local officials not broken federal law by interfering with the right to peaceably assemble with these local ordinances? It was my layman's understanding that the Supreme Court has held that the First Amendment applies to each state, including any local government.

Maybe once they are done tidying up....the fences now surrounding the public park will come down and they will let the people be free to return.

Thanks...again.

Peace.

edit on 13-11-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

Well, again, I am speculating here. All I can think of is that they do have the right to peacefully assemble, so long as no laws are being broken and I am guessing the laws they are enforcing would be park hours and blocking the flow of traffic.

I don't know. I hope they keep it up! I am honestly so proud of this group of protestors!

Non violent resistance is working so far.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

They're talking about holding the line now. This is gonna hurt.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yeah, very interesting decision. I think.

Side note:
Poor nathan's ustream video pretty much crashed about 2 minutes after it went up.

Oh and apparently, the protestors removed that tent they put up in the middle of main street.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is there an another live stream?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I heard a mention of "not wanting to eat Monsanto food."
Nice.

That was nice. Did you catch the drunk guy who was speaking about just random #? hahah I cracked up

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

What stream is still good?
I still have a news stream up, but are there any of the protesters (anti-msm) feeds up?
edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

www.kgw.com...

This is the only one I know of. Kind of sucks, because it is a news feed. Id rather just watch with out listening to the idiot media.

The one from your OP is down because the battery died. The one they referred the viewers to, crashed, I guess because of it being unable to handle that many viewers.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What stream is still good?
www.kgw.com...
www.livestream.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I was getting sound only from Nathan's ustream, and the original source for the stream is now playing the kgw stream. I guess we're stuck with kgw for now.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What about the second live feed that was posted last night? The original ustream?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.kgw.com...

Local station in Portland announced they just broke their own livestream records with viewers from all over the world.

The world...is watching.

May the peace the protestors are demonstrating be maintained in this stand-off.

May the people's right to assemble not be infringed. May their right to petition for a governmental redress of grievances be protected.

edit on 13-11-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
If people are willing. Please be on the look out for more live streams. The Op's link said they have about 45 minutes of battery left and will have to turn it off, but he will be turning on his ustream?

I did not catch his ustream account.So, please post any other live streams that you may know of. I am looking as well.

www.katu.com...
www.kgw.com...
www.livestream.com...
occupyportland.org...
www.therightscoop.com...
edit on 11/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

See above links posted on page 33 (I think) from Rockpuck. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Cool. That's weird they are the same feeds (the live feed's video is the MSM video), but the occupy feed has the audio without commentary.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nathan feed back up again.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It seems that Nathan's live stream is finally running. If for how long we won't know. But check it out, it is up now.
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just heard a crowdster on a bull horn relay the idea of voluntarily moving to another section of town, and the crowd are responding cordially. I am glad to see patience being welcomed amongst these events. Also the areas of previous campers are being cleaned by ows volunteers.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The stream I am watching right now is within the protest group and here is the link

ustream

Originally posted by lnfidel
There are no laws in the US that states they must wear one. Especially in riot gear scenarios.
Very hard to attach them to kevlar and MOLLE vests. Actually could be dangerous for the Officer, and in these scenarios, keeping the Officers safe is paramount.

I never claimed there was a law that requires a police officer to wear a badge. However, I think you logic is faulty when you claim keeping the Officer safe is paramount. For one, this is not a riot situation. This is a peaceful protest. Secondly, I think what would be paramount is to keep everyone safe, not just the police officers. Also a lack of Identification brings up an issue of accountability.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They are now going to occupy PSU. Correct?
I think I heard the megapphone guy say that 30 people can go there. Is anyone else hearing this part. Help me out.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join