It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulldozer runs through Occupy Salt Lake City camp; police arrest at least 4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just caught this on a Twitter post. Nothing else.

www.breakingnews.com...

Anyone have more?

Searched ATS for the exact title but nothing. Tried Google...Nothing

States 2 hours ago but why nothing else then? Does anyone have a lead on this?

A French site is going to update soon but I'm starting to think it's a hoax myself. Please don't star or flag unless this turns to be real instead of a hoax.

Peace

www.romandie.com...

Important Note to our readers: This dispatch comes from an English stream of alerts. She was selected by Romandie.com because of its speed of delivery. Further development of the mail will probably be available in French within a few minutes.

ETA: Looks like the headlines were misleading. They're now clarifying.

New tweets: cpswire.com...

Via @benwinslow, Fox13, and others: Bulldozer or frontloader went through Salt Lake park for cleanup after #occupySLC left

Good to hear that it was BS.

Peace

edit on 12-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Who was driving the bulldozer?
Police or protesters??

Ya not giving us much to go on.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th
reply to post by jude11

Who was driving the bulldozer?
Police or protesters??

Ya not giving us much to go on.

As mentioned in the OP, there doesn't seem to be much else. That's what I'm asking here as well.

I'm also trying to find more. Asking if anyone else here has something since it's been posted on www.breakingnews.com and many use the site regularly.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The link you provided didn't say anything
regarding a bulldozer. The Live Cam was
Denver? No other source?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like "They Live", eh?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I did finally see on Breakingnews that
a bulldozer went thru the park - 4 arrested.
Also tents torn down so I can only assume
they are in the process of trying to move
protestors out of the park.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I did finally see on Breakingnews that
a bulldozer went thru the park - 4 arrested.
Also tents torn down so I can only assume
they are in the process of trying to move
protestors out of the park.

You might be right on this one.

Hopefully.

So much misinformation getting out there that it's hard to tell the truth from the BS right now.

edit on 12-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrakeDarc
Sounds a bit like "They Live", eh?

Yes it does,
at 4:35

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Crime is not protest. The Movement did nothing to discourage the crimes and now the authorities don't have any choice. The more liberal they were, the worse it got. What do people expect? Other than those participating in the crimes who don't matter to anyone anyway. You know, the less than 1%

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Wow. I would be really surprised if they actually drove one or more bulldozers through the encampment like in They Live. It just seems completely totalitarian.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reminds me of ernest goes to camp, where they bulldoze the camp, need exploding golf carts to destroy the dozers of course youll need some "eggseronious"
edit on 12-11-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You'd think that TPTB would want all of the protestors in one place where they can keep an eye on them rather then scattered throughout the general population. Driving a bulldozer through the middle would only bring this whole issue to the attention of those that don't know about it.

I've said it before and i'll say it again "thank god i don't live in the U.S A-wesome"

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think that was the camp where they had a death from the a drug overdose. When people start dying, somebody has to do something.

Nobody with a functional brain believes the party animals are actually protestors. Just drunks and druggies along for the ride. Occupy should have self-policed before it go to this point. Now they are liable for whatever happens in the court of public opinion. It's over other than rounding up the Anarchists and thugs. The 40% support they have will shrink to nothing if the crime spree continues. Even the creepy politicians who are trying to take it over for the Democrats will walk away.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I think that was the camp where they had a death from the a drug overdose. When people start dying, somebody has to do something.
If I remember correctly that park was also one of the most popular areas for homeless people to camp, and had been used for years by homeless people. How do they know it was actually a protestor and not some homeless guy? Also, what about all the people that die normally from overdoses? I bet at least 10 people have died from an overdose in the time it took me to write this post. Even Michael Jackson died from an overdose, but he was so well respected that even his doctor had to pay the price for Jackson's stupidity (btw I hope all you ignorant Americans feel better now after being able to punish an innocent man).

And furthermore, what about all the people who have been hospitalized due to excessive police force (maybe we should drive a bulldozer through their buildings)? I guess that doesn't matter to you. But it's perfectly ok to drive bulldozers through their camps when they risk their own health? It should NEVER be ok to use such extreme measures against a perfectly peaceful encampment. If they wanted the people out of the park there are more sensible measures that could have been taken, instead of recreating a scene from They Live.
edit on 12-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join