It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns Drawn, California City Workers Parody Police Profiiling on YouTube...Police Ain't Amused.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

A YouTube spoof on the folly of stereotype-driven police profiling has sparked a City of West Covina, Calif., investigation of how the municipal employees in the roughly two-minute video gained use of actual police uniforms and police cars, and whether they were shooting real bullets from inside the vehicles, ABC station KABC-TV in Los Angeles has reported.

"We're wasting our time dealing with these goofs that wasted our resources and our equipment doing this," said West Covina Mayor Pro Tem Michael Touhey, adding that he will demand full repayment of the investigation's cost from the filmmaker.

Well, we pay for their toys don't we? We should get to play with them once in awhile as well!

Anyway, have a look..hilarious.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Okay, so the city gets payment from the film maker. Who pays the taxpayer back for the old men with no sense of humor who ordered investigations to begin with?? It wouldn't appear any harm was done and it's actually funny...so leave well enough alone and perhaps not waste resources trying to learn every aspect of how a video was made. The only thing funnier than the video here is the over-reaction to it.

Great catch.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, so the city gets payment from the film maker. Who pays the taxpayer back for the old men with no sense of humor who ordered investigations to begin with?? It wouldn't appear any harm was done and it's actually funny...so leave well enough alone and perhaps not waste resources trying to learn every aspect of how a video was made. The only thing funnier than the video here is the over-reaction to it.

Great catch.

I agree. No one got hurt and the Police making this more than it is...well they have better things to do I would think.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That was pretty funny.
reminds me of that movie super troopers:

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by jude11

That was pretty funny.
reminds me of that movie super troopers: