It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
the protesters should take a small team of men and attack the police station.burn it to the ground.release the inmates.
i hope they whoop those cops bad.flip the cop cars and take their armor.just wish i got video .i would love to watch this.if i only lived close enough to be there.to be there watching and participating in an act of freedom.to get the chance to dish out some payback on a cop.i am so envious.you protesters are so lucky.

Umm... That would be a good way for these guys to get locked up for the rest of their lives....

I hope no one is stupid enough to do such a thing. I hope it remains nonviolent and that no cop or protestor gets hurt.

Politics aside, they are all people out there.

Honestly, if that is how you would behave ( you are going so far against the roots of this movement) then I am glad you are not there.

And yeah, the protestors are lucky... that you are not there. Let's hope no one who feels the same way you do, is there either.

Let's hope no one is hurt.

Honestly, posts like yours concern me.Does no one within the movement remember the whole nonviolence thing that it started out with?

If the aggressive cops are so bad, why would you want to stoop down to there level?Hmm?

You are at level: Malcom X. The movement was supposed to be at level: Martin Luther King Jr.
edit on 12-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
They are marching now..
I silenced them ha ha. The chanting might be fun in person, but listening from the live feed, it kinda drives one crazy.
edit on 12-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same think bout the chanting when I read your post. Way too annoying.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
God I just cant stand the repetition of wordage. It is so stupid sounding, fulfilling the egos of those talking. Its just weird.

The reason for the repetition is because they aren't allowed to use amplifying devices. One person speaks a few words, then the others repeat so that everyone has a chance to hear what is being said.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

They are marching now..
I silenced them ha ha. The chanting might be fun in person, but listening from the live feed, it kinda drives one crazy.

please keep up the post.ill check in off and on and give you stars for your effort.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Makes sense. But for what it is worth. A woman is using a mega-phone right now.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

reply to post by GreenFurnNW

And so the public will back the police.

Some of the speakers have this ominous air about them, yelling, and addressing/discussing provocateurs in a manner that indicates they anticipate it. I hope tonight isn't the night someone gets really hurt or killed. One thing for sure, people will be getting arrested. They have said they are standing their ground and discussed the jails they will be sent to.

The public needs to not pay attention to the media these days. ALL BS. But i watch it in the morning for entertainment purposes only. I really hope no one gets hurt as well, but that odds of that very high at this point.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

They are marching now..

please keep up the post.ill check in off and on and give you stars for your effort.

This I agree with. Keep up the posting. I am listening on and off. The chanting does get on ones nerves after a few minutes.We still have a while before any thing really starts happening.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Did they just say they had till Monday now?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

Thanks, will do. I am at work, but I am keeping the live feed up and keeping an eye on it.
Right now they are just letting people have their rounds talking, giving their opinions etc.
The last guy was talking about the medias bias and how 3 people that od'd were saved by occupiers rather than dying "under a bridge, or in an alley." And that the homeless were in the parks and violence existed long before the camp existed and to spread the truth to their friends. Another girl spoke about people telling her not to come because there was supposed to be violence and she asked people not to succumb to it, etc.

A lot of it is repeating, a lot of people are going to want to talk just to talk, wanting to say they talked at the occupy movement. Which of course isn't bad, wanting to speak and be heard and participate is natural, but they aren't adding anything. Also, I would assume the people talk for entertainment too. It's nice that the people repeat everyone, you would figure they would peter out as they get tired, but they mic check for any and everyone.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thutmoseii

I didn't hear that. I will look around and see.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

the protesters should take a small team of men and attack the police station.burn it to the ground.release the inmates.
i hope they whoop those cops bad.flip the cop cars and take their armor.just wish i got video .i would love to watch this.if i only lived close enough to be there.to be there watching and participating in an act of freedom.to get the chance to dish out some payback on a cop.i am so envious.you protesters are so lucky.

Umm... That would be a good way for these guys to get locked up for the rest of their lives....

I hope no one is stupid enough to do such a thing. I hope it remains nonviolent and that no cop or protestor gets hurt.

Politics aside, they are all people out there.

Honestly, if that is how you would behave ( you are going so far against the roots of this movement) then I am glad you are not there.

And yeah, the protestors are lucky... that you are not there. Let's hope no one who feels the same way you do, is there either.

Let's hope no one is hurt.

Honestly, posts like yours concern me.Does no one within the movement remember the whole nonviolence thing that it started out with?

If the aggressive cops are so bad, why would you want to stoop down to there level?Hmm?

You are at level: Malcom X. The movement was supposed to be at level: Martin Luther King Jr.
edit on 12-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

i can see you and i will almost never agree.we cross paths and disagree all the time on ats.cops are not people.they are sociopaths and sicopaths.remember ruby ridge,remember waco,remember the marine who was protecting his family a few months back.i could find thousands of more examples ,especially if the msm would report them.i hope the msm gets whooped too.make them pay bigtime like we have.may the cop blood be ankle deep and flowing all night.let any person wearing a badge,never forget this night.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thutmoseii
Did they just say they had till Monday now?

I heard they are going somewhere else by tomorrow morning.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

i can see you and i will almost never agree.we cross paths and disagree all the time on ats.cops are not people.they are sociopaths and sicopaths.remember ruby ridge,remember waco,remember the marine who was protecting his family a few months back.i could find thousands of more examples ,especially if the msm would report them.i hope the msm gets whooped too.make them pay bigtime like we have.may the cop blood be ankle deep and flowing all night.let any person wearing a badge,never forget this night.

Have we? I honestly don't remember you. I am honored that you remember me though.

With all due respect, to suggest that cops are not people because they have committed acts of violence, is a bit silly.

People don't commit acts of violence? Is that what you are trying to say?

Remember Jared Loughner? Remember Oswald? Remember Ted Bundy? Remember John Wayne Gacy?

I could go on....

Fact is, people are people and people commit acts of violence some times....

Cops, you and me..... But really... Let me ask you... If things such as Waco and ruby ridge, are bad ( And they are) what on earth makes you think that the things you are calling for are good?

Simply put they are actions that would make you no better than those responsible for waco and what not....

The movement is supposed to be a non violent one.... and there is no reason for any one to hurt anyone.

Especially if it means lowering yourself to the very level you are complaining about cops being at.

Come on, you are not being fair or realistic.You are cop hating.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I'm not fan of cops either, but there is a way to hurt them without getting a crackdown and being labeled a terrorist. We work to limit their power. Right now they have too much. It needs to be toned down. You take away some of that power and the job isn't appealing to the sociopaths, but the good cops (as few as I have seen) remain.

I personally believe (against my libertarian views) that traffic cops and cops that report to other crimes should be two separate institutions. That way we don't have the psyched up psycho cops going directly from a crime like a bar fight (where they have to be hard and vigilant) to pulling over someone (where the have that lingering bar fight attitude).

I do believe in people's right to defend themselves and that the system is broken (crimes against cops punished at the extent of the law while cops crimes against people barely punished.

That discussion, however, is for another time and another thread.

edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So I have been watching the live feed off and on for about an hour. I had to turn the volume off. Very irritating. The repeating of everything almost makes me want the cops to come in and kick them all out. I'm just sayin'. But I'll keep watching and hopefully everything will be peaceful. Ain't America great!!! Come on out, take a seat, get arrested, booked, finger printed, sing some songs in the jail, realeased the next day in time to watch the Cowboys get beat again!

edit on 13-11-2011 by subcsailor because: .

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I heard a mention of "not wanting to eat Monsanto food."
Nice.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
They just announced a protester had been tazed on the other side of the park.
They are explaining, that some people were beating up/arguing/fighting a protester and the protester was tazed?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
yes i am 100% a cop hater.when you lose all your rights and most of your lifetime income because of crooked cops,lawyers and judges.had your kid taken from you and charged with molesting,beating and starving them.then be given your kid back with no appology.
when they beat your brother,hold him down and spray mace in his face.then rub it in his eyes.hold him for thirty days with no charges.
i will have a gun and ammo setting here waiting for you to join me.
the time is now,before the system has the chance to hire the incoming iraq vets.may they all die a quick painful death.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I understand having strong feelings (especially with those experiences), but if you are ever trying to make a concise point against cops and get people to support you it will be hard if they can throw that you are a self confessed "cop hater" back at you. Just trying to help.

Really though, not a cop thread (yet at least).

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

i will have a gun and ammo setting here waiting for you to join me.

Lyrics from the song "Revolution" by The Beatles

We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out

So, save your spot for some one else. If it ever came to that, I will go the route of Martin Luther King Jr.

Peace and love, Robomont.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join