It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
op's live feed "cops will wait this, out no action to be taken" 1 for OWS, 0 for PD, just waited to long, now out numbered badly

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

They actually thought it would "dissipate" .. what idiots! Portland is one of the youngest cities in the country, the city is very active at night even without a huge illegal party to attend! Crowd now at 10k+

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yeah. This looks like it's been the most effective of the protests so far.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by bekod

They actually thought it would "dissipate" .. what idiots! Portland is one of the youngest cities in the country, the city is very active at night even without a huge illegal party to attend! Crowd now at 10k+

So are you still thinking the crowd won't be there at the end of the proverbial day?

I am still saying the crowd is going nowhere.

Non violent resistance in action.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If the crowd does dissipate in the early hours I still think the cops will move in on them.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The problem with this whole Occupy movement is that in time, it will begin to dissolve by itself.
I have seen many popular movements and they all ended by vanishing at some point. The problem is that, the longer they last, the people involved in them are becoming more unaware about what they want to accomplish; this is a consequence of a crowd being not leaded by someone charismatic enough to keep the people together.
This have nothing to do with how smart or stupid the people are but with the fact that this is the way human beings are thinking. I have seen, few years ago, a movement like this vanishing because the authorities did a very wise thing: they didn't force them to live, they left them alone, actually, only keeping them from destroying public property, in a very polite and firm way. It didn't last long until the people start dissipating and in the end, only a handful of them remained there and they also left shortly.

Staying there, chanting, have no effect. Unfortunately, fundamental changes due to people's revolt always took place after a lot of violence, blood and death. History is quite accurate about this.
The only reliable way to accomplish something in a non-violent manner is by separating from the system on the individual level: stop paying taxes, close the bank accounts, boycott the corporations (hard to do it!) - in less words, a national boycott. There aren't enough prisons in the US for a whole nation... I suppose.
Or are they?

... oh, and don't forget the winter... not all people are tough enough to deal with cold. Some of them will get sick and they will force to leave if they don't want to die...

My 2 cents...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

If the crowd does dissipate in the early hours I still think the cops will move in on them.

I agree. But my gut feeling... and keep in mind it is only a gut feeling is that at the end, the protestors will just come right back....

And worst case scenario, just get moved to a different place.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I agree. But my gut feeling... and keep in mind it is only a gut feeling is that at the end, the protestors will just come right back....

And worst case scenario, just get moved to a different place.

Less people watching from elsewhere early in the morning, as well.

I don't have the scanner feed open, but someone commented on the Livestream chat that the police were talking about holding off until 4 AM. How many will be awake then to witness that, if it does turn ugly?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
will you be here till 7 am central?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You have what? 6-10k people out in the streets for what is at heart a political cause? They are talking to each other, talking politics. Not scared to offend and keeping quiet like many I know do. People are talking,sharing stories, people are taking notice, saying "What is this about the fed they are saying?" What is this?
That's not a failure, that's a huge success.

People are also questioning police brutality and unequal treatment by the police.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

One of the Occupy representatives was interviewed just a little while ago. He mentioned that everything important which was voluntarily taken out, will definitely be coming back in. He said that this was, in fact, a great opportunity to better reorganize everything as it comes back in.

edit on 13-11-2011 by idunno12 because: misplaced quote tags :/

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Less people watching from elsewhere early in the morning, as well.

I don't have the scanner feed open, but someone commented on the Livestream chat that the police were talking about holding off until 4 AM. How many will be awake then to witness that, if it does turn ugly?

There are cameras all over the place and a live stream, so the footage will get out if it turns ugly.

And I am hoping it doesn't ...But cops are already starting to push. May not have to wait much longer, sadly...

I love the new chant

"You're sexy, you're cute! Take off the riot suit!"[

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Bout to get hot I believe............

Police moving in........

link   
Things are starting to go....

Cops are pushing trying to get control... Mounted police have showed up....

Non violent resistance being used, still

Protestors are not budging.

link   
One more live stream, from an alternative local station:

www.kgw.com...

Gonna crash my damn browser with all the streams I have open.

ETA: Action now? Cops moving in, it seems...
edit on 13-11-2011 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

link   
Riot and mounted are rushing in

An Officer is down .. police are rushing in to move him out, a back up swat van is also arriving..
edit on 11/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

1:40 a.m.: People are warning that police have begun pushing back the front line at Southwest Third Avenue and Main Street.

And it begins.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
this is going to get bad.....................

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

Eastern.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join